• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Hazard is better than all of those bar Bale. Joe Cole said he was the closest thing on the planet to Ronaldo. He's quick, very skillful and plays with his head up. Players in the french league have had a go at him, literally stating that he has got to stop "taking the tinkle" out of them with his skill.

I do think he is a quality player but I am being realistic as well. Don't see Levy splashing that cash on him when we clearly need a striker who will cost a similar amount

the arguments about the striker being the priority?

i agree

i just think levy is also opportunistic and sense a business puchase that can also somehow help the team if the opportunity arises

40 million is alot of money but with the way the market is operating these days..40 million is like 25 million a few years ago

and i'm sure levy is thinking..we get hazard, and just to cushion the blow when we do want to buy that striker we can off load a few players if we want to

I do think he is a quality player but I am being realistic as well. Don't see Levy splashing that cash on him when we clearly need a striker who will cost a similar amount

Just because he isn't a striker doesn't mean we aren't active for other quality players. Redknapp said in the summer he thought we had Mata until Chelsea came in for him.....

If this has any credence I would suggest it might be ?ú24M + ?ú16M wages, it has been widely touted that he might be available at around ?ú25M, 4 year deal on ?ú4M a season sounds plausible does it not?

Then the knock on effect might be that Bale and Modric sign new deals on similar money (maybe with ?ú1M Bonuses for being in the CL).

Don't believe it, but would love for it to be true.

Let's be honest, we're not getting Hazard. But if we did, I think 40 mill is fair for him. The guy is supposed to be the real deal, and you can never have enough attacking options, especially with Modric likely to go in the Summer.

I think Levy probably might spend 30m plus for the right player. But this seems a load of nonsense. Maybe because he is an 'up and coming' journo he just wants more twitter followers. In any case he has added 'Bad news for Tottenham fans it seems that the Hazard deal has broken down due to Eden Hazard's high wage demands'. I find it ridiculous tbh.

GuardianWMorgan Will Morgan
Bad news for Tottenham fans it seems that the Hazard deal has broken down due to Eden Hazard's high wage demands. #THFC #CFC #AFC
15 minutes ago

:ross:

Gooner fans seem to think he is signing for them. Wouldn't surprise me if he went there or chelski. Another reason why we need to get the stadium sorted because though I do think Levy would possibly sanction a big deal, we are not in the upper echelons for financial might to go and get the really big name players.

While we arent on the breadline I would be amazed if we had ?ú40m available to spend.

There has been an obvious reluctance to spend on the team at critical points, like when we made the CL we failed to capitalise.

Lots of talk about big bids on players, none I recall as official, but either way none actually pulled off either. If money isnt the issue you can force these things, we clearly werent exactly committed to these supposed offers.

We havent even secured a quality striker (of our own) in the last 4 windows when it has been painfully obvious we need one.

While I agree Levy is willing to spend when he things it will be of benefit to the business, I do not see him spending those amounts of money on an investment when he wont even spend half of that on improving the team to push on performances.

Well we had a confirmed bid for Mata in the summer which was 24m I think.

GuardianWMorgan Will Morgan
Bad news for Tottenham fans it seems that the Hazard deal has broken down due to Eden Hazard's high wage demands. #THFC #CFC #AFC
15 minutes ago

:ross:

The clam who did that original tweet and above has admitted he made it up and its fake.

What is funny is that some scum fans who like people to think they are ITK also repeated the story whilst trying to fob off as info from their own sources. Hate twitter I have to say.

Back