• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

It's brick. I've been saying for weeks the three players we could least afford to lose are Romero, VdV and Maddison and all three went in 45 mins. F**k me.

I guess something like this was always going to happen albeit the timing of all three together is ridiculous. But we've got to stay behind the team and manager whatever happens and remember that at the start of the season, top 4 was a bit of a pipe dream and top 6 was considered success. We're still well positioned to really have a crack at those aims.

It's a small bump in the road of what will hopefully be a glorious era under Ange. And who knows...the fringe players might just step up.

It's brick. I've been saying for weeks the three players we could least afford to lose are Romero, VdV and Maddison and all three went in 45 mins. F**k me.

I guess something like this was always going to happen albeit the timing of all three together is ridiculous. But we've got to stay behind the team and manager whatever happens and remember that at the start of the season, top 4 was a bit of a pipe dream and top 6 was considered success. We're still well positioned to really have a crack at those aims.

It's a small bump in the road of what will hopefully be a glorious era under Ange. And who knows...the fringe players might just step up.
Very much agreed.

Whatever happens in the coming weeks we'll be fine. These players being absent could cost us points, in several games in the coming weeks. We'll still be fine. We'll still play our way. We can still be proud. It's fine.

It's a bit more than a little bump in the road. We'll be without two of our most important players for probably at least 9 games. That's a quarter of the season!
In addition to those being out, it means other players will have to play every game in the most hectic period, increasing the risk of injuries to those as well.
It's a massive blow, but we'll just have to hope the replacements really step it up a notch or two!

It's a bit more than a little bump in the road. We'll be without two of our most important players for probably at least 9 games. That's a quarter of the season!
In addition to those being out, it means other players will have to play every game in the most hectic period, increasing the risk of injuries to those as well.
It's a massive blow, but we'll just have to hope the replacements really step it up a notch or two!
In terms of this season it’s a massive blow. Longer term, not so much.

fudge sake. Hope Bentancur can stay injury free and step in. A midfield of him, Sarr and Bissouma would not be the worst in the world.

The fallout from the Chelsea game is going to have a big impact on our season, couldn't have been worse

The fallout from the Chelsea game is going to have a big impact on our season, couldn't have been worse

It could also be the true fortification of everything we currently arer as a club. I am curiously excited to see what happens tomorrow at Wolves. I totally hear what you're saying mate, but probably much like yourself, I am so happy we will be going into these matches with a philosophy. If Bentancur and Lo Celso step up, we'll be OK...having Johnson fit and looking sharp again is a massive bonus.

It could also be the true fortification of everything we currently arer as a club. I am curiously excited to see what happens tomorrow at Wolves. I totally hear what you're saying mate, but probably much like yourself, I am so happy we will be going into these matches with a philosophy. If Bentancur and Lo Celso step up, we'll be OK...having Johnson fit and looking sharp again is a massive bonus.

Walker and lennon got their chances because of injuries.

This will be a great chance for Ange to truly find out about our fringe players and decide whether to keep or jettison them.
Nobody can hide now, they are all in the crosshairs for evaluation.
(I've seen people bemoaning the fact that Davinson was sold, but it was right to sell him, we must keep selling and improving and selling and improving. He was not "the answer")

This will be a great chance for Ange to truly find out about our fringe players and decide whether to keep or jettison them.
Nobody can hide now, they are all in the crosshairs for evaluation.
(I've seen people bemoaning the fact that Davinson was sold, but it was right to sell him, we must keep selling and improving and selling and improving. He was not "the answer")

It’s not the sale of Sanchez that was wrong, it was the lack of a replacement that is of a suitable quality.

Walker and lennon got their chances because of injuries.

Gary Mabbutt is the best example. He wasn't even especially brought in from Bristol Rovers for the first team squad. But we had a huge midfield injury crisis in pre-season, so he started the Charity Shield, when nobody in the stadium had a clue who he was. He scored within 10 minutes, then stayed in the team for 16 years. That could be Phillips, Dorrington, Gil or Donely over the next few weeks.

Whoever is missing always seems to be our most important player. Bissouma missed a game and suddenly he was our most important player as nobody else was as press resistant as him and able to get us on the front foot. If Son goes missing it'll be we have nobody who can score. If Vicario goes missing we've a huge drop off there.

Whoever is missing always seems to be our most important player. Bissouma missed a game and suddenly he was our most important player as nobody else was as press resistant as him and able to get us on the front foot. If Son goes missing it'll be we have nobody who can score. If Vicario goes missing we've a huge drop off there.
We have a squad core of 13-15 players that are of a really high quality. The drop off in quality beyond those is big.
What's your point?

Back