• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

This whole meeting thing which Conte has been mentioning for a while now, makes little sense to me.

Surely Paratici and Conte talking and discussing the squad and transfers etc is an ongoing dialogue. That would make sense on both their close personal and working relationship. Even if Levy has taken a back seat, he must also be talking quite regularly with Paratici.

I would have thought everyone knows where they stand and we are ready to go from the off in January. Yet Conte makes it sound like no one really speaks to each other and they will have the first discussion about it shortly :eek:

It's all about controlling the narrative. Firstly for Conte, he gets to put a barrier between him and the dealings of the club and secondly for the club it's better as a buyer to not let on we're set on a particular list of players.

Who we want and don't want would have been decided at the time Conte finished his evaluation of the squad.

It's all about controlling the narrative. Firstly for Conte, he gets to put a barrier between him and the dealings of the club and secondly for the club it's better as a buyer to not let on we're set on a particular list of players.

Who we want and don't want would have been decided at the time Conte finished his evaluation of the squad.

Yeah probably just a way of answering the question without actually answering the question.

May of course be true to an extent. That there is a more decision focused meeting coming up, do we push for this or that player type thing.

Either way as clear a statement of intent towards action in January as I can remember for years and years.

Yeah probably just a way of answering the question without actually answering the question.

May of course be true to an extent. That there is a more decision focused meeting coming up, do we push for this or that player type thing.

Either way as clear a statement of intent towards action in January as I can remember for years and years.

Agreed, and with a DoF in place, it massively increases the chances of deals happening partly as we have someone who's primary function and skill is doing deals, and frankly because he wouldnt bother hanging around if we didnt do deals

I guess it was a joke, you know, from South Park. A person says "I'm not your friend, buddy", and the other goes with "I'm not your buddy, pal", and so on, with "I'm not your pal, guy", "I'm not your guy, friend", "I'm not your friend, pal", "I'm not your pal, buddy".
Watch the 'Canada on strike' episode for full understanding :)

Liverpool are interested in Arsenal and England winger Bukayo Saka, 20, whose contract at Emirates Stadium expires in 2024. (Transfer Window podcast, via Express)

Liverpool have also made a contract offer to AC Milan's 25-year-old Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie, whose deal at the San Siro expires at the end of this season. (Ansa - in Italian)

Barcelona want to sign 27-year-old Emirates Marketing Project and Spain defender Aymeric Laporte next summer. (Sun)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are closing in on Lille's £30m-rated Dutch defender Sven Botman, 21, as a key piece of their January transfer business. (Mail)

The Magpies are also monitoring Juventus' Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 31, with West Ham and Everton also interested in the 31-year-old. (Sun)

The agent of Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo has dismissed rumours the 36-year-old wants to leave Manchester United. (Sky Sports, via Manchester Evening News)

Arsenal have identified Real Sociedad and Sweden's Alexander Isak, 22, and Lille and Canada's Jonathan David, 21 as possible options to bolster their forward line. (The Athletic - subscription required)

Juventus' Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 28, Inter Milan's 29-year-old Dutch defender Stefan de Vrij and Inter's 32-year-old Croatia forward Ivan Perisic could be tempted to join Tottenham in January. (Football.London)

Chelsea are edging towards a deal for Monaco's 21-year-old French midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni, who may be a cheaper option than West Ham and England's Declan Rice, 22. (Daily Telegraph's Matt Law on the London is Blue podcast, via Chelsea Chronicle)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have put together a "monster" contract offer for Barcelona's unsettled French winger Ousmane Dembele, 24. (Rudy Galetti on Twitter)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are also preparing an offer for Roma's 28-year-old French midfielder Jordan Veretout. (Foot Mercato - in French)

Watford have enquired about a deal to sign Aston Villa's 26-year-old English defender Kortney Hause in January. (Football Insider)

Lyon have rejected Chelsea's attempt to recall 27-year-old Italian left-back Emerson Palmieri, who is on loan at the Ligue 1 side. (L'Equipe, via Get French Football News)

Leeds are interesting in signing 26-year-old Argentine striker Giovanni Simeone, currently on loan at Verona from Cagliari, in the summer. (L'Arena, via Sport Witness)

Barcelona have made 29-year-old former Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata, currently on loan at Juventus from Atletico Madrid, their top target for January. (AS - in Spanish)

However, Juventus have rejected the offer of a swap deal from Barcelona for Morata involving Dutch forward Memphis Depay, 27. (Football Italia)

Juventus' Dutch centre-back Matthijs de Ligt, 22, is Barcelona manager Xavi's top transfer target. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray says the club are not looking to sell 22-year-old Chile international striker Ben Brereton. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Likely just paper talk, but worth thinking about what the basis for this could be if it were true. Would have to be based on filling in the creative void which we have

If we were to sell/swap GLC and Ndombele with other clubs, and only have Kessie arriving in the summer, then a load for him could make sense. If Conte could get him back to even vaguely approaching his effectiveness at Liverpool, he'd be an asset. If he couldnt, he'dgo back to Barca in the summer

Likely just paper talk, but worth thinking about what the basis for this could be if it were true. Would have to be based on filling in the creative void which we have

If we were to sell/swap GLC and Ndombele with other clubs, and only have Kessie arriving in the summer, then a load for him could make sense. If Conte could get him back to even vaguely approaching his effectiveness at Liverpool, he'd be an asset. If he couldnt, he'dgo back to Barca in the summer

His agent driving up interest, he was linked with the Goons the other day as well. Way below the level of what we need now.

Am I right in thinking that we have our full quota of non-HG players per UEFA rules at the moment?

Lloris
Gollini
Royal
Dier
Sanchez
Romero
Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Moura
Son
Gil
= 14 under PL rules

plus:
Doherty
Davies
Rodon
= 17 under UEFA rules

+ Sarr in the summer puts us at 18

If so, for all the lists of soon to be out of contract players in the summer, we need to shift some of the above with GLC, Ndomebele, Doherty, Rodon, perhaps Gil on loan highest priority

I guess UEFA rules dont matter for us til the summer but signing the likes of Sam Johnstone and ditching Gollini would help

Am I right in thinking that we have our full quota of non-HG players per UEFA rules at the moment?

Lloris
Gollini
Royal
Dier
Sanchez
Romero
Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Moura
Son
Gil
= 14 under PL rules

plus:
Doherty
Davies
Rodon
= 17 under UEFA rules

+ Sarr in the summer puts us at 18

If so, for all the lists of soon to be out of contract players in the summer, we need to shift some of the above with GLC, Ndomebele, Doherty, Rodon, perhaps Gil on loan highest priority

I guess UEFA rules dont matter for us til the summer but signing the likes of Sam Johnstone and ditching Gollini would help

I sound like a broken record. But this would be one of my first signings

Back