• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

Leighton-Baines-1.jpg

?

william-gallas.jpg

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/22/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-ill-never-join-spurs-after-weird-negotiations-4156856/

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has revealed he will never forgive Tottenham for scuppering his potential transfer to White Hart Lane.

The Gabon striker, who joined Borussia Dortmund for £11million in the summer from St Etienne, claims he rejected the chance to move to Spurs the previous season after the club turned negotiations sour.

‘Tottenham tried to sign me in June 2012,’ Aubameyang said ahead of Dortmund’s Champions League tie against Arsenal tonight.

‘But in the end everything became a bit weird. I didn’t really like the way things were done.’

The 24-year-old has made a flying start to his career in Germany, scoring five goals in nine Bundesliga appearances, and claims he will never give the north Londoners a second chance to land his signature.

‘If Spurs ever came back in for me, I’d say no,’ he added.

According to the gossip today (Daily Star) we are going to make a £28 mil bid for Benteke in January. That is who we need and that is who I want. Soldado had a couple of nice touches on sunday and a lovely calm finish but for me he is not on the ball often enough- and similar can be said of Defoe.

Benteke is a real threat who frightens other teams. With him and Baines and we could even win the title if not too far behind by then.

According to the gossip today (Daily Star) we are going to make a £28 mil bid for Benteke in January. That is who we need and that is who I want. Soldado had a couple of nice touches on sunday and a lovely calm finish but for me he is not on the ball often enough- and similar can be said of Defoe.

Benteke is a real threat who frightens other teams. With him and Baines and we could even win the title if not too far behind by then.

Hmm..shame as he'd a great addition.

Seriously though, I can only see a move for him if we shift Ade.

The last thing we need is a big man up front. We're doing enough hoofing from the back as it is. We need a passing midfield who can dictate play from the centre of the pitch.

I couldn't disagree with you more.... Our build up is slow and purposeful generally involving us gradually moving the ball forward and pinning the other team back more and more into their own half. Unfortunately however this is makes it extremely difficult to work an opening, the fact that we don't have a physical presence up front also means that we lack the option of getting crosses into the box from wide areas.

In games such as the West Ham one for instance it would've been a great option to be able to fire it up to somebody Benteke and then get the likes of Ericksen, Siggurdson and Townsend playing off of him so that we could have posession of the ball in good areas of the pitch without almost all of their team in position between us and their goal.

Usually not to Soldado. But we play the most long balls per game in the league.
And when we're pinned back in our own half constantly (like we have in our last 2 league games), a big man upfront will be be the obvious outball to a team outnumbered in midfield.
Hmmmm - I think a lot of those long balls are actually balls to switch play from left to right (or vice versa) or balls out from Dawson intended to hit either Townsend or Siggurdson who are often in space due to the way that teams go narrow when defending against us.

Also Modric - surely if we are pinned back and outnumbered in midfield then a ball up to the centre forward is the best ball to play?

I would be all over us going for Benteke in January and I would be happy with us going in with a £30 million offer to Villa to tempt them. The last few seasons we have been in with a great shout of a Champions League place in January and on none of those occasions have we taken the gamble to try to secure it. This season we definitely have the money to make signings and I think as long as we're signing players of the right age profile then we can afford to over pay a little now to help us realise our ambitions.

Along with Benteke I actually wouldn't mind seeing us have a little go for Evra from Man Utd. It sounds like it would be unlikely to happen I know, but the fact that they went for Baines and Contrao leads me to believe that they are ready for a change and with Evra knowing he is on the way out there and with a World Cup coming up he may well be keen to come and join us?

I couldn't disagree with you more.... Our build up is slow and purposeful generally involving us gradually moving the ball forward and pinning the other team back more and more into their own half. Unfortunately however this is makes it extremely difficult to work an opening, the fact that we don't have a physical presence up front also means that we lack the option of getting crosses into the box from wide areas.

In games such as the West Ham one for instance it would've been a great option to be able to fire it up to somebody Benteke and then get the likes of Ericksen, Siggurdson and Townsend playing off of him so that we could have posession of the ball in good areas of the pitch without almost all of their team in position between us and their goal.

Hmmmm - I think a lot of those long balls are actually balls to switch play from left to right (or vice versa) or balls out from Dawson intended to hit either Townsend or Siggurdson who are often in space due to the way that teams go narrow when defending against us.

Also Modric - surely if we are pinned back and outnumbered in midfield then a ball up to the centre forward is the best ball to play?

I would be all over us going for Benteke in January and I would be happy with us going in with a £30 million offer to Villa to tempt them. The last few seasons we have been in with a great shout of a Champions League place in January and on none of those occasions have we taken the gamble to try to secure it. This season we definitely have the money to make signings and I think as long as we're signing players of the right age profile then we can afford to over pay a little now to help us realise our ambitions.

Along with Benteke I actually wouldn't mind seeing us have a little go for Evra from Man Utd. It sounds like it would be unlikely to happen I know, but the fact that they went for Baines and Contrao leads me to believe that they are ready for a change and with Evra knowing he is on the way out there and with a World Cup coming up he may well be keen to come and join us?

I totally agree with the bolded paragraph, and although I do believe Levy is a shrewd operator in the transfer market I firmly believe our poor Jan transfer windows may have cost us maybe two CL qualifications.

Evra is an interesting one and but this season might just be the wrong one to try and purchase a Utd player. They are in direct competition with us now, whereas before they were probably too far ahead to worry about us.

Forget Evra he's past it and a c0ck to boot. He had a meltdown on French TV at the weekend swearing and ****ging off other players. Much rather have Disco back.

do we?? our transfer dealings broke even in the summer, like in a lot of our previous transfer windows, so I dont see where we have the money for a 30 mill striker

we sell to buy, so unless we sell 30 mill worth of players in Jan I dont think we have a hope of affording Bentekkers

Yeah, so in the summer we're quoted 25m and we decide not to, but now we're going to up and bid 28m?

I don't see it.

exactly, thats not Levy at all, if we were quoted 25m in July there is no way Levy would offer anything over 8m now

I am sure I have read that we still haven't spent the Modric money and Levy must see what we are missing.... If not sell Townsend, Vertonghen and Sandro.......... Only joking on that one by the way before I get slaughtered..

Perhaps we should discuss the differences (both positive and negative) between Ade and Benteke and what they can/will bring to our squad as it is now.

Perhaps we should discuss the differences (both positive and negative) between Ade and Benteke and what they can/will bring to our squad as it is now.

Ade:

Flaky, blows hot and cold, tries hard but more than often just lacks motivation to do anything other than run around a lot
Keeps going off to the African Nations tournament at inconvenient times
Brilliant in bursts, frustrating for long spells

Benteke:

Oooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnyyyyyy!

Seriously guys, we've just bought a guy who's scored 60+ goals in La Liga over the last three or four seasons, is theoretically in his prime, has just scored from open play in the Premier League and cost us 26 million quid to boot. Now we suddenly absolutely need to shunt him out of a first-team spot so we can splurge again on Benteke and put him in there?

At the moment, we need back-up for Soldado if Ade leaves in January. If that back-up has Benteke's attributes (big, strong, fast) then great: if not, then there's no harm in buying a cheaper back-up and waiting for the summer before we make any decisions on the future of our new lone striker. and besides, I'm coming around to the idea that playing to Soldado's strengths may make us better as a team. A guy like Benteke would make us lazy: all we'd do is cross it into him and try to hit him with lofted balls from the back (see Peter Crouch's time here for details). Soldado moves around an awful lot, plays great little link-up passes and back-heels to keep momentum going, and needs space to function at his best ,making it harder for us to get the ball to him. This will hopefully make us move the ball around quicker and more effectively to get him into the game, which will help us in the long run.

We will not be buying Benteke in January. AVB says we will play with 1 striker. I personally think he will change his mind soon but if he doesn't we would have to completely change our style of play to accomodate Benteke. We are not RM. We do not buy a £26 million striker and then get another one.

-------------------Lloris------------
-----Kaboul------Dawson--------Vert
--------Sandro--------Paulinho--------
Townsend---------Eriksen-------Lennon
-----------Soldado-------Benteke-----

Simples ;)

Well for starters playing benteke would probably get us a points deduction as he's not a spurs player.

We will not be buying Benteke in January. AVB says we will play with 1 striker. I personally think he will change his mind soon but if he doesn't we would have to completely change our style of play to accomodate Benteke. We are not RM. We do not buy a £26 million striker and then get another one.

no, but we can afford to buy a 30 mill young Argie wide player and stick him on the bench

Compliments of the beeb....could be an exodus of talent from the French league if this happens

So why are French footballers planning to go strike at the end of November?

Under the government's proposals, companies, rather than individuals, will be liable to pay the 75 per cent tax rate for the part of employees' annual salaries that exceed one million euros.

The issue is to be discussed in parliament, but the fear among clubs is that it will dissuade players from playing their football in France and they will instead seek employment elsewhere.

The clubs had initially hoped they would be exempt, but sports minister Valerie Fourneyron confirmed last month that that would not be the case.

Back