• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Utter rubbish. What I am implying is simply because Harry says something or a story is in the paper, it does not mean it is true, it might be, then again it might not be and it applies to all managers. For instance in December Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager said in an interview he would definitely not be buying a striker in Jan, it was all over the press. Guess what, he signed a striker.

I have heard Harry say thinks that have proved to be untrue and viz-versa. I have read stories in the paper that have proved to be true and others that have proved to be untrue especially transfer rumours. It would be disingenuous for you to twist my words dude

utter rubbish? its there for you to read what you said. as it happens you're the one putting words in my mouth anyway "if it appears in the papers then it must be true?". i wouldnt mind evidence of me saying that. you wont find it obviously cause its not there....i'm also pretty sure i mentioned those were rumours on more than one occasion as well

and i dont even understand what you're trying to say. it appears in the paper so it may or may not be true? obviously. harry and other managers have been known to tell porkies? obviously. what are you trying to say? that it could be either true or false would be the obvious thing but why then disregard simply because harry says it and the papers do?

one thing i will say is that a combination of rumours , harry's confirmation and a lack of club denial strongly points to some authenticity that we put in big bids for players last January.

no sir, you dont get to rubbish tabloids and rumours, as well as Harry, when you like..then change your face mask then use either harry or paper quotes when it suits you

nah nah, now that you've basically used the fact that it appeared in the papers as proof of something being bogus and that harry tells tall tales now again as further reinforced proof of falsehood you're stuck with that Mr Dent. just try not to quote harry or the papers, you'll be fine

Last edited:
I see, thanks

I wonder if those are for players or matter related to the stadium
From what I remember I think a reasonable chunk is related to the building of our lovely new training centre, but someone more knowledgeable would know for sure / in more detail.

I know we have taken out loans, but I don't know what for. I also know that most businesses don't keep money in the bank, they either invest it or pay it out to the owners. We have both long and short term loans, so a decent guess would be short term loans are used to come up with big sums of money when needed and then paid back quite quickly as Tottenham make quite a lot of money.

this.

I know that everything Everton do is on borrowed money. Secured against their television income next season. But then again, they don't buy players.

I know that everything Everton do is on borrowed money. Secured against their television income next season. But then again, they don't buy players.

That does not sound like an intelligent business plan.. what would happen if they went down for next season.

THis transfer window is making me sleepy...

I honestly cannot begin to understand the hole that Everton have dug for themselves. When you look at player sales like Arteta, Lescott and Johnson, they must be up on transfers. They don't spend high wages, they have a decent fan base and a decent enough stadium.

How on earth do you get to the point, without seemingly spending any considerable money in the last few years, that you are paying your players wages through loans secured on FUTURE income?

It's madness, how, how, how are they in that position?

Onuoha has completed his move to QPR.

Chelsea are looking at a busy end of the window with moves in and out still not completed. They're facing a similar situation as we had when Arnesen took over, aging squad needing to rebuilt. Good thing they can't throw as much money at it as usual.

I honestly cannot begin to understand the hole that Everton have dug for themselves. When you look at player sales like Arteta, Lescott and Johnson, they must be up on transfers. They don't spend high wages, they have a decent fan base and a decent enough stadium.

How on earth do you get to the point, without seemingly spending any considerable money in the last few years, that you are paying your players wages through loans secured on FUTURE income?

It's madness, how, how, how are they in that position?

Don't forget they have signed a few players for decentish money (Felliani 15m) (Bilyadinov 10m) (Heitinga 7m) (Baines 4m) (Jagielka 6m) plus a few others so thats 42m already plus their wages arent as low as you think. Its widely suspected that Arteta was on 75/80k a week and took a pay cut at Arsenal.

Also their ticket prices are much lower and often their stadium isnt full, in addition their corporate stuff is nowhere near up to our standard and like it or not a lot of matchday money comes from them.

Then look at their shirt and shirt maker sponsors, they would be lucky to get half of what we are getting in.

Everton's revenues are quite low. The current administration are doing a tinkle poor job. And then they blame "sabotage" when the fans don't bother going to matches anymore.

Don't forget they have signed a few players for decentish money (Felliani 15m) (Bilyadinov 10m) (Heitinga 7m) (Baines 4m) (Jagielka 6m) plus a few others so thats 42m already plus their wages arent as low as you think. Its widely suspected that Arteta was on 75/80k a week and took a pay cut at Arsenal.

Also their ticket prices are much lower and often their stadium isnt full, in addition their corporate stuff is nowhere near up to our standard and like it or not a lot of matchday money comes from them.

Then look at their shirt and shirt maker sponsors, they would be lucky to get half of what we are getting in.

Fair point, but they made ?ú24m on Lescott alone. Add Arteta to that and you're practically there, without any of their other outgoings, so it can't be transfers.

They are being poorly managed, this is a team, afterall, that have designs on increasing their capacity yet struggle to hit current capacity? I'd be pretty upset if I was an Everton fan. If Arteta really was on such high wages, they should have let him go when his stock was higher and reinvested. Easy to say, I know, but their current plight is incredible. How can they possibly improve their squad, and the associated prospect for success and further income, when all future earnings are already being spent just to pay wages? It's madness.

The prospect of Spurs landing West Ham's former England keeper Robert Green on a free transfer in the summer have increased.

Green is out of contract at Upton Park in the summer and he could leave for nothing if he doesn't sign a new deal but the Hammers have put his contract talks on hold until the end of the season.

Back