• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Re: The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Sky's man of the match is chosen by the article creator - i.e. one man's opinion

If you look at his ratings - he received a mark of 8 (again, given by the same person). I clearly remember the post-game discussion where Jake was hailed as a top performer in that game and voted as MotM on this very forum by the majority of posters - you can always seek out the old Livermore thread if you wish.

Here's an old chalkboard of his passing stats from that game.

334revn.png

His other MotM game was Utd at home (1:3 loss) created numerous opportunities for his team-mates, terrorised their mids (Scholes in particular) in what was a commanding box-to-box midfielder performance. Not bad for a Championship player.

He also had a very good cameo against Swansea at WHL - remember him giving the ball away then chasing down30 yard to win it back and set up Modric for the 3rd

There were a few others, etc.

Last edited:
Re: Selling/loaning Jake Livermore

Everyone's forgotten last season, then? He seemed composed, solid and dependable; hardly 'Championship material'.

So he's struggling. So he's a bit limited technically. Every young player will have a few off-months (especially under a new manager), and I don't recall Wilson Palacios having much technical ability, yet we were sufficiently moved to spend, what, 12 million quid on him.

I'd prefer he be loaned to a side that will play him regularly in January. Perhaps to Norwich or someone. Then, we can make a decision when he comes back in May, when presumably we'll be looking to sell Parker to maximise what revenue we can get from his re-sale.

I don't think I count as everyone. ;

Livermore is currently 7th choice for CM. He's extremely unlikely to see much action and that's before we bring in anyone else this window.

We signed Palacios because he was better than what we had, then sold him when he could no longer get into the team.

How did you count 7?

He's 2nd/3rd choice for his position behind Sandro and competing with Parker

If we count him as a DM he is 3rd choice for that. I would play Vertonghen there ahead of him though and there's at least 6 other midfielders in our squad that I consider to be better than Livermore. What is the big deal anyway? Players come and go and this particular one will never be anything more than on the fringes of our squad.

Sky's man of the match is chosen by the article creator - i.e. one man's opinion

If you look at his ratings - he received a mark of 8 (again, given by the same person). I clearly remember the post-game discussion where Jake was hailed as a top performer in that game and voted as MotM on this very forum by the majority of posters - you can always seek out the old Livermore thread if you wish.

Here's an old chalkboard of his passing stats from that game.

334revn.png

His other MotM game was Utd at home (1:3 loss) created numerous opportunities for his team-mates, terrorised their mids (Scholes in particular) in what was a commanding box-to-box midfielder performance. Not bad for a Championship player.

He also had a very good cameo against Swansea at WHL - remember him giving the ball away then chasing down30 yard to win it back and set up Modric for the 3rd

There were a few others, etc.

Sorry, you hadn't made it clear that you meant people on here thought he was man of the match. I thought that you meant the official one.

What constitutes 'official one' in your opinion?

A journo on Sky picking his 'pick'?

Players come and go and this particular one will never be anything more than on the fringes of our squad.

Where did you obtain your crystal ball? To what degree is it accurate? Would you conisder lending it to me on certain occasions? :-"

Last edited:

Where did you obtain your cristal ball? To what degree is it accurate? Would you conisder lending it to me on certain occasions? :-"

Considering you can't wait to see the back of some of our other players I find this whole thing rather amusing.

Perhaps I'm seeing his worth on what he has done for us as opposed to what he might not do in the future

No point in getting rid of a decent young squad player who is club trained (important for europe) and isn't gonna kick up a fuss if he's not playing.
We should see how long we can keep hold of Sandro and if Parker is happy being second choice before we get rid of him.

People are comparing him to O'Hara but O'Hara thought he was a superstar and demanded a move.

Don't see how you can compare him to O'Hara they are totally different players. I for one think he is a useful player, not flashy but for the most part he puts in a good shift. He may never be a regular starter with the quality we have but he is certainly a good squad option, don't see why we should sell him unless he makes a fuss which doesn't seem his character.

I thought he looked alright when he filled in at right back the couple of times he did it. Would not want him as a regular there but handy cover to have.

Livermore should be a squad player for us - gain experience and status untill another club is willing to pay 5m+ for him.
Then we should sell him and promote the next in line (Luongo, Dombaxe).

Was young player of the season for me last season, ahead of Walker.

Lost is way a little sense then, possibly because of the change in manager, maybe he ranks further behind in AVBs thinking. Noticeable that Huddlestone has played a lot of games where Livermore would have been first choice last season.

But we could do with keeping a young, sound player like Jake if we can. You can have top players like Bale and Dembele in every position but a club in our position cannot expect to hold similar quality in the understudies. Livermore is also fairly versatile, and in that respect offers more than Huddlestone, and possibly even Sandro and Parker.

Was young player of the season for me last season, ahead of Walker.

Lost is way a little sense then, possibly because of the change in manager, maybe he ranks further behind in AVBs thinking. Noticeable that Huddlestone has played a lot of games where Livermore would have been first choice last season.

But we could do with keeping a young, sound player like Jake if we can. You can have top players like Bale and Dembele in every position but a club in our position cannot expect to hold similar quality in the understudies. Livermore is also fairly versatile, and in that respect offers more than Huddlestone, and possibly even Sandro and Parker.

Huddlestone was close to being a first choice starter under Redknapp before his injury, he was clearly ahead of Livermore. Livermore played last season because Hudd was injured for all of it.

Both Hudd and Livermore have been given playing time under AVB both in pre-season and in the season, Hudd seems to have made more of an impact and so has been preferred lately.

would deffo keep him on for a couple of seasons - Enfield lad, proper Spurs fan - imo having people at the club like that is important and i also think he is a decent 4th/5th choice CM with potential to improve

i think we should loan him out to a premier league side and see if he progresses with regular first team football (see kyle walker at aston villa) and then decide from there.

i have a sneaking suspicion that he won't come along like a walker did and be more of an o'hara.

I don't think he needs to "come along" I think he is a decent to good player who is up against other players who are better than him. Just like Hudd. But if he gets a run in the side because of injuries or whatever who knows?
He is a local lad who was out on the pitch like a rottweiler against Swansea so I don't wanna sell him.

I for one would not want to sell Jake. As for the Everton game last season here is link to the Tottenham on My
Mind blog:

http://tottenhamonmymind.wordpress.com/?s=Livermore

Btw, I didn't see what Livermore did when he ran onto the pitch vs Swansea, was there something particular that prompted him? Or was he just sticking up for his teamates?

Sell? Absolutely not. I see him as a taking Parker's spot as DM cover for Sandro in a season or two, when Parker moves on. He's not been great this season but was very good last season for the most part when called on, and he is a young lad who has time on his side. I'd say the lack of regular starts this season is the main reason for his drop off in form. Now that Parker is back I think we should be looking to lend Jake out to another PL team for half a season of first team football (QPR maybe). This approach has helped the Kyles and could work for Jake too.

On top of that he's a Spurs lad who adores the club which is an added bonus for me. I'm sure he'd gladly be a squad player for years just to be playing for the best club in the world.

From wiki...
He scored his first goal for Spurs in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them."; a comment welcomed by many Tottenham fans."

Back