• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Agree about RWB- its odd that were after Traore to play there but haven't been linked with others. Perhaps there's a higher priority player there who we know will be available in the summer? Unusual if not

Rodon is 6th choice CB so I can believe that we might allow him to go on loan without a replacement. Royal could also play there at a push. For whatever reason, a few managers have seen Rodon daily and not thought he's up to the task so a loan is probably best
Rodon is not wanted here
IMO he hasn’t been given a chance but there have been enough people look at him
The lack of RWB links is worrying unless we’re gonna give Doherty a go in the position he played before we signed him. It’s possible but I’m not convinced

Rodon is not wanted here
IMO he hasn’t been given a chance but there have been enough people look at him
The lack of RWB links is worrying unless we’re gonna give Doherty a go in the position he played before we signed him. It’s possible but I’m not convinced

I think the latter is right re RWB - we're planning to use Doherty there til the summer at least

Agree about RWB- its odd that were after Traore to play there but haven't been linked with others. Perhaps there's a higher priority player there who we know will be available in the summer? Unusual if not

Rodon is 6th choice CB so I can believe that we might allow him to go on loan without a replacement. Royal could also play there at a push. For whatever reason, a few managers have seen Rodon daily and not thought he's up to the task so a loan is probably best

Playing with three centre backs, a clear lack of backup options at left centre back and (imo) a couple options that aren't great fits to the system (on the ball at least) I'm not sure we can go to 5 centre backs.

Perhaps a gamble worth taking if Rodon isn't seen as good enough anyway.

Agreed on Royal, but that would make a RWB option even more important and so far Royal is entirely untested there.

Thought we were linked with the Boro lad on loan at Forest? £12m iirc. Isn't he a rwb?

Good point. Haven't seen any real credible links on Spence so forgot about him.

I’ll be the exception but I’m fine with that
If we are back to 3-4-3 with him underlappping and Romero playing right side it could well work
Personally I think we will be going for Lamptey in the summer, I don’t think Brighton would have sold him in January. Whilst we do ideally need a better attacking RWB, Doherty has shown signs of improvement when being played in his actual position and Royal can still be useful especially when playing the bigger teams as defensively we will need him and he will have more space to run into going forward with the better teams not sitting so deep. There’s no point getting one in now for the sake of it if we can’t get our main target, as I don’t consider us to be desperate in that position…..

Personally I think we will be going for Lamptey in the summer, I don’t think Brighton would have sold him in January. Whilst we do ideally need a better attacking RWB, Doherty has shown signs of improvement when being played in his actual position and Royal can still be useful especially when playing the bigger teams as defensively we will need him and he will have more space to run into going forward with the better teams not sitting so deep. There’s no point getting one in now for the sake of it if we can’t get our main target, as I don’t consider us to be desperate in that position…..

I think it should be a priority position, but I agree, no need to get someone just to get someone.

Fixing what can be fixed with good solutions rather than targeting the highest priorities is a solid strategy in January imo.

Good signing for Burnley that, I liked the idea of him at Spurs when we were linked a while back.

They get Cornet back injury free and he gets going in the prem they'll stay up I imagine, which is a shame.

Back