• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

I can't see why either of those would move to West Ham. Its a sideways move whereas I could see both of them moving to bigger teams

West Ham are reported to be putting in bids for Kalvin Phillips and Raphinha. Why aren't we??????
Spending the Rice money in advance? Leeds wouldn’t sell either to a rival in Jan, would drag them right in to a relegation battle and ultimately cost more than the transfer fees.

Bentancur and Kulusevski are a dyslexic's nightmare. They are up there with Vertonghen, Pavlichenko and Hojbjerg. All I see is the capital, then a jumble of noise. On that basis, I'm totally against these signings.

Makes as much sense as a lot of your views...

(joke)

Will be interesting to see if we push for more if we get Bentancur and Kulusevski over the line.

Can't just spend deadline day working on outgoings surely...

Will be interesting to see if we push for more if we get Bentancur and Kulusevski over the line.

Can't just spend deadline day working on outgoings surely...

I'd be surprised if we do, unless we find someone in a priority position (eg back-up CF, RWB etc)

Whilst there's only a number of players which you can sensibly sign from one club, Morata is an obvious loan which we could do

I'd be surprised if we do, unless we find someone in a priority position (eg back-up CF, RWB etc)

Whilst there's only a number of players which you can sensibly sign from one club, Morata is an obvious loan which we could do

You're probably right. Take advantage if we can, perhaps some speculative attempts, but 3 good signings in two days is hoping for a lot.

RWB is still a gap. No talk of Doherty going anywhere so maybe we are going to go with what we’ve got until the end of the season

Amrabat now seems quiet. Dependent on lo celso / ndombele leaving on loan? Or shelved now we have done the deal for Bentancur?

would love it if we could get one more over the line.

RWB is still a gap. No talk of Doherty going anywhere so maybe we are going to go with what we’ve got until the end of the season

Amrabat now seems quiet. Dependent on lo celso / ndombele leaving on loan? Or shelved now we have done the deal for Bentancur?

I'm guessing Amrabat isn't happening if Bentancur happens.

RWB for sure an issue, but not sure who at could push for at this point.

Amrabat seems like the back-up to Bettie, which now seems on.

I think Doherty is now with us til the end of the season

I'm guessing Amrabat isn't happening if Bentancur happens.

RWB for sure an issue, but not sure who at could push for at this point.

You’d think if Gil, ndombele and lo celso all go, then another midfielder will come in. Although, they’re not really contributing much at the moment so perhaps we wouldn’t notice if 3 went and 2 came in.

Feels like we're just working with one club. What about the deadwood? If it's expensive to buy mid season, won't it be a great opportunity to sell?

Feels like we're just working with one club. What about the deadwood? If it's expensive to buy mid season, won't it be a great opportunity to sell?

Does it feel that way or is it that you're just looking at the two deals most likely to happen right now and jumping to conclusions?

Several non-Juve clubs rumoured to be in for Ndombele, Gil & Lo Celso
Several players at non-Juve clubs that we have been strongly linked to/bid for, but sure we're only actually dealing with Juventus

You’d think if Gil, ndombele and lo celso all go, then another midfielder will come in. Although, they’re not really contributing much at the moment so perhaps we wouldn’t notice if 3 went and 2 came in.

I see Gil as more of an attacker in this system. GLC has played there too.

Skipp, Hojbjerg, Winks and Bentancur for two midfield roles in the 3-4-3. Probably add Kulusevski if it's a midfield three.

I think that's fine. Certainly several other areas way up the list of priorities.

Centre forward is still our top priority for me. Not to get at least cover short term would be absolutely negligent imo.

Back