• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Am I right in thinking that we have our full quota of non-HG players per UEFA rules at the moment?

Lloris
Gollini
Royal
Dier
Sanchez
Romero
Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Moura
Son
Gil
= 14 under PL rules

plus:
Doherty
Davies
Rodon
= 17 under UEFA rules

+ Sarr in the summer puts us at 18

If so, for all the lists of soon to be out of contract players in the summer, we need to shift some of the above with GLC, Ndomebele, Doherty, Rodon, perhaps Gil on loan highest priority

I guess UEFA rules dont matter for us til the summer but signing the likes of Sam Johnstone and ditching Gollini would help

UEFA rules aren't really a concern at the moment.

I sound like a broken record. But this would be one of my first signings

Is Johnstone that good? I could see Henderson being up to filling the role of Lloris' short-term deputy, long-term heir, but is Johnstone that level too (I've just not seen much of him)?

Is Johnstone that good? I could see Henderson being up to filling the role of Lloris' short-term deputy, long-term heir, but is Johnstone that level too (I've just not seen much of him)?

If Utd will sell to us, then agree about Henderson, but Johnstone is still a great signing given his contract situation. We probably need two new keepers within the next couple years too

Also why Dele and Winks and more likely to be kept over GLC and Ndombele.

Winks - yes, but I think Dele will go either this window or next, along with GLC and Ndombele. We're not being linked with many HG players at the moment though

If Utd will sell to us, then agree about Henderson, but Johnstone is still a great signing given his contract situation. We probably need two new keepers within the next couple years too

I haven't seen enough of him with the ball at his feet to judge whether he is a good fit for Conte

Interesting…. Twine is an attacking midfielder with 11 goals and 7 assists in 21 games for MK Sons this season.

Keane Lewis-Potter is at Hull and is a left winger who has recently been playing as a left wing back.

Brennan Johnson is an attacking midfield player at Notts Forest and there is a lot of hype about him in the game. Several PL clubs linked with him but Brentford have probably been the most heavily linked for £15 to £20m).

Interesting…. Twine is an attacking midfielder with 11 goals and 7 assists in 21 games for MK Sons this season.

Keane Lewis-Potter is at Hull and is a left winger who has recently been playing as a left wing back.

Brennan Johnson is an attacking midfield player at Notts Forest and there is a lot of hype about him in the game. Several PL clubs linked with him but Brentford have probably been the most heavily linked for £15 to £20m).

Was aware of Johnson a year or so ago. Yet another whose father was a pro.

Johnson was linked a few days ago and Ashton say it was bug £££ for a youngster

Twine I’ve only heard very very good things about locally since he signed but he is also not “young” now

Dad is a Forest fan and was speaking about us and Johnson. Said he is very raw but has the attributes but nowhere near top 6 prem quality at the moment but could with time and training.

I rate him, some of the best stats in the league i think in the WBA team that got relegated, however, i treat some of these lightly as relegated teams generally face more shots so have more opportunity to make saves. The sign of a really class keeper is one who only has to make 1/2 crucial saves a game.

We will be on the look out for a keeper that can hack it in a title winning side, not many of them about.

I rate him, some of the best stats in the league i think in the WBA team that got relegated, however, i treat some of these lightly as relegated teams generally face more shots so have more opportunity to make saves. The sign of a really class keeper is one who only has to make 1/2 crucial saves a game.

We will be on the look out for a keeper that can hack it in a title winning side, not many of them about.
Look at the lad at the arsenal
Looked average in 2 teams that’s enter own but learned loads

If Lloris decides not to sign a new contract then I think we’ll take Onana on a free. Would be a smart move to get Johnstone in January as our long term number 2, that would allow us to send Gollini back to his parent club in the summer.

Am I right in thinking that we have our full quota of non-HG players per UEFA rules at the moment?

Lloris
Gollini
Royal
Dier
Sanchez
Romero
Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Moura
Son
Gil
= 14 under PL rules

plus:
Doherty
Davies
Rodon
= 17 under UEFA rules

+ Sarr in the summer puts us at 18

If so, for all the lists of soon to be out of contract players in the summer, we need to shift some of the above with GLC, Ndomebele, Doherty, Rodon, perhaps Gil on loan highest priority

I guess UEFA rules dont matter for us til the summer but signing the likes of Sam Johnstone and ditching Gollini would help

Seems to me like we'll be fine.

Only Alli really of the HG players potentially leaving, even him it's looking less certain than it did a month ago.

Meanwhile several of the non HG players that are likely to be on their way now or in the summer.

One or two HG players in now or in the summer would essentially make it a non issue. Even if not we'll be fine as long as it's one out one in, and we have quite a few that we'd be happy enough to see leave.

More about finding buyers, may have to accept loan deals for now.

Back