• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Euros most likely. It's what most transfer fees are in now, especially with European clubs

Ossie is employed as one of the club's two overseas ambassadors (Ossie does N & S America, Mabbutt Africa and Asia)

You'd also expect there to be some personal relationship between the Argentines on our payroll

erik_mauricio_ossie730.jpg

I believe that he's been a visitor to the training ground a few times since Poch became manager

Inter are signing Perisic today though, I thought it was a case of him or Lamela.

fantastic player is Perisic. On another level to Lamela so I dont blame them if they chose him from the two

Andrew SmithSan Diego Tottenham Hotspur Supporters

"Good evening guys.

As you may have noticed from my profile I live in Gateshead. I've been to a sportmans dinner this evening which was arranged through Dunston UTS (they won the FA Vase a couple of years ago). One of the gusts was Ossie Ardiles! I've had a bit of crack with Ossie and asked him about Lamela. He's told me this evening that Lamela is a done deal to Inter for 20 Million! At that point he wiped his brow and said "Phew". i was quite surprised as he always bigged Lamela up when i've heard him speak about him.

I'm not claiming to be ITK but if someone like Ossie tells you something you believe him!

I do have photographic evidence of being with him this evening."

I must say this sounds so implausible that Ossie would openly a) tell a random fan about an upcoming deal and b) be so condescending about someone he has bigged up so much in the past. Either this poster is a WUM or Ossie is not a very good ambassador (to openly diss one of our playes at a place like that)!

I must say this sounds so implausible that Ossie would openly a) tell a random fan about an upcoming deal and b) be so condescending about someone he has bigged up so much in the past. Either this poster is a WUM or Ossie is not a very good ambassador (to openly diss one of our playes at a place like that)!

I think the former rather than the latter. I've met Ossie a few times and has never offered so much as a snippet of information. The only information that he did have was the mood of the squad and obviously his opinion of players that we had which was always very positive. Exactly what you would expect from an ambassador.

I think the former rather than the latter. I've met Ossie a few times and has never offered so much as a snippet of information. The only information that he did have was the mood of the squad and obviously his opinion of players that we had which was always very positive. Exactly what you would expect from an ambassador.

Was he on the champers???

I've met him quite A few times too and he is a different bloke when he is drunk

He says a lot of stuff he shouldnt when drunk but is the complete opposite when sober

Was he on the champers???

I've met him quite A few times too and he is a different bloke when he is drunk

He says a lot of stuff he shouldnt when drunk but is the complete opposite when sober

Well one of the times we were playing golf so he was sober. The other time he was merry rather than drunk. Mabbut is the complete professional as you would expect as is Perryman. Graham Roberts is the one that shattered all of my illusions. They say you should never meet your heroes, which although I don't agree with as a general rule, is completely the case with him.

Well one of the times we were playing golf so he was sober. The other time he was merry rather than drunk. Mabbut is the complete professional as you would expect as is Perryman. Graham Roberts is the one that shattered all of my illusions. They say you should never meet your heroes, which although I don't agree with as a general rule, is completely the case with him.

What did Robbo do / say?

Mabbs is a gent

Never met Roberts

I've been fortunate to meet loads of ex players and most have been sound apart from sheringham

Ossie and Poch are close - they usually meet up pre-game and discuss the starting XI/tactics - I know this because I was in VIP area last season and spoke to Paul Miller who already knew the team (at about 2 hrs pre KO) because he'd just bumped into Ossie.

Therefore it wouldn't surprise me if Ossie was privy to this sort of information and that if he'd been on the champers he may have been more likely to share such info.

Also makes sense that Lamela was selected in the 18 yesterday but not used; he is usually a Poch option yet Pritchard was put on before him.

BEN: very unlikley signing another striker i am told
maybe another midfielder
poch sees nijie as somone through the middle and if kane out son striker up top

Worth noting, BEN said we wouldn't sign Son.

Some people seem to think he's an online mouthpiece for the club, so could be a tree dwelling smokescreen for all we know... or not.

Poch said we were going to sign a striker........i expect a striker

To be honest, I'd rather not share the story in too much detail, but he was arrogant, rude, and just made me feel like he had no affection for the club at all or his former team mates.

I have the same opinion of Roberts who I have met a couple of times., loved him as a player but he is a gobby loudmouth.

Having had a fair bit of experienxe in Latin America I have one life rule that has served me well...... Never trust an argentian! Don't trust them with business, around your missus or maybe even as a club ambassador perhaps!

Before the PC phalanx come over all strong of course I am being a little tongue in cheek but I do have to say as generalisations go, it stands firm.

Having never met him nor knowing the guy who said it, I could easily believe someone like Ossie could talk out of turn. This opinion has nothing to do with eng v Arg rivalry either just through the experience of how much hard work they all seem to be!

Having had a fair bit of experienxe in Latin America I have one life rule that has served me well...... Never trust an argentian! Don't trust them with business, around your missus or maybe even as a club ambassador perhaps!

Before the PC phalanx come over all strong of course I am being a little tongue in cheek but I do have to say as generalisations go, it stands firm.

Having never met him nor knowing the guy who said it, I could easily believe someone like Ossie could talk out of turn. This opinion has nothing to do with eng v Arg rivalry either just through the experience of how much hard work they all seem to be!

I would say that a generalisations go it is like any generalisation about a race or country...ridiculous! I'd hazard a guess that there are just as many affairs that occur in this country than in Argentina.

But,back to football and the point at hand. I can only go on what little contact I have had with Ossie. It is absolutely conceivable that he has divulged information, but I think our club is quite good at weeding out the loose lips and would take a pretty dim view of it.

Back