• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore/Sunday Supplement

Or in this case 2 people (actually more than 2 disagree with you today) who feel you are saying one thing for one player (Defoe) and the opposite for another (Livermore), because honestly Mick, that is EXACTLY how you have come across this evening. No ganging up. Just saying it as it is. Just like you do.

Which is a misrepresentation of what I said, at no time did I eulogise Defoe - I simply commented on YET ANOTHER attempt at belittling a Spurs player, Defoe in particular who is continually made the reason for any number of Spurs failures, and numerous "debates" on how he needs to change his game to be a better player. Its tiresome.

Please show me where I was damning or citical of Livermore? I freely admit to not being one of the myopic crowd who seem insistant on hailing him as the next great Spurs midfielder, because he isn't - just like Defoe will never be as good or as prolific as Gerd Muller. My comment was to another one of Steffs hypocritical posts, slagging people off for not slavering over him, and calling people out for behaviour that he so happily displayed during the witch hunt of Redknapp.

Are you referring to ME as one of the two people?

If so, what a complete load of rubbish! I haven't "ganged up" on you Mick, in fact, you directly chose to try and pick a fight with me by throwing out a whole bunch of aggressive comments and suppositions about my past posts, none of which hold any real weight whatsoever. You went looking for it a couple of times in a couple of different places, and the fact remains that you don't like it coming back at you. Get over yourself and move on, please, for everyone, most of all yourself!

no

what have I got coming back at me Steff? All you have done is to adopt the schoolkid response to insults of throwing the same comments back at me. The only difference is that I'm not guilty of any of the things that I said you are.

You should read that last sentence very carefully mate, and see if any of it could actually apply to you. Just a suggestion. It's your choice!

I havent accepted the responsibility of moderating this board, where I will be expected to rise above the behaviour that people are sanctioned for, or to set an example of posting behaviour that people should aspire to.

You and several others like you behaved in shameful and reprehensible manner during the last few months of HRs tenure, happily passing off opinions as fact, accusing the man of baseless and opinionated crap and conducting and participating in nothing more than a gratuitous witch hunt.

I love you for the passion and support you show for the club I love, but the way you go about it sticks in my throat. I know several people who post on here who feel the same way about you, and your "elevation" to a position of moderator is driving people away from the board.

Henry Winter is a Man Utd fan. He once wrote in one of his columns that his most prized possession is his Man U CL T-shirt from the '99 final and he wouldn't sell it for any amount of money.

i always assumed he was a liverpool fan. ghostwrote both kenny and stevie g's books and always says how great they are and defends the indenfensible when it comes to the scousers

Which is a misrepresentation of what I said, at no time did I eulogise Defoe - I simply commented on YET ANOTHER attempt at belittling a Spurs player, Defoe in particular who is continually made the reason for any number of Spurs failures, and numerous "debates" on how he needs to change his game to be a better player. Its tiresome.

Please show me where I was damning or citical of Livermore? I freely admit to not being one of the myopic crowd who seem insistant on hailing him as the next great Spurs midfielder, because he isn't - just like Defoe will never be as good or as prolific as Gerd Muller. My comment was to another one of Steffs hypocritical posts, slagging people off for not slavering over him, and calling people out for behaviour that he so happily displayed during the witch hunt of Redknapp.

No Mick, no no no. Wrong!
My post was directed at a group of over-paid and over-stuffed journos who had written off a full international cap for Jake Livermore as being cheap and unworthy. THAT was where it was aimed. You actually said you, and I paraphrase, "didn't care" whether I made a comment about journos, yet here you are. As for 'slavering over Livermore' I like him. End of.

Get your FACTS STRAIGHT! I DID NOT wage a 'witching' against Harry Redknapp. My posts were always balanced and fair. I did not like some of his behaviors and I believe they were costly to us as a club and him as a person. I am ALLOWED to say these things Mick.

No Mick, no no no. Wrong!
My post was directed at a group of over-paid and over-stuffed journos who had written off a full international cap for Jake Livermore as being cheap and unworthy. THAT was where it was aimed. You actually said you, and I paraphrase, "didn't care" whether I made a comment about journos, yet here you are. As for 'slavering over Livermore' I like him. End of.

Get your FACTS STRAIGHT! I DID NOT wage a 'witching' against Harry Redknapp. My posts were always balanced and fair. I did not like some of his behaviors and I believe they were costly to us as a club and him as a person. I am ALLOWED to say these things Mick.

In your mind, - its easy to forget.

and to be quite honest, I'm done with it all.

I'm actually beginning to not give a fudge about the club anymore, which saddens me beyond belief.

The club sacks its most successful manager ever (he bought a lot of it on himself, I freely admit) hires a failure to replace him, based on a one hit wonder record of success, and then sells off all the British talent to turn the club into Europop united mark 5

I was dubious of AVB's likelihood of success at Cheatski and I am filled with concern about his chances of success with us (given the gulf in available funds)

I WANT him to prove me wrong, I want him to succeed, but personally, I think he will fail, and we will be in the manager hunt by July 2013.

Oh and by the way, I like Livermore as well. But I would swap him for O'Hara, because we have Sandro and Parker

And I wouldn't be shipping Thudd out on a seasons loan, and keeping Jake.

I really want AVB to prove me wrong...............

In your mind, - its easy to forget.

and to be quite honest, I'm done with it all.

I'm actually beginning to not give a fudge about the club anymore, which saddens me beyond belief.

The club sacks its most successful manager ever (he bought a lot of it on himself, I freely admit) hires a failure to replace him, based on a one hit wonder record of success, and then sells off all the British talent to turn the club into Europop united mark 5

I was dubious of AVB's likelihood of success at Cheatski and I am filled with concern about his chances of success with us (given the gulf in available funds)

I WANT him to prove me wrong, I want him to succeed, but personally, I think he will fail, and we will be in the manager hunt by July 2013.

Oh and by the way, I like Livermore as well. But I would swap him for O'Hara, because we have Sandro and Parker

And I wouldn't be shipping Thudd out on a seasons loan, and keeping Jake.

I really want AVB to prove me wrong...............

At least we can get back to discussing the club we love now mate...with regards to not caring, yes, that's sad but I understand to a degree what you're saying. There's only so many changes any supporter can take before their jets are cooled for a while, and depending on where the passions lie, it happens for us all from time to time.

I'm thinking that your comment about Harry being our most successful manager ever was missing "in the Premiership" (that's what you meant, right?)...without covering old ground, I'll just say that Harry upset me the Jan-May 2011 and absolutely broke my heart between Jan and May this year; broke it.I honestly don't think I will ever be able to get over the Arsenal match (I just don't really think about it). We had the pieces in place, but again, it didn't happen. I will always lament the timing of Crapello/Terry's court case crap, because we will never really know what might've been in that regard.

I am hopeful AVB proves you wrong but only because we'd ALL be happy for sure.

Livermore...I think he's got the perfect mentality for the job he does. My problem with O'Hara was never O'Hara per se, more the fact that he often thought he was Hoddle and Waddle in a Brooke-like frame! I think Livermore could be our Fletcher (as in Utd player) though hopefully without the IBS!

I thought that The Hudd would have a place as he does offer tremendous deep range passing, but I can only assume he is not up to it right now and that the rumor I've heard for a long time about chronic injury management carries some weight.

Time will, indeed, tell...I think we're both agreed that a successful AVB will make a happy Spurs supporter!

Best...
Steff

Back