• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Priority is selling any of: Doherty, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Dele

Preferably sell them all. £150m for the lot?

£150m? You really do have a sense of humour

Besides I would sell Rodon before Dier and Davies. Davies in particular is the least of our problems, at the very least he is a decent squad player. Even Dier has been respectable. If we improve on either of them, and I hope we do, they would make good squad players

Kessie in for Hojbjerg
Fat Daz in for Bergwijn
Anyone in for Doherty
Maybe someone in for Rodon + 2CV

Sounds good to me
Kessie for Lo Celso = zero net cost (though big wage bill increase).
Corona for Doherty = very little net cost and probably not too much of a dent in the wage bill.
Any of Botman, Bremer, Ginter, Badiashile, Romagnoli in for Rodon (£0 to £25m net cost).
Leaves potential for any big money to be spent on Vlahovic.

I’d love to see us tie up a deal to take Brozovic on a bosman this summer as well….

I guess it was a joke, you know, from South Park. A person says "I'm not your friend, buddy", and the other goes with "I'm not your buddy, pal", and so on, with "I'm not your pal, guy", "I'm not your guy, friend", "I'm not your friend, pal", "I'm not your pal, buddy".

Borussia Dortmund are looking to put together a deal to try to persuade Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland to stay with them, with the 21-year-old's future at the club set to be decided by the end of February. (Bild, via Mail)

Emirates Marketing Project will wait until the summer to add a striker to their ranks, with the club retaining an interest in Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane and also having Haaland among their list of targets. (ESPN)

Barcelona's hopes of extending France winger Ousmane Dembele's contract have suffered a blow with talks having broken down. The 24-year-old's current deal runs out in the summer. (Gerard Moreno, via 90 Min)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine hope to complete a deal to bring in Atletico Madrid and England right-back Kieran Trippier, 31, next week and, after an injury to 29-year-old English striker Callum Wilson, will also try to sign a forward in January. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Chelsea have asked about the availability of 24-year-old France left-back Theo Hernandez, who AC Milan will not consider selling for less than 60m euros (£50.5m). (Tuttosport, via Football Italia)

Wolfsburg's French centre-back Maxence Lacroix, 21, Fenerbahce's Hungarian Attila Szalai, 23, and Sevilla's France international Jules Kounde, 23, are among the defenders Chelsea could target in January. (Express)

Paris St-Germain still believe they can tie France forward Kylian Mbappe to a new deal. The 23-year-old, whose contract expires at the end of the season, is free to negotiate with clubs outside France from January. (National)

Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick has told England keeper Dean Henderson he will not be allowed to leave the club in January, with Tottenham monitoring the 24-year-old's situation. (Manchester Evening News)

United have entered the race to sign Leeds United's 25-year-old Brazil forward Raphinha. (Fichajes, via Manchester Evening News)

Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris, 35, is open to a return to former club Nice when his contract with the London club runs out in the summer. (Foot Mercato, via Mail)

Sevilla have little room to increase their offer for France striker Anthony Martial after Manchester United rejected the Spanish club's move to take the 26-year-old on loan. (Mundo Deportivo, via Mirror)

Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are interested in Olympiakos' 20-year-old Guinean forward Aguibou Camara. (Foot Mercato - in French)

Besiktas are in talks to sign Turkey striker Cenk Tosun from Everton on loan. The 30-year-old's contract with the Goodison Park club runs out in the summer. (Fanatik - in Turkish)

Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed that 25-year-old Switzerland midfielder Denis Zakaria, who has been linked with Arsenal, Leicester City and Everton among others, will leave the club when his contract runs out in the summer. (90 Min)

Napoli are interested in signing Manchester United defender Alex Tuanzebe and the 24-year-old's season-long loan to Aston Villa could be cut short so he can join the Italian side. (Sky Sport Italia, via Football Italia)

Manchester United's interim manager Ralf Rangnick could look to Barcelona's 22-year-old Uruguay defender Ronald Araujo, potentially available for £30m, to solve his side's defensive problems. (El Nacional, via Mirror)

Juventus would be willing to sell 21-year-old Sweden winger Dejan Kulusevski for 35-40m euros (£29m-34m) in January, with Arsenal, Tottenham and Bayern Munich the main contenders. (La Gazzetta dello Sport, via Football Italia)

I've been going to Spurs since Christmas 1957 and Conte is the first manager I've ever thought would walk away from the job if he doesnt get the backing. Its essential that he is backed now and in the summer as I believe it's unlikely we will get a manager of his calibre easily. I know it's difficult at this time of the season and given the covid situation but this is the time to act or this great opportunity to progress could disappear. I've never been an advocate for buy, buy, buy or blaming everything on Mr Levy or ENIC but now is the time.

I've been going to Spurs since Christmas 1957 and Conte is the first manager I've ever thought would walk away from the job if he doesnt get the backing. Its essential that he is backed now and in the summer as I believe it's unlikely we will get a manager of his calibre easily. I know it's difficult at this time of the season and given the covid situation but this is the time to act or this great opportunity to progress could disappear. I've never been an advocate for buy, buy, buy or blaming everything on Mr Levy or ENIC but now is the time.
Agree.
We will see Levy's true colours now.

Good post...and however bad covid has hit us, the interest rate on our debt is very low and long-dated, and most overseas leagues are still playing in front of reduced crowds. Now is the time to be bold

COmments from Alastair Gold on Twitter than LCB, RWB and CF are priorities for Jan. Given he often seems to have the inside track, that sound good to me!

I'm guessing that in CM we might try to muddle through, with Kessie signing up for the summer and obviously Sarr coming in then too. I dont see PEH leaving and Winks is now in favour, so thats 5 CMS inked in for 2022/3: Skipp, Kessie, PEH, Winks, Sarr...could see us potentially adding one more in the summer

Back