• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK

I can see us signing Dembele and Berahino this window actually; versatile, proven Premiership goalscorer who can play up front on his own at a stretch and a younger, rough diamond version of Kane himself who also has experience of English football...

Would be a perfect combo - plus, use the one-off opportunities related to the circumstances of both players. And if we sell both Townsend and Fazio, will be almost cost neutral.

Which of Son, Njie, Chadli, Dembele or Lamela would you get rid of to make room for Berahino (if he's in addition to a direct Kane understudy like Dembele)?

Which of Son, Njie, Chadli, Dembele or Lamela would you get rid of to make room for Berahino (if he's in addition to a direct Kane understudy like Dembele)?
Exactly imo Berehino was only an option as an alternative to Lamela .That no longer applies as Lamela has stepped up condsiderably.

I agree that we need cover there. I am just saying that I cannot see the club signing two players on permanent deals to cover it. Regardless of how many players you think that we need there, do you think that it is likely that we will get another two this month?

I doubt we will sign two, but we certainly need one quality player in that position.

Why do we need to get rid of players? The same question was put forward when posters suggested keeping Dembele earlier in the season. If Berahino signs he will play a variety of roles, the lone striker when Kane is rested, wide forward behind or in front of Kane if the that is what Poch thinks is necessary. What he brings unlike our current option is a more clinical finisher.

Why do we need to get rid of players? The same question was put forward when posters suggested keeping Dembele earlier in the season. If Berahino signs he will play a variety of roles, the lone striker when Kane is rested, wide forward behind or in front of Kane if the that is what Poch thinks is necessary. What he brings unlike our current option is a more clinical finisher.

1) Because Poch likes a trim squad and a tight camp - 2 players for every position. So now he's cleared most of the excess, it will very likely be 1 in 1 out in future

2) Wages - we just can't afford to have someone like Berahino on c.£70k sat 4th or 5th in the WF pecking order

1) Because Poch likes a trim squad and a tight camp - 2 players for every position. So now he's cleared most of the excess, it will very likely be 1 in 1 out in future

2) Wages - we just can't afford to have someone like Berahino on c.£70k sat 4th or 5th in the WF pecking order
1) with berahino he will have a second centre forward alongside Kane.
2) he will be bought primarily as a centre forward and every club has at least 2 . Any club competing for top 4 or better certainly needs at least 2 quality centre forwards.

Chadli as he needs to be playing regularly and won't get enough games here unless he massively ups his work ethic

Is it worth spending £15m net then to (arguably/marginally) upgrade our second choice LWF?

Would Berahino's pace and running be worth losing Chadli's height and goals?

Is it worth spending £15m net then to (arguably/marginally) upgrade our second choice LWF?

Would Berahino's pace and running be worth losing Chadli's height and goals?
Berahino has more goals than Chadli, so that leaves the question of height. If there's a direct correlation between wins and LWF height, then I'm with you 100%.

Berahino has more goals than Chadli, so that leaves the question of height. If there's a direct correlation between wins and LWF height, then I'm with you 100%.

Well there must be as their all Giants on the left now. We always play out tallest players there

The next thing will be the physical presence we would lose.

If we were to sell Chadli (which I don't think we will) he would bring in the majority of the cost of berahino

Berahino is a striker and thats why we wanted him. It would be a rotation with Kane and occasionally play along side Kane in games we feel we can get goals.

There's actually not much between them, especially considering Berahino has had some time at CF as well as LWF.

Berahino's stats are: 44 in 129 = 0.34, whereas Chadli's are: 88 in 309 = 0.28

Height is important to the balance, as IIRC Kane and Chadli are the only ones out of all our front 4 options who are over 6'

How does that goal stat look when you work it out by minutes played rather than per game?

How does that goal stat look when you work it out by minutes played rather than per game?

I'm not sure that's important when talking about 6 (Berahino) to 8 (Chadli) year long careers.

That's more something useful to explain why someone's first year stats look a bit unflattering.

I'm not sure that's important when talking about 6 (Berahino) to 8 (Chadli) year long careers.

That's more something useful to explain why someone's first year stats look a bit unflattering.

I think it's quite important when comparing a player who is at the beginning of his career who will possibly have a much higher % of sub appearances with a player who is more established and has a lesser % of sub appearances.

What would be even better is if you compared both players record in the PL rather than include Chadli's numbers from a far weaker Dutch league - of course that might weaken your argument so I guess that's why you done it in the first place along with goals per game rather than goals per minute...

Of course it's a flawed comparison anyway as they have both played different positions to one another for the majority of their games.

Last edited:
Did Ian Rush have big feet? Because as far as I remeber seeing him, almost all of his goals involved a toe poke inside the 6 yard box...

Back