• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Watch the replay again, half our side was switched off, the quick free kick caught the team out, not just Jan.

Honestly, I give him & Fazio a bye on the mistakes yesterday, especially later in the game, massive, massive effort against a great team, they must have been knackered mentally & physically at end

I noticed in the Utd game versus Stoke that there seems to be a preordained 'stand in front of the free-kick' guy. Every single time they conceded a free-kick (and there were loads of freekicks - different topic) a player holds up the taking of the freekick just long enough, and backs off just slow enough not to pick up a booking. Even better than that, at least once in the same match a Utd player stood in front of the free kick and then another player walked over and took his place delaying it even longer, neither getting booked.

I'm beginning to buy into the whole Utd tactical fouling theory after that match, and now this!!!

fxNF0EZ.jpg

this has replaced ledley on my desktop..:)

We have to remember that he hasn't signed a new contract yet, and his present one expires in 2016. I think there was some talk about an option that allowed another two years to be added on subject to both parties agreeing, but there's little sign of that option being exercised anytime soon.

If he doesn't sign a new deal, he'll be off this summer, and that's somewhat disheartening, although ultimately not the biggest loss in the world.

It is nice to see Vertonghen's win-at-all-cost attitude. He is always seems to be involved in all the matches, either fouling to stop other teams scoring or provoking others to get carded.:lol:

We have to remember that he hasn't signed a new contract yet, and his present one expires in 2016. I think there was some talk about an option that allowed another two years to be added on subject to both parties agreeing, but there's little sign of that option being exercised anytime soon.

If he doesn't sign a new deal, he'll be off this summer, and that's somewhat disheartening, although ultimately not the biggest loss in the world.

I thought he said he had 3 years remaining on the contract earlier this season?

Cheers - so by that it's 3 years from the end of this season? I remember being rather perplexed with the drama caused by him not signing a further extension at the time - don't often see players with longer than 4 year deals at his age

Cheers - so by that it's 3 years from the end of this season? I remember being rather perplexed with the drama caused by him not signing a further extension at the time - don't often see players with longer than 4 year deals at his age

That's how I read it.

Transfermarkt have him as under contract until 2016 and then a contract option listed as "both parties 2 years". I'm not quite sure how that would work if as Dubai said it's an option where both the club and the player has to agree to the extension for it to kick in. An option where either the club or the player can extend the contract if they want seems more likely to me. But I honestly don't know.

Going by what Vertonghen said and the fact that Levy hasn't panicked yet I'm guessing it's all fine.

That's how I read it.

Transfermarkt have him as under contract until 2016 and then a contract option listed as "both parties 2 years". I'm not quite sure how that would work if as Dubai said it's an option where both the club and the player has to agree to the extension for it to kick in. An option where either the club or the player can extend the contract if they want seems more likely to me. But I honestly don't know.

Going by what Vertonghen said and the fact that Levy hasn't panicked yet I'm guessing it's all fine.

That's where I got 2016 from, in any case.

I thought he had an overall good game today except for that silly foul on Defoe.
But why was his last goal disallowed? WAT?

Agreed and, apart from one mistake which he then recovered, Dier did well as well. Today might actually move Dier above kaboul and Chiriches in the pecking order, even assuming those two stay

I still think he is much better with a player beside him who is in control of positioning the back four.
Thats why he look so much better beside Fazio.

Looked a bit shaky with young Dier alongside him and made a poor lunge to gift Sunderland a FK for their equaliser but still should've finished the day with a brace

@RyanRosenblatt: Jan Vertonghen was called offside while five yards in his own half
B7kQxSmCAAA6I4w.jpg

Back