• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

See I don't think. The difference is Carrick is so good positionally that he doesn't have to run around as much as Parker. Parker has been excellent for us, our player of the season in my opinion, but he is also very visual because he is chasing play and diving in. Carrick didn't have to do this, because he had already anticipated where he needed to be to make the interception.

That to me is two different roles.

As much as Gattuso and Pirlo, or Khedira and Alonso play(ed) different roles defensively, even though both could be classified as playing in a defensive midfield position.

Righto. Another strawman

And on that note - I'm out. Your stuborness only rivals that of another poster on here and I'm not prepared to put in the necessary energy this afternoon. Have a nice day, Batman. I'm not going down that road again and have only myself to blame for re-sparking this semi-iditiotic debate again.

How am I being stubborn? I believe O'Hara is a technically more gifted player than Livermore. Just because someone disagrees with you, it doesn't mean they're being stubborn.

You haven't presented me with any new information, other than a few people have said Livermore is better than they gave him credit for. Well he's better than I gave him credit for too - but that doesn't affect my point.

It really isn't my problem if you can't handle someone having differing opinion to you - although I have to say it is rather pathetic.

I presented my point about Livermore's superior passing game and was willing to throw stats in addition to that, which you were quick to discredit to the tune of 'different players' or something similar.

I can handle anythinig up to semi-rational but not that, sorry.

I presented my point about Livermore's superior passing game and was willing to throw stats in addition to that, which you were quick to discredit to the tune of 'different players' or something similar.

I can handle anythinig up to semi-rational but not that, sorry.

Stats only tell half a story, especially passing stats. For example, O'Hara's responsbilities are more attack minded - so he's going to play more ambitious/risky passes. Whereas Livermore keeps it simple. Especially when playing alongside Modric.

You could compare Huddlestone and Jenas' passing stats from back in the day. Because Huddlestone is a better passer, he tries more ambitious passes - whereas Jenas always kept it simple. So Jenas would always have a better completion rate.

Did that mean he was technically a better passer? Nope.

My last comments on this subject

Do yourself a favour sometime and check out his passing range on the chalkboards. You can start with the Everton (home) game and work yourself forward to Tuesday's encounter.

My last comments on this subject

Do yourself a favour sometime and check out his passing range on the chalkboards. You can start with the Everton (home) game and work yourself forward to Tuesday's encounter.

I check out the chalkboards after most games so don't need to, but cheers.

Where do you chalkboard experts get your chalkboards from now that the Guardian have stopped doing them?

They used to work until recently, I'm sure

Someone aslo posted a link from FourFourTwo recentely, iirc

They spotted working sometime in January. Guardian dodnt renew their licence for 2012.
The FourFourTwo stats zone is only available as an iphone app unfortunately.

Stats from the United-Fulham game.

Michael Carrick: Passes: 96/104, 92% completed. 89 received.

Not sure what that proves to be honest. Carrick's recycling of the ball and support play is superb, so I would expect him to receive a lot of touches and complete a lot of short simple passes. Like I said, I am a massive Carrick fan. I don't need anyone to try and convince me of his virtues! I personally think the entire England team should have been built around him for the last 6 years.

Livermore is a far better fit to our team than O'Hara ever was imo. Technical ability O'hara is superior but he doesn't posses the necessary passing range or passing accuracy to get away with being so immobile. Huddlestone to me is vastly overrated on this board but nobody can deny his range of passing (both long and short) somewhat compensate for his immobility but o'hara? his passing was good but somewhat erratic and very hit and miss. no way was his passing good enough to warrant a first team spot, and no way was it good enough to turn a blind eye to his immobility.

Livermore to me is stronger than o'Hara, seems to have better positional sense, more disciplined, good short passing range, and far more athletic than O'hara ever was. Him and Jenas have similar playing styles but luckily Livermore has heart and isn't a pussy.

I fudging hate it when discussions on here revolve around people regurgitating statistics puked up on newspaper columns or internet sites.

Some people need to learn what the game is really about, turn up for a few games and look at what happens on the pitch, rather than through the tunnel vision presented by the TV cameras, or head up your arse analysis paralysis trotted out for the feeble minded by the pundits and commentators.

The adults and reasonably intelligent on here will happily admit that Livermore has exceeded expectations, but only the shallow minded and ignorant will truly believe that he is some sort of golden future of the club.

UKSB - you are bang on the money. Again.

See I don't think. The difference is Carrick is so good positionally that he doesn't have to run around as much as Parker. Parker has been excellent for us, our player of the season in my opinion, but he is also very visual because he is chasing play and diving in. Carrick didn't have to do this, because he had already anticipated where he needed to be to make the interception.

I agree and I think that is one of the reasons why this place was full of people who couldn't see what Carrick's contribution to the team was, until he left.

I think Livermore will be a very good player but I do think he will just be a squad player at Tottenham Hotspur. We need good and very good squad players and he is adept at filling in when required - that fudgein simple.

I think Livermore will be a very good player but I do think he will just be a squad player at Tottenham Hotspur. We need good and very good squad players and he is adept at filling in when required - that fudgein simple.

I've said it before but I still think it is true, if Livermore becomes our John O'Shea he will be a real asset to the club

I've said it before but I still think it is true, if Livermore becomes our John O'Shea he will be a real asset to the club

I was thinking along the lines of Fletcher but yeah Livermore can play in two or three positions. I think thats the problem. People see players as black or white - first team standard or out of THFC. Clubs and squads need players like Livermore.

I was thinking along the lines of Fletcher but yeah Livermore can play in two or three positions. I think thats the problem. People see players as black or white - first team standard or out of THFC. Clubs and squads need players like Livermore.

I agree. He doesn't need to be a world beater to be considered a success. If he develops into a good quality squad player, who can play a number of positions and wants to stay with us, then he will be a real asset to the club.

Racist(s)? :rolleyes:

Back