• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Who Are you talking about Dembele? He is a bang average speed merchant who can’t finish his dinner. He is so frustrating to watch.

I agree his finishing isn't up to much, but he's definitely got an eye for pass. His movement is good too; he's certainly no Walcott

I fudging hope not, he is one of the most overrated young players in world football and is injured more than Lo Celso and Lamela combined.

I actually think he is very good player, my concern is that he is indisciplined and has missed 50% of the matches since he joined Barca due to injury.

Someone sounds optimistic...

It's going to be a crazy 48 hours!

Just enjoy the ride!

Genuinely still think 3 in. I wouldn't even rule a 4th out if we manage to shift out Gil, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Dele & Rodon.

Lyon as already mentioned want Ndombele. Gil is 99% done on loan. Lo Celso has options as does Dele. Rodon may also leave with a few interested.

Some names we're talking to still not out there so expect more new names over the next 48 hours.

Juve double looking very likely but there are other options we are exploring for CM so don't rule out 2 x CMs coming in. Especially if we manage to clear a few mentioned above.

Let me say it again, Conte understands the situation. The Summer is huge for us with so many good players out of contract or entering the final year.

The next 48 hours will be busy, but the Summer is going to be madness.

New players will arrive over the next 48 hours so don't think it's a repeat of history and we end up with no one.

Of all the names I've heard, there are literally 2 I would be against joining us and as it stands, they're both down the list and we won't need to drop that low.

I saw the Daily Mirror is claiming we'll be in for Bissouma.
I'd heard he was bailed to allow him to play in the Afcon but wasn't aware that he's been cleared of charges. A risky transfer if true.

Dembele looked world class when I went Barca away
And he always looked a player before Barca and even before Dortmund

But right now he feels like a Chelsea signing rather than one for us

Dembele looked world class when I went Barca away
And he always looked a player before Barca and even before Dortmund

But right now he feels like a Chelsea signing rather than one for us
We all see a player în him somewhere, but he is a danger medically, professionally and wage demands. Who wants another Ndombele on our hands?

Wouldn't touch him with the CanadArm holding a barge pole:

canadarm-02-resize.jpg

If there's any truth in us being willing to let Rodon go surely we must be looking at another CB to bring in?

Still think RWB should be a priority. Perhaps no suitable options available? Or are we trying for someone not yet reported?

If there's any truth in us being willing to let Rodon go surely we must be looking at another CB to bring in?

Still think RWB should be a priority. Perhaps no suitable options available? Or are we trying for someone not yet reported?

Agree about RWB- its odd that were after Traore to play there but haven't been linked with others. Perhaps there's a higher priority player there who we know will be available in the summer? Unusual if not

Rodon is 6th choice CB so I can believe that we might allow him to go on loan without a replacement. Royal could also play there at a push. For whatever reason, a few managers have seen Rodon daily and not thought he's up to the task so a loan is probably best

Back