• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

While he gets tackled and bounced off the ball too often for my liking, I do like it that he just shrugs it off and just keeps coming back for more.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

I'd rather stick with Ade and Soldado :)

Joking apart. Vertonghen should walk into the side ahead of Chiriches. And hopefully he doesnt have to play LB again, he is no mug there, but he is 10% better utilised in his natural position, and I think we will see an improvement in Dawson's play too

I think that we've been found out and the opposition would do the same to verts and put the ball in the space behind him... Nullifying verts introduction.

But agree 100,000 % that verts should not play left back. Would rather Chadli there!

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...transfer-rumours-jan-vertonghen#comment_tease

Holy hell WTF!!!

OK OK OK. This could be just journalist BS and I can see every angle here, but the man jetting into Florence has just scared the life outta me. He's twittered "Touchdown Florence" so most of the rumour mills are saying "Fiorentina need a defender and look nailed on for top 4 in Italy, he's obviously off". Yes it wouldn't make much sense to announce it on twitter when the clubs haven't announced anything and yes he does have the weekend off and may fancy a little break in Italy. Still doesn't make me feel any better

Then read this from the official website : http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/janand39s-happy-return-240114/

The defender has been sidelined since a suffering an ankle injury late in our 2-1 win at Fulham on December 4.
Jan played centrally with Younes Kaboul and they were joined by fellow returnees Paulinho and Sandro at Upton Park.
The team won 3-0 thanks to a double from Harry Kane and fine strike from Paulinho.
“I felt fine, I partnered with Younes, we had a strong team and it was just about the perfect game to come back in,” said Jan.
“I need a little more mobility and training but I played 60 minutes and I’m ready. I’m very happy to be out there again, happy to be back with the lads in the dressing room.”
Jan’s imminent return - whether or not he’s fit to face City on Wednesday - plus the return of Paulinho, Sandro and Younes is timed perfectly as we prepare for huge games against City, Hull, Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then our return to Europa League action against Dnipro.
“We’ve won five of the last six, we’re fifth in the table and we want to keep going,” said Jan. “You always need competition for places to progress and everyone wants to play the next game.”

I doubt Vertonghan will want to move now. But he should be fined for causing panic to everyone with his inconsiderate tweet. He should have tweeted more details instead of just tweeting "touchdown Florence".

Exactly, how dare he go on holiday in europe during January. Carribean trips only

I will worry about us losing Vertonghen in the summer, but not now in January.

And when I do worry it won't be a worry about him leaving us for Fiorentina :lol:

Does anyone have a gif/video of this controversial Jan reaction?? I missed it during the game.

Does anyone have a gif/video of this controversial Jan reaction?? I missed it during the game.

No gif, but from what I remember his facial expression was similar to that of Berbatov when others failed to complete basic passes etc.

Awesome... :(

I don't think it's all that bad.

He's showing a lot of frustration, to me he looks like a man who won't stand for this kind of a performance, one way or another he won't spend his career with a team like that. Made longer posts about it in the "defence next season" and ratings thread, but I think his attitude can be turned to something positive.

With Vidic leaving in summer I can see United making a bid to fill the void. If they did I fear he would be off in a shot

Playing alongside Rose and Dawson in this form... it's disappointing for him. But he still needs to lead by example, by which I mean he has made many errors this season himself.

With Vidic leaving in summer I can see United making a bid to fill the void. If they did I fear he would be off in a shot

That's the kind of worry we should be having about Vertonghen. I could see City and United show interest at least, wouldn't be shocked if Mourinho put out feelers, possibly some of the larger clubs on the continent too.

I don't think it's all that bad.

He's showing a lot of frustration, to me he looks like a man who won't stand for this kind of a performance, one way or another he won't spend his career with a team like that. Made longer posts about it in the "defence next season" and ratings thread, but I think his attitude can be turned to something positive.

Thanks BE, I hope you are proved correct.

Miss his him charging forward like he did against man ure/swansea last year,now seems to be getting caught in possession and throwing his toys out of the pram quite often.

Playing alongside Rose and Dawson in this form... it's disappointing for him. But he still needs to lead by example, by which I mean he has made many errors this season himself.

I know I've posted stating I think he is off in summer, but still, I would make him captain for the rest of the season. It could give him a boost, and possibly take some weight off Dawson's shoulders. When Ledley was captain Dawson seemed a far better defender, I just dont know whether the captaincy has affected him or he has just had a complete turn round in form over the last few months

I hope he goes to Barca, rather than another EPL team. Would be a good fit there

Back