• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Still can’t believe we signed him and he didn’t end up at Emirates Marketing Project.
Knowing what we do now he just has too much personality for them.

If he did have offers I think he'd look at Odegard at goons, Fernandes at United and the general mess at Chelse and question where he'd fit I'm, here there was a massive creativity and leadership gap to fill. Liverpool don't really have a link man under Klopp either. I guess Saudi Sportswashing Machine may have been an option, but it's in Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Usually when there are rumours we are interested in player that I really want us to sign it never happens - the fax breaks down with 10 minutes left of the window, Levy enters into a protracted but ultimately futile Mexican stand-off, haggling over the odd £150 etc. But for once, unbelievably, the whole thing actually went fairly smoothly and the player ended up at the club.....

I know quite a few people had doubts about Maddison - but I'm really glad everyone is behind him now. With the fans' support, good luck with injuries, and a manager who is willing to back his talent, Maddison can become one of the best players we have ever had at this club. He is certainly the player we have needed for many years now.

Last edited:
He is going to be one of the former players who are Spurs for life, he seems to absolutely love it here.

He is going to be one of the former players who are Spurs for life, he seems to absolutely love it here.
Early signs so promising.
However, if there's a new manager in a few years who doesn't see eye-to-eye with him, or doesn't use him as he might like, we might see a different side to him.

15% apparently, so quid pro quo'ing £10M would have saved Leicester £1.5M. Tidy. Guess there may have been some tax savings too, but I don't know how that works.
I've seen this sell on stuff come up on several transfers, ie x club reduced the fee so they pay y club less.
Frankly, the math doesn't add up for that to be viable!

So Norwich would get 15%. So of 40m that's 6m for Norwich, and 34m to Leicester.
Say the fee was 50m instead. That's 7,5m to Norwich, and 42,5 to Leicester.
Why on earth would they want to lose out on 8,5m to "save" 1,5m?

I've seen this sell on stuff come up on several transfers, ie x club reduced the fee so they pay y club less.
Frankly, the math doesn't add up for that to be viable!

So Norwich would get 15%. So of 40m that's 6m for Norwich, and 34m to Leicester.
Say the fee was 50m instead. That's 7,5m to Norwich, and 42,5 to Leicester.
Why on earth would they want to lose out on 8,5m to "save" 1,5m?
The net cash received is the same but by overvaluing Winks and undervaluing Maddison they get to reduce the liability to Norwich.

We also did something like this with Vorm and Davies for Swansea I think, Vorm came as a 'free' and we probably paid a bit more for Davies and then Swansea didn't have to pay a % to Vorm's previous club.

The net cash received is the same but by overvaluing Winks and undervaluing Maddison they get to reduce the liability to Norwich.

We also did something like this with Vorm and Davies for Swansea I think, Vorm came as a 'free' and we probably paid a bit more for Davies and then Swansea didn't have to pay a % to Vorm's previous club.

No, both players were undervalued, otherwise it wouldn’t work.

Sounds like a man in his element. Confident and aware of his place in the game and his role as a player. Not arrogant about it but not shy about talking about it either. Absolutely articulate in sharing his perceptions.

And the Men In Blazers interviews are always fun. Occasionally irreverent about the game and its trappings but respectfully acknowledging what players have to do to succeed.

He’s got a confidence and roosteriness about him without being a prick. Seems like a strong character too.
He's a bit of a throwback by allowing himself to a have a personality rather than a lot of the robotic media responses most players have become (probably at their clubs behest )

For me we jusst need Gareth Bale to surprise him in training in a gorilla suit to compete his rehabilitation

Back