• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

Not on his own he wasn't but collectively he was part of a side that underachieved but footballers just don't know what accountability is, I wasn't blaming him solely. Is he really that integral to Madrid? He's definitely a player that they could afford to lose.

He's been their player of the season.

Not on his own he wasn't but collectively he was part of a side that underachieved but footballers just don't know what accountability is, I wasn't blaming him solely. Is he really that integral to Madrid? He's definitely a player that they could afford to lose.

I just think he is at a level beyond us, success for us would be scraping into the CL. Modric was at a level deserving of challenging for top honours just like Bale so had no hard feelings with either going. Vertonghen, well he isn't producing to the heights he was last year but nonetheless would slip seamlessly into Barcelona's set up Im sure...

I just think he is at a level beyond us, success for us would be scraping into the CL. Modric was at a level deserving of challenging for top honours just like Bale so had no hard feelings with either going. Vertonghen, well he isn't producing to the heights he was last year but nonetheless would slip seamlessly into Barcelona's set up Im sure...

I don't begrudge players leaving for better things it's just the way they go about it so snidely and like I said they show no accountability.

We currently have four CBs but I'm only confident that Chiriches will be here next season. I sense another high player turnover this summer.

I cant see Dawson wanting to leave and I dont see Sherwood wanting to sell, I feel he would be one of his dressing-room allies, and despite his mistakes at times, he will undoubtedly give you 100% every game, which is what TS is looking for in his players.

Vertonghen - gone
Dawson,Chiriches staying for me
Kaboul stays if our amazing medical team can get him fit constantly.

In - JV replacement (would love Caulker back if at all possible) and a new LB (Ben Davies for me, only because I think we dont have a chance of getting Luke Shaw)

I don't begrudge players leaving for better things it's just the way they go about it so snidely and like I said they show no accountability.

Fair play, I'm not sure there is such an ideal way of going about it really but I know what you mean...

All these players who deserve so much better than little old Spurs...well, if they are that good, why can't they drag us into the Champions League? Vertonghen has made plenty of mistakes and looked f**king ordinary at times. Remember pulling down the Villa players shorts? Continually getting done by a lack of mobility and turning like an oil-tanker.

GHod forbid that Danny Rose or Kyle Naughton made the slip he did today, they'd be getting torn apart,

If you think you are too good for us Jan, then please f**k off. That goes for all of the other wet bags of p1ss that we have signed. Capoue, Chadli, Paulinho - - we may as well have kept Hudd, Carroll and Livermore. I don't care if a player is foreign, Bentaleb is foreign -- but I'd rather give time and support to lads that come through the system or get signed young and grow with the club.

If we're gonna be also-rans (and we are, without hundreds of millions of pounds, that's just the reality) then at least have a group of players and coaches that we can all get behind.

watching the replay of the first goal, vertonghen's lack of any reaction says it all.

watching the replay of the first goal, vertonghen's lack of any reaction says it all.

He put his head to the clouds,what did you want him to do? People react in different ways anyway, doesn't mean he didn't care....

He put his head to the clouds,what did you want him to do? People react in different ways anyway, doesn't mean he didn't care....

i'd have liked him to...

do his goal celebration, but really rip his shirt to reveal the Krypton symbol for hope and accompanying cape before taking off into the upper atmosphere and circumnavigating the globe really very fast until the earths natural spin reverses, then after allowing this negative rotation just enough to revert earth time about 35 seconds i'd like him to return to the game, control the cross field pass and not fall over

he's either super or he isn't

Not defending Jan's general moodiness this season, but a lot of people react to horrific personal errors by trying to get on with it like nothing's happened. It's just a personal thing, and I wouldn't judge him on it. I do it myself: if I **** up, people tell me my eyes generally glaze over and I continue robotically going on with stuff like said error never happened. Well, at least until whoever I ****ed up on behalf of comes over and tears a new strip off me, anyway. It's a natural reaction.

However, he does need to step the f**k up if he wants to leave Spurs with his reputation left intact.

Play him at left back for the rest of the season and then ship him out with the rest of the garbage

I've had some bad words to say about Vertonghen's attitude on here since the turn of the year, but rather than rip into him again and say I want rid actually I don't think it will happen. With the performances he has been putting in this season he will not get a move to one of the 'big clubs'. He is playing ****. In fact if any club offered anything close to the 20mil bracket we should take it as he's not that good really. Or maybe he is not trying hard enough, but either way I wouldn't shed a tear if he was moved on.

All these players who deserve so much better than little old Spurs...well, if they are that good, why can't they drag us into the Champions League? Vertonghen has made plenty of mistakes and looked f**king ordinary at times. Remember pulling down the Villa players shorts? Continually getting done by a lack of mobility and turning like an oil-tanker.

GHod forbid that Danny Rose or Kyle Naughton made the slip he did today, they'd be getting torn apart,

If you think you are too good for us Jan, then please f**k off. That goes for all of the other wet bags of p1ss that we have signed. Capoue, Chadli, Paulinho - - we may as well have kept Hudd, Carroll and Livermore. I don't care if a player is foreign, Bentaleb is foreign -- but I'd rather give time and support to lads that come through the system or get signed young and grow with the club.

If we're gonna be also-rans (and we are, without hundreds of millions of pounds, that's just the reality) then at least have a group of players and coaches that we can all get behind.

Another great post! Tim should print it and hand it to certain players!

Eh. I've held for a while that his departure wouldn't hurt us much, if at all: there's currently a surplus of ball-playing centre-backs plying their trade across Europe, and in any case we have our own ready-made alternative to Verts in Chiriches. So if he wants to leave, get a good price for him and let him go. The money we get for him, we can use to get a younger, fitter version of Kaboul: now that is a type of player I feel we badly need.

The problem with Verts, Daws and Vlad is that they all lack pace. We may need one ball playing CB but not three.

We need a faster, stronger warrior-like CB. Bring in some backbone FFS.

Well, here goes with some spleen-venting frustration…

Jan Vertonghen. You, Sir, are a disgrace. For weeks now you've played with a massive ****ing great mooey on you, c unted others for not doing what you think they should be doing, put in half-arsed performances given the potential you have, started to try and engineer a move 'if we don't get into the CL' whilst not giving 100% to our efforts in trying to, and have generally played with the focus and attention of someone who does not give a s hit. A slip is one thing. A slip after another pathetically unnecessary 'Cryuff turn' and suicidal back-pass is quite another. Yes, players slip, but doing unnecessary turns in acres of space increases the chances of such things. Your focus has been lacking for a few games now. Your desire to fight for improvement both for us and yourself not evident. In fact, let me just be clear. I think you are a ****ing ****! Whilst you are on the pitch in our shirt, you will get my support simply because of that simple fact. But I don't like your ****ty attitude, I don't like your arrogance and I don't like the way you have already set a move away from us in motion whilst contributing directly to us not getting CL football.

Yes yes, i know it's a tad unreasonable, but so what? He can f uck off! I wouldn't rely on help from him when in trouble, that's for sure...

Back