• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Good point and it is refreshing to see clubs like Norwich and Swansea having success without spending beyond their means. On the other hand it does make for some dull transfer windows this summer was relatively quiet as well.

Not that 'Arry's word means anything, but coupled with the fact that he said we need/want a big signing before the transfer window opened merely whets our collective appetites. I am not expecting any business done this window, except a few outgoings. Waiting until the summer makes a lot of sense for most targets, but isn't January the best time to buy South American players?

Good point and it is refreshing to see clubs like Norwich and Swansea having success without spending beyond their means. On the other hand it does make for some dull transfer windows this summer was relatively quiet as well.

quite honestly clubs like Norwich and Swansea could do a lot better with a couple more signings of experienced EPL heads. we sure steadied our ship this way a few times before. maybe its financial prudence to ensure that they stay in the EPL, but with their current positions and the way they play I'd think they could be more optimistic at the halfway point.

More importantly - POTL has gone cryptic again

Date: 25th January
ITK: POTL
Player: Unknown
Probability: 1/10
Source/Status: ITK Status
Info: Sunflower

Looks like Gios switch to Villarreal is a ?ú4m permanent transfer.

Levy must really have been kicking himself when Gio rejected that ?ú10m transfer to Udinese last summer, when they were loaded with the money from the sale of Alexis Sanchez.

That would have been one of the deals of the century.

I think he wants samba but we're being our usual slow selves in the transfer window.

it does begs the question? WTF do we do in the entire 30 days, when we pretty much only sign someone in the last minute, didn't we miss out on a signing a few seasons back because the paperwork didn't go through on time?

Looks like Gios switch to Villarreal is a ?ú4m permanent transfer.

Levy must really have been kicking himself when Gio rejected that ?ú10m transfer to Udinese last summer, when they were loaded with the money from the sale of Alexis Sanchez.

That would have been one of the deals of the century.

thats true, but 4 mil is a decent price for him

it does begs the question? WTF do we do in the entire 30 days, when we pretty much only sign someone in the last minute, didn't we miss out on a signing a few seasons back because the paperwork didn't go through on time?[/QUOTE]

Charlie Adam

thank the lord

Or because Gallas will do for this season and our main long term target (after losing out on Cahill) might not be available till the summer (e.g. http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/net...jax-will-sell-jan-vertonghen-in-the-summer-if)

This would be the same Jan Vertonghen that we secretly signed back in November? I personally think that, if Samba was available without Hollywood money, we'd have been in there like a cheeky ****ney in a pie shop sale. As it is, if we don't buy in January, I have a feeling Caulker will come into the squad and the only way any other CB will be arriving is if we ship out TWO of our current squad. I also reckon one of King or Gallas will call time in the summer (or be nudged).

If we don't sign a quality striker, I will be forced to take drastic measures.... I will create the WORST OMT EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF GG!!!

If we don't sign a quality striker, I will be forced to take drastic measures.... I will create the WORST OMT EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF GG!!!

tbh I dont expect a new striker at all this month. Pretty sure Pav will still be here at the end of the window and we need to sell him first before bringing in a new striker.

I expect Gio and Gomes to leave - the only incoming transfer I can see is a goalkeeper to back up Brad and Carlo.

And thats it unfortunately :(

How could you possibly top the last abortion of an OMT?
I just don't see any major signings happening this January. You would think that with Harry's court stuff, they would've sorted out any transfer business beforehand if there was any to be had. Honestly, I can only speculate what's going on behind the scenes. I wish Levy had something up his sleeve, but he's a chairman, not a magician, and given the wages that we can currently offer, we'd need a magician to either convince the player to take a pay-cut or to somehow pull a money out of a hat.

How could you possibly top the last abortion of an OMT?
I just don't see any major signings happening this January. You would think that with Harry's court stuff, they would've sorted out any transfer business beforehand if there was any to be had. Honestly, I can only speculate what's going on behind the scenes. I wish Levy had something up his sleeve, but he's a chairman, not a magician, and given the wages that we can currently offer, we'd need a magician to either convince the player to take a pay-cut or to somehow pull a money out of a hat.

I can make the OMT far worse than you can ever imagine..

Now, can remember back to the VDV signing, Levy called Harry out of the blue, and said, would you be interested in him? Harry said yes, so pretty much all of the transfer dealings are done by Levy and his advisors, Harry probably gives him a shortlist of who he want's and leaves Levy to it. As for the wages, 60k a week max surely sure be enough..

I can make the OMT far worse than you can ever imagine..

Now, can remember back to the VDV signing, Levy called Harry out of the blue, and said, would you be interested in him? Harry said yes, so pretty much all of the transfer dealings are done by Levy and his advisors, Harry probably gives him a shortlist of who he want's and leaves Levy to it. As for the wages, 60k a week max surely sure be enough..

..for a quality striker?

I just see the chairman/board moving cautiously in this inflated market. Perhaps they see some trends over the future and would prefer to buy a striker in a year or two :p
I'm honestly not sure how FFP will affect transfer fees... maybe they're running a 5-10 year simulation of the club in FM and praying that Harry Kane becomes world class!

quite honestly clubs like Norwich and Swansea could do a lot better with a couple more signings of experienced EPL heads. we sure steadied our ship this way a few times before. maybe its financial prudence to ensure that they stay in the EPL, but with their current positions and the way they play I'd think they could be more optimistic at the halfway point.

That is one way of thinking I suppose but I think their first year up they are happy to stay up and then push on in summer also the current palyers have done so well bringing in new faces to replace some of them not sure how that would go over in the dressing room?

I can see this 31 Jan. Levy: A'rry you interested in this Kaka lad? Redknapp: Yes top top player. deal done right under the deadline

Filed under: wishful thinking

Back