• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

When Pav knocks one in, it frequently seems to be an important goal. Effin Runabout winner vs. Liverpool. This season's winner vs. Sunderland. Crucial second goal in CL first leg away to Young Boys. One against Inter in CL.

But watching him lollygag about makes me think of an Aston Martin with a moped motor.

He's scored some important goals but he's come on and done feck all far more

[Update 53] the journalist re; outgoings
Who: the journalist
when: 29/01/12
Where: SC

tottenham have recieved loan offer from Lyon for Corluka until end of season. no bids from anyone since roma but bid was way off.
there are offers for players but told problem is 95% of offers are to loan.

[Update 54] Storts re: Butland
Who: Storts
When29/01/12
Where:SC

I hope JJ is right because I'm still being told it's going to be quiet.

One thing, we are definitely looking at Jack Butland from Birmingham in the summer. I know Peanut said that he thinks Krul will be our next 'keeper and I trust his info more than anyone else's so I don't know where this ties in but we want Butland and reckon he's going to be top quality.

Something from SO:

Yes or no answers please. Yes, I know no-one would want to pay ?ú35 million.

If Andy Carroll was available and willing, would you want to sign him.

Yes from me.

and then another poster said:

If the price were right , yes, because he could be a useful backup for Adebayor. His hold up play is very good, he occupies defenders' attention to create space for others and his goal-scoring form will return eventually.

ari gold then said:

David:

If you assign your first six words to Daniel Levy and the rest to Harry, that's where we are at. I've heard something happened this weekend and now Carroll is pushing to go in this window.

Nobody should pay more than ?ú15 million for Carroll now, but then again, not all chairmen are Daniel Levy.

Depending on the ITK, he's either watching a match somewhere in Europe, not watching a match or meeting a player. He could fit all three of those into his day though.

So again no actual transfer gossip just attention seeking freaks making up crap and then writing silly things because they do not want to come out and write that we are after kevin davis. I wish to GHod we could see the ages of some of the posters on this site, i can not understand why some of you are loving this gonad*s that they are writing and the weird crap they are saying, if they actually knew something they would say it not all this cryptic crap.

Your all fools seriouls your all flipping fools.

When Pav knocks one in, it frequently seems to be an important goal. Effin Runabout winner vs. Liverpool. This season's winner vs. Sunderland. Crucial second goal in CL first leg away to Young Boys. One against Inter in CL.

But watching him lollygag about makes me think of an Aston Martin with a moped motor.

Good post. I especially like the use of lollygag.:ross:

Its worth keeping him until we have a replacement otherwise we would only have Defoe and no tall player up front. That goal against Sunderland made it all worth it.

Despite all his faults he's a decent finisher.

Other clubs still seem interested as well despite how lazy and useless he can be for 75% of his games.

I agree, we would need to find a replacement player if we sell him.

He's not really a "tall player up front" at all though, despite being tall he hardly ever wins any headers and his hold up play is much worse than Defoe's.

Hazard asked on Canal+ if there's any chance he'll leave Lille before closure of transfer window on Tuesday: "No. It's impossible."

Now this will get people excited. Eden Hazard asked if he knows which country he'd like to play in next season. His response? "England."

Hazard: "I want to play at a big club, but I don't want to sit on the bench. It needs to be a club that plays good football."

Tom Williams @tomwfootball Hazard mentions Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester sides and Spurs among clubs he could play for. "But nothing's been decided yet."

Christophe Dugarry to Hazard on Canal+: "I bet it's Chelsea." Hazard: "Well, you're free to place your bets."

Load of gonad*s. If Liverturd were interested in selling him then they wouldn't have started him in the FA cup game yesterday.

Why? Makes him cup-tied admittedly but without Suarez and against Manure what were the real options for them? Significantly reduce their cup chances (against their bitterest rivals) to save maybe a million or two in transfer negotiations?

Burnley and Chelsea as well.
People sometimes do not realise just how important that goal against Burnley was...had we lost 3-0 and gone out of the League Cup we would have gone in to meltdown for the remainder of that season and we might still have gone down...Maybe relegation would have been too extreme but take it from someone who was behind that goal in the p***ing rain for 2 hours...I am forever grateful to "Super Pav" in saving me one of the most humiliating nights of watching Spurs and making the 4 hour journey home more pleasant then it would've been!

People sometimes do not realise just how important that goal against Burnley was...had we lost 3-0 and gone out of the League Cup we would have gone in to meltdown for the remainder of that season and we might still have gone down...Maybe relegation would have been too extreme but take it from someone who was behind that goal in the p***ing rain for 2 hours...I am forever grateful to "Super Pav" in saving me one of the most humiliating nights of watching Spurs and making the 4 hour journey home more pleasant then it would've been!

I was one of his biggest fans. There is no doubting he has scored some really important goals. Bear in mind. the guy has actually scored more goals for Spurs than Jurgen Klinsmann.
I really wanted him to come good this season,but it hasnt happened. When he does leave I'll wish him all the best though

Thats crazy. Saudi Sportswashing Machine still picking up ?ú57k a week of his wages though.

I would have though (at least) a championship club would have come in for him.
Alan Smith is one of the most limited footballers I've ever seen. And a dirty fouling clam to boot.
MK Dons is his level.

What's his total wage - 60k? Unbelievable.

Back