• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Walker and lennon got their chances because of injuries.
Just imagine if we'd had put all our eggs in the Wayne Routledge basket.
Who did Walker come in for? Corluka? I'm remember Naughton was the one expected to be top class and Walker was a maybe.

We have a squad core of 13-15 players that are of a really high quality. The drop off in quality beyond those is big.
What's your point?
The point is exactly what I posted, no matter who is out someone is going to claim that he is our most important player.
There's always going to be one or two of those 13-15 missing for a game. Bentancur was our best player last season after Kane.
He's starting back. A midfield three of Bentancur, Sarr, and Bissouma is a really strong midfield so the loss of Maddison, while not ideal, is not a total disaster.
Defence is a concern, especially until Romero is back from suspension. Up to the likes of Dier and Phillips to step up.

I know I'll get ridicule for this (time to test those new reactions), but I'd like to see Skipp in place of Maddison.
His passing is cute and intelligent, he sees things others don't, and given the space to operate in that that role gets, I think he'd open teams up.

We have a squad core of 13-15 players that are of a really high quality. The drop off in quality beyond those is big.
What's your point?

I think the overriding point here is that we are on the cusp of having an amazing squad for several years. Lots of great young players. Some will now have to step up and take their opportunities -or at the very least show they have the qualities- and with the manager and club set up the way it is, this is the perfect moment for them to grow, mature and ultimately succeed. We will still have Vicario, Porro, Sonny, Bentancur, Sarr and Johnson tomorrow as blue-chip/leadership players, Ben Davies, PEH, Royal, and Eric Dier are fantastic stalwarts whose experience will be vital, Gil can be a threat off the bench, Skippy's solid, maybe Veliz can rise, and as for Lo Celso, well if ever there was an opportunity to strut, this is it. Perhaps Philips will be an effortless transition if he has to come on? It's not great to lose Madders, MVDV, Romero and Udogie, but we still have some real talent and -more importantly- a philosophy which is about us!

I know I'll get ridicule for this (time to test those new reactions), but I'd like to see Skipp in place of Maddison.
His passing is cute and intelligent, he sees things others don't, and given the space to operate in that that role gets, I think he'd open teams up.
I love Skipp but not a chance. Bentancur will most likely be the one asked to do the Madders role.

I would prefer Gil or Bentancur there. I don’t see what you do with Skipp. Bentancur’s vision I think is higher, he knows what he’s going to do with the ball as soon as he receives it. If he’s now fully recovered he should start.

Sorry just saw this. Don't mean to be rude but I found this very amusing.

If there is one thing i'd commend Skipp for, it wouldn't be his passing range or execution. He's a meat and two potatoes passer.

Sorry just saw this. Don't mean to be rude but I found this very amusing.

If there is one thing i'd commend Skipp for, it wouldn't be his passing range or execution. He's a meat and two potatoes passer.
He was passing brilliant at Norwich
We haven’t seen that here though for sure

He was passing brilliant at Norwich
We haven’t seen that here though for sure
In the Championship and it was good to a level. He was no playmaker opening teams up. I watched a lot of him, thats not his game and never has been. I remember actually thinking that his game would be improved if he was more proggressive with his passing and quicker with it.

he'd be a fish out of water as a Maddison replacement.

In the Championship and it was good to a level. He was no playmaker opening teams up. I watched a lot of him, thats not his game and never has been. I remember actually thinking that his game would be improved if he was more proggressive with his passing and quicker with it.

he'd be a fish out of water as a Maddison replacement.
Can’t disagree
But he can play
This is a step up though
And we literally have players who actually do that role already not being used which is key

Should be between Lo Celso, Kulusevski or Son to play that position while Maddison is out.

Veliz could replace Son up top if he drops back. Wouldn't be as creative, but would bring the ball forward

Kulusevski should hold the ball up a bit better to bring others into play, but lack of options to replace him out wide.

Lo Celso is probably the best option, but depends if he is going to put the effort in (did today tracking back for that challenge)

Should be between Lo Celso, Kulusevski or Son to play that position while Maddison is out.

Veliz could replace Son up top if he drops back. Wouldn't be as creative, but would bring the ball forward

Kulusevski should hold the ball up a bit better to bring others into play, but lack of options to replace him out wide.

Lo Celso is probably the best option, but depends if he is going to put the effort in (did today tracking back for that challenge)
Not son
His touch isn’t good enough
But agree with the logic
I’d love to see Ange give Donley some minutes at some point

I thought Veliz should have come on for the last 10 minutes. He surely can hold the ball up betee than Son and would have been extra height for set pieces.

I thought Veliz should have come on for the last 10 minutes. He surely can hold the ball up betee than Son and would have been extra height for set pieces.

Is he that much taller than Son? I reckon they are probably about the same.

Son can hold the ball up fine when he wants to, he was just a bit brick today.

So who was it that injured Maddison (assuming it was caused by an opponent)??
No mention of a card for whoever cynically tackled him....Ange needs to make sure he gets protected when he comes back. Red cards for not actually hurting anyone but no cards at all for seriously injuring a player...

So who was it that injured Maddison (assuming it was caused by an opponent)??
No mention of a card for whoever cynically tackled him....Ange needs to make sure he gets protected when he comes back. Red cards for not actually hurting anyone but no cards at all for seriously injuring a player...
It wasn't a foul if I remember correctly he just kind of pulled up in pain after trying dribble with the ball.

Back