• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

he looks really ****ed off...he needs a rest or be restored in the middle...

Wow... probably our most consistent performer who hasn't had a reasonable rest for ages, playing out of position in a team where the player in front of him changes every game.

Give the guy a break...:rolleyes:

Hope the ankle injury isn't serious, but in a way, a few games out could be exactly what he needs going into the busy Christmas period.

Wow... probably our most consistent performer who hasn't had a reasonable rest for ages, playing out of position in a team where the player in front of him changes every game.

Give the guy a break...:rolleyes:

Hope the ankle injury isn't serious, but in a way, a few games out could be exactly what he needs going into the busy Christmas period.

He's a great player, but lets not pretend that he's not been pretty poor for months now. He hasn't been anywhere near our most consistent performer. A rest is certainly what he needs.

He went through a stage last season where he looked like he couldn't be arsed. Also when at LBI think?

The problem is the system, in a perfect world, all fit my back 4 would have been, pre season:

Walker - Kaboul - Jan - BAE

Dawson I love but I can not have heart over head and no one knew Vlad was coming, I would never have carried on with Jan at LB

He's a great player, but lets not pretend that he's not been pretty poor for months now. He hasn't been anywhere near our most consistent performer. A rest is certainly what he needs.

Months? what?

hmmmm he's been very good in the left back role minus the last 2 games.

He was also our best performer against Everton so in reality he's been bad for 3 games.

Months? what?

hmmmm he's been very good in the left back role minus the last 2 games.

His last good game at left back was against Everton.

Amazingly that was only just over a month ago, so many games made it seem like months ago. But yeah, he's been declining with every game. I wonder if it is to do with chopping and changing our left side too.

He hasn't played well for a whole game, or at least most of a game, since October really.

Have any of our players?

He plays every single game, including months now in a position that he does not like and that he is not well suited for.

Have any of our players?

He plays every single game, including months now in a position that he does not like and that he is not well suited for.

I'd say Lloris, Walker and Sandro have been our most consistent players over 90 minutes this season.

His last good game at left back was against Everton.

Amazingly that was only just over a month ago, so many games made it seem like months ago. But yeah, he's been declining with every game. I wonder if it is to do with chopping and changing our left side too.

He played well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and was probably our best performer (check the ratings thread).

He played well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and was probably our best performer (check the ratings thread).

Vertonghen has been getting inflated rating in those thread since he joined.
They are subjective not objective. Most people posts are a list of their favourite players ranked from 8 to 5.

He has never been great at LB but is just capable of doing a job there, should give Naughton some games.

One of the best CBs in the league out of position is ridiculous, we need to shore up the middle a bit I think and give us a good platform down the centre.

Vertonghen has been getting inflated rating in those thread since he joined.
They are subjective not objective. Most people posts are a list of their favourite players ranked from 8 to 5.

I disagree. I believe most people give genuine ratings, with a few being biased for their favourite players

Might be out for up to a month according to paper reports :(

We need Rose back now and thats fast

Might be out for up to a month according to paper reports :(

We need Rose back now and thats fast

Real shame if that's the case. Luckily Vlad has adapted quickly, but with Kaboul's continued injury problems and Rose still not back we're very short at the back with Vertonghen out too.

Back