• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

i think you have to allow people to vent. Many people see the good things that Levy has done what with the training ground and hopefully now with the stadium, but he is not a perfect human being and he has made mistakes during his reign too. Some of his managerial choices have been wrong, managers have complained about not getting key players they wanted, its frustrating to everyone how many deals are left to the last minute of a transfer window.

Levy is very well paid at Spurs, he owns enough shares to handsomely profit when ENIC decide to walk away, i really think any criticisms levelled at him from fans on the internet dont bother him at all. He does things his own way, he knows the truth about all the deals in and out, so he simply gets on with his job. This is a forum, like many others where its easy for fans to have a go. It is harmless anyway, just genuine frustration, and Levy is an easy target but like i said i think he is able to handle it.

I do not disagree with a lot of that, of course he is not perfect ( never met anyone who is) and of course he has made mistakes ( again I have never met anyone who has not, in any field). And I agree if he has any sense ( and I am sure he has) he probably does not care what a FEW moaning fans who always have to blame someone for everything say about him.

Its usually the same fans who no matter what he does he is always to blame, its like listening to a broken record. You right he sacks too many managers but so do most teams and I have always said that unless we give a manager more then a couple of years we will forever ride the bloody roundabout in circles. I hope he has come to that conclusion and by the looks of it he is willing to give Poch time to build something.

But guess what, if Poch does not get us any progress this season the same fans who slag Levy off will be screaming for Pochs head, we never learn.

To be fair though, the only harsh sacking in my view was Jol. That's the only one that did not feel justified. All of the others, I don't think Levy probably had any other realistic option but to sack them all, at the time they got sacked.

What?. If Poch doesn't do well, it's because of the preponderance of Stamboulis thrown at him by the man who must never be criticized, lest we all be turned to pillars of salt or something.

The same people who slag Levy off, calling for Poch's head? That makes absolutely no sense.

Same disingenuous bullcrap spouted by the same zealots who insist that our leader is an immortal who can never do any wrong whatsoever.

i think you have to allow people to vent. Many people see the good things that Levy has done what with the training ground and hopefully now with the stadium, but he is not a perfect human being and he has made mistakes during his reign too. Some of his managerial choices have been wrong, managers have complained about not getting key players they wanted, its frustrating to everyone how many deals are left to the last minute of a transfer window.

Levy is very well paid at Spurs, he owns enough shares to handsomely profit when ENIC decide to walk away, i really think any criticisms levelled at him from fans on the internet dont bother him at all. He does things his own way, he knows the truth about all the deals in and out, so he simply gets on with his job. This is a forum, like many others where its easy for fans to have a go. It is harmless anyway, just genuine frustration, and Levy is an easy target but like i said i think he is able to handle it.

Nothing wrong with balanced criticism but there are a vocal minority who just repeat the same crap over and over again and have no interest in listening to reason.

There is a month to go of the window. Let's see where we are at the end of that before we press the panic button.

Same disingenuous bullcrap spouted by the same zealots who insist that our leader is an immortal who can never do any wrong whatsoever.

I cannot think of a single poster on this board who thinks that Levy has never made a mistake.

I cannot think of a single poster on this board who thinks that Levy has never made a mistake.

I cannot think of a single poster on this board who both dislikes Levy's actions and wants Poch sacked if he ends up underperforming. Yet park claims that these people exist, so obviously said zealots must exist as well, no?

I cannot think of a single poster on this board who both dislikes Levy's actions and wants Poch sacked if he ends up underperforming. Yet park claims that these people exist, so obviously said zealots must exist as well, no?

I think that he was speculating on what might happen if we have bad results this season.

I think that he was speculating on what might happen if we have bad results this season.

Trying to make a cheap, ill-thought out point that has absolutely no logical basis behind it, more like.

You cannot both criticize Levy for not backing his man and want that man sacked for not delivering results using the brick-on-a-stick that Levy (generally) provides. It's illogical.

Trying to make a cheap, ill-thought out point that has absolutely no logical basis behind it, more like.

You cannot both criticize Levy for not backing his man and want that man sacked for not delivering results using the ****-on-a-stick that Levy (generally) provides. It's illogical.

Please wind your neck in DS. There is no need to be this hostile constantly.

Please wind your neck in DS. There is no need to be this hostile constantly.

I take offence at that assertion: by my standards I've been eminently sociable these past few months, restricting myself to fluff posts about Wimmer playing FIFA and stuff like that. Admittedly I'm a bit moody at present because I had to watch Arse lifting the Community Shield and grin as I was taunted about our inability to do the same for nigh-on two decades... but I generally make efforts to get along with people here, even if I disagree with what they have to say. To the extent of voluntarily limiting my posts about our chairman and transfer policy.

But a cheap point, poorly made...is a cheap point, poorly made. No sense trying to beat about the bush in those circumstances.

I take offence at that assertion: by my standards I've been eminently sociable these past few months, restricting myself to fluff posts about Wimmer playing FIFA and stuff like that. Admittedly I'm a bit moody at present because I had to watch Arse lifting the Community Shield and grin as I was taunted about our inability to do the same for nigh-on two decades... but I generally make efforts to get along with people here, even if I disagree with what they have to say. To the extent of voluntarily limiting my posts about our chairman and transfer policy.

But a cheap point, poorly made...is a cheap point, poorly made. No sense trying to beat about the bush in those circumstances.

I hope for your sake they never win a real trophy, you'll be inconsolable ;-)

I hope for your sake they never win a real trophy, you'll be inconsolable ;-)

In 2004, I was mostly considered a happy-go-lucky sort of kid. Then I watched them win the league at the Lane along with my d*ckhead gooner mates. After that, I subsequently took up second-wave Scandinavian black metal and became an utterly unsociable b*stard of a teenager for most of my early high school days, before finally becoming an easy-going chap again in 2006. Around the same time they lost the CL final.

To this day, I wonder if those events were just coincidental or actually connected in some way, on some subconscious level. If they are, then GHod help me once they win their next title: I might end up a fully-fledged baby-eating Satanist. :p

What?. If Poch doesn't do well, it's because of the preponderance of Stamboulis thrown at him by the man who must never be criticized, lest we all be turned to pillars of salt or something.

The same people who slag Levy off, calling for Poch's head? That makes absolutely no sense.

I think the Stambouli signing made quite a lot of sense.

We had (and have) some very talented youngsters. We struggled for cover and experience + quite a few of our players were in the "much of a muchness" category in central midfield. When we couldn't get Schneiderlin, or at least couldn't get him for a fee we were willing to pay, I think we moved on to trusting our youngsters. Bentaleb performed brilliantly (imo), along with his lack of injuries largely negated the need for a covering player. However when he was missing for the ACN Stambouli covered well, something both Capoue and the frequently injured Sandro most likely would have struggled to do.

Had Bentaleb been out injured more often, or if his progress and consistency been downright remarkable for a 19 year old central/deep midfielder we could have seen Stambouli play quite a bit more. We helped develop further one of our very talented players in Bentaleb and had cover available. A year later Stambouli is moved on for a small profit having been deemed not quite good enough for us long term and quite possibly himself resigned to not being able to displace Bentaleb.

As a backup solution after our (speculated) first choice midfield target wasn't brought in he did perfectly fine. We've made several much worse signings when Levy has trusted the manager/footballing men (DoF/head coach) all the way and spent big on big targets. For examples see most of our record signings...

Stambouli type deals will never be the main difference maker long term, but solid business with signings like this can be important.

Indeed, but it seems that not all of us read all the posts before they jump in and put their big feet into their big mouths.

@parklane1 : I read your post quite thoroughly, including the relevant bits about Levy and mistakes. At the end, I disregarded everything in it, the same way you seem to mostly ignore the actual content of most relevant posts and steadfastly cling to your 'broken record' rubbish when hastily rushing to endlessly berate the people who do hold differing opinions of the chairman. If you can misrepresent criticism of Levy as wanting Poch out as well, I can damn well misrepresent you as being a mechanical zealot who hero-worships Levy to the point of mania.

ali z: Min of 2 wf/f plus dm maybe one more later. one of wf will be able to play up top.
Lennons a goner only reason he has not gone yet clubs know he is a risk for few reasons i can't mention, Townsend could go for a big offer.

Back