• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK

I think it's quite important when comparing a player who is at the beginning of his career who will possibly have a much higher % of sub appearances with a player who is more established and has a lesser % of sub appearances.

What would be even better is if you compared both players record in the PL rather than include Chadli's numbers from a far weaker Dutch league - of course that might weaken your argument so I guess that's why you done it in the first place along with goals per game rather than goals per minute...

Of course it's a flawed comparison anyway as they have both played different positions to one another for the majority of their games.

There's only 3 years between them age wise, and as I said we're talking an 8 season career vs a 6 season one.

Berahino also spent 3 seasons (half his career) in lower leagues - one each in L2, L1 and championship

I get the feeling you'd argue the sky wasn't blue if it contradicted your agenda

Only 3 years...that's potentially 3 years of 90minutes a game for Chadli which could greatly alter those goal stats you posted.

Last edited:
JJetset: have decided to take a back seat &watch from a distance & maybe there will be some appreciation in future COYS

JJetset: have decided to take a back seat &watch from a distance & maybe there will be some appreciation in future COYS

If he is waiting for appreciation i think it could be quite a wait. More chance of Jeremy Corbyn being Prime Minister!

Chadli as he needs to be playing regularly and won't get enough games here unless he massively ups his work ethic
Absolutely. Chadli has all the tools but he needs to apply himself more. He must see the increased work ethic among the camp and really get on board with it. If he doesn't buy into Poch's philosophy wholeheartedly then someone else will and we'll see him less and less on the pitch.

Absolutely. Chadli has all the tools but he needs to apply himself more. He must see the increased work ethic among the camp and really get on board with it. If he doesn't buy into Poch's philosophy wholeheartedly then someone else will and we'll see him less and less on the pitch.

He is a massively frustrating player as the tools are there but he needs to turn up more

He is physically a specimen but so far hasn't demonstrated that side of his game

He also needs to run more

He is a massively frustrating player as the tools are there but he needs to turn up more

He is physically a specimen but so far hasn't demonstrated that side of his game

Indeed there are two parts to it. The tracking back side of things is one thing, and using his physical attributes to his advantage more is another. He's a good player and must see an opportunity to stake a claim for a first team spot again with Eriksen a little off form. Hopefully he sees this as motivation enough.

Just to keep the thread on topic - JJetset you knobhead.

This, alas, i don't think will change. It's a nature thing, not something you (or any coach) can change.

Similar physique to Ronaldo and Anautovic but those players really know the advantage to be gained by bullying when they can.

He can run more but not in a meaningful way.....just because he's been told to.

Chadli is a good player....but will have to keep firing the goals or delivering great crosses (which he can do) to even be considered a starter.

There's actually not much between them, especially considering Berahino has had some time at CF as well as LWF.

Berahino's stats are: 44 in 129 = 0.34, whereas Chadli's are: 88 in 309 = 0.28

Height is important to the balance, as IIRC Kane and Chadli are the only ones out of all our front 4 options who are over 6'
Surely it's not height that matters but the ability to win the ball in the air.... and from what I have seen of Chadli he isn't particularly strong in the air...

Or have I misunderstood and and you are just worried that we won't have anybody left who is tall enough to hang the nets on the goal posts?

Indeed there are two parts to it. The tracking back side of things is one thing, and using his physical attributes to his advantage more is another. He's a good player and must see an opportunity to stake a claim for a first team spot again with Eriksen a little off form. Hopefully he sees this as motivation enough.

Just to keep the thread on topic - JJetset you knobhead.

Why be so kind to him.

This, alas, i don't think will change. It's a nature thing, not something you (or any coach) can change.

Similar physique to Ronaldo and Anautovic but those players really know the advantage to be gained by bullying when they can.

He can run more but not in a meaningful way.....just because he's been told to.

Chadli is a good player....but will have to keep firing the goals or delivering great crosses (which he can do) to even be considered a starter.

Stephen Hawking's puts himself about more than Chadli

The guy has the talent but doesn't have either aptitude or effort to achieve what he could

ITK.

IDK, SFA, MIA, DOA and GTF.

Clearly, the club leaks have well and truly been plugged. And Spurs fans are all the better for it.

Why not just rename this thread as Speculative Chit-Chat?

ITK.

IDK, SFA, MIA, DOA and GTF.

Clearly, the club leaks have well and truly been plugged. And Spurs fans are all the better for it.

Why not just rename this thread as Speculative Chit-Chat?

Well i have never seen an ITK get anything remotely correct so all this "leaking" business is a myth imo.

Well i have never seen an ITK get anything remotely correct so all this "leaking" business is a myth imo.

That's just wrong. People do get snippets of information sometimes, there are several people on here who have received and shared information in the past.

You also sometimes get the out of the blue ITK of a fan having a discussion with a player at an airport or wherever.

You just need to put this in context by remembering that 99.9% of it is noise and a lot of people pretend to have info in order to get attention.

Back