• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Remember 99.9% of the hype came from the internet and on forums like this!
Largely self inflicted this disappointment.

Spot on, the problem is that some fans believe all the hype they read and hear and when it turns out to be just that ( hype) they start foaming at the mouth.

Well, we have a history of making a lot of signings on deadline day, and we desperately need at least one striker, so there's a reason for the hype, in my opinion.

We. Don't. Desperately. Need. A striker.

Would be nice to have one more, but we'll be fine. Come January we can always get someone, if we don't see goals from the current squad.

Would be nice to have one more, but we'll be fine. Come January we can always get someone, if we don't see goals from the current squad.

Eh? Where does this misplaced confidence come from? January 2009, which was the last time we actually made solid additions to the squad mid-season?

Id argue that was the last time we needed solid additions in the Jan window ;)

eA3Rq2w.gif

Bhahahahhahahahahahabababbahabahhabahababaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

That was a good one :)

Right, sod this, I'm off outside to feed myself into my lawnmower.

Feckity Feckles, come on man, put the ink cartridge in the fax machine and get on with it.

Who knows! After Berahino's tweet, it may be realistic!

Unlikely, but if that's the case, agree the deal now and gives us, West Brom and Saido an out: Saido gets to retract his statement (and play until January), West Brom can say that they held on to him in the window like they said they'd do, and we get to relax in the knowledge that he's ours come January. For a lower fee than what's currently being quoted, of course.

But announce it. I don't trust Levy to do this sort of thing behind the scenes at all. So announce it, if we are going down that route.

So you don't think " solid signings" in any of the last 5 January's would have helped us achieve CL ?

You can't be serious surely?

It was just a little red flag waving at Dubai tbf however...

Needing signings and whether it's possible that new signings would give you a boost, are two seperate things.

I can't recall off the top of my head a particular January where i thought we were desperately short of quality in certain positions, maybe AVBs first season when Adebayor was AWOL, leaving us short up front as the only real contender

Unlikely, but if that's the case, agree the deal now and gives us, West Brom and Saido an out: Saido gets to retract his statement (and play until January), West Brom can say that they held on to him in the window like they said they'd do, and we get to relax in the knowledge that he's ours come January. For a lower fee than what's currently being quoted, of course.

But announce it. I don't trust Levy to do this sort of thing behind the scenes at all. So announce it, if we are going down that route.

It will require Peace to play ball. 30 mins left. Whoop whoop! We can then get back to arguing over how much of a success/failure the transfer window has been, how good/brick Levy is, whether stats will change the world, whether Lamela is brick or not and if Kane can be the superhero that we all want him to be.

Back