• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Changed your mind yet?

We were bloody impressive today, the effort all the lads put in was amazing, for sheer effort this is on a level with the 91 cup final for me, no complaints at all, thought Dembele looked a lot more mobile as well, what shall we spend the MS money on?

We were bloody impressive today, the effort all the lads put in was amazing, for sheer effort this is on a level with the 91 cup final for me, no complaints at all, thought Dembele looked a lot more mobile as well, what shall we spend the MS money on?

On MS. One result does not change a long term strategy. This guy would still be a crucial buy along with a striker to help out Kane.

On MS. One result does not change a long term strategy. This guy would still be a crucial buy along with a striker to help out Kane.

Also young players can be inconsistent, I rate MS so would like him he would also hit the ground running and fit straight in.

Also young players can be inconsistent, I rate MS so would like him he would also hit the ground running and fit straight in.

In my view, we have higher priorities for our limited cash that buying another CM. I would put a new CB, a new CF and a new attacker/forward/winger type (to replace Lennon and/or Townsend) as more important than a CM.

In midfield, I would recall Caroll (if poss), flog Paulinho and Capoue and then use NB, RM, MD, BS and TC for the 2 CM spots for the rest of the season, then re-assess in the summer

In my view, we have higher priorities for our limited cash that buying another CM. I would put a new CB, a new CF and a new attacker/forward/winger type (to replace Lennon and/or Townsend) as more important than a CM.

In midfield, I would recall Caroll (if poss), flog Paulinho and Capoue and then use NB, RM, MD, BS and TC for the 2 CM spots for the rest of the season, then re-assess in the summer

I agree about the priorities.

I'd be tempted though to try that Rabiot on loan as our 4th CM though, rather than Carroll (better for him to be on loan at the moment) and Dembele (not really a Poch type CM)

I would also still lover for us to sign Schneiderlin. Bentaleb and Mason will continue to be a bit inconsistent and they're too far ahead of the rest of our central midfield options, particularly on the ball.

But whilst Schneiderlin was and probably still is a target, the class shown by Bentaleb and Mason does give us other options than paying through the nose for Schneiderlin. People keep saying that he's Poch's number one target, but we have no idea if Poch thinks he's worth the reported £25m-ish we would probably have to pay.

With Mason picking up niggling injuries and now Bentileb off to the African nations we need MS. akin to when we needed that extra push to get into Champions League and Harry got Saha and that New Zealand fella. :p

Sell Capoue, Ade, Lennon to help pay for him. 8m + 5m + 7m = 20m

I think a centre mid is our urgent position. It's the main position that can improve our first 11. A centre back, striker and winger would be amazing too presuming we can get rid of a good 8 players. But that's a lot of business.

I think a centre mid is our urgent position. It's the main position that can improve our first 11. A centre back, striker and winger would be amazing too presuming we can get rid of a good 8 players. But that's a lot of business.

Right wing .. it's the only place we don't have a first choice right now

With Mason picking up niggling injuries and now Bentileb off to the African nations we need MS. akin to when we needed that extra push to get into Champions League and Harry got Saha and that New Zealand fella. :p

Sell Capoue, Ade, Lennon to help pay for him. 8m + 5m + 7m = 20m

There can never be just one target. Particularly one that will at best be very expensive and coveted by other clubs our size or bigger than us.

Right wing .. it's the only place we don't have a first choice right now

Lamela is our first choice there. He has the 4th most minutes of any of our players in the league this season. He starts just about every game unless he's been injured or rotated because of a congested fixture list and is (imo) settling in nicely.

Although we have Lamela, Townsend and Lennon for the right, and only Chadli for the left.

agreed, but two things

- Assuming Poch is playing Kane up front, with left & right contributing with goals, Chadli covers left now
- Lamela, Townsend & Lennon, none are really owning that position, and only maybe Lamela has the potential to really add 10 goals a season

I rather we go for a first choice that worry about cover right now

- Right wing forward could potentially be a walk in first team player, as well as (on the point of cover) provide some cover as a outright striker option

One of the wide forwards could be a more creative type, like Lallana for Southampton. From Chadli you'd primarily expect goals, but Lamela can provide more assists (setting up Kane and Chadli or others in goalscoring positions).

One of the wide forwards could be a more creative type, like Lallana for Southampton. From Chadli you'd primarily expect goals, but Lamela can provide more assists (setting up Kane and Chadli or others in goalscoring positions).

agreed, but do you see Lamela owning that position? to me Poch has played him out of a combination of not believing we have anyone better, and trying to give him the best chance to return some of our investment.

but if you look back at everyone on this board's opinions pre Chel53a game, if both were fit, a lot of people would have given Lennon the nod.

My view, we have 3 players now there, honestly never see Townsend holding down that spot, I'd sell. Lennon to me as good a #2 choice for the spot as we are likely to get, play him in cup games, play him when you are looking for a little bit more defensively, last 25 minutes against tired legs.

Poch must know by now if Lamela is really going to make that step up, if there is any doubt, we need a player there now.

agreed, but do you see Lamela owning that position? to me Poch has played him out of a combination of not believing we have anyone better, and trying to give him the best chance to return some of our investment.

but if you look back at everyone on this board's opinions pre Chel53a game, if both were fit, a lot of people would have given Lennon the nod.

My view, we have 3 players now there, honestly never see Townsend holding down that spot, I'd sell. Lennon to me as good a #2 choice for the spot as we are likely to get, play him in cup games, play him when you are looking for a little bit more defensively, last 25 minutes against tired legs.

Poch must know by now if Lamela is really going to make that step up, if there is any doubt, we need a player there now.

Any reason at all to think Poch doesn't believe Lamela will step up?

Any reason at all to think Poch doesn't believe Lamela will step up?

Performances? I can see the talent, but he still seems so far away from that 90 minutes of dependable impact (of the right kind) on the game.

We have to be careful we don't sacrifice the team on the hope that Lamela comes good.

Hence, in my opinion, if a decent right wing option is available in January, we should go for it.

Performances? I can see the talent, but he still seems so far away from that 90 minutes of dependable impact (of the right kind) on the game.

We have to be careful we don't sacrifice the team on the hope that Lamela comes good.

Hence, in my opinion, if a decent right wing option is available in January, we should go for it.

Obviously I don't think that his performances have been as bad as some think.

But more to the point, Poch has dropped every single player that has been under performing over time. He hasn't dropped Lamela. He has been patient with some players, rightly so imo, but he hasn't shown signs of sacrificing the team for a player. He seems to genuinely rate Lamela's ability and potential.

Decent? We have plenty decent players for that position. If we want to bring in real competition for Lamela (I don't think Townsend is it, although I realize others will disagree) I think we have to do better than decent. Shaqiri perhaps. I see Mirallas mentioned elsewhere.

Obviously I don't think that his performances have been as bad as some think.

But more to the point, Poch has dropped every single player that has been under performing over time. He hasn't dropped Lamela. He has been patient with some players, rightly so imo, but he hasn't shown signs of sacrificing the team for a player. He seems to genuinely rate Lamela's ability and potential.

Decent? We have plenty decent players for that position. If we want to bring in real competition for Lamela (I don't think Townsend is it, although I realize others will disagree) I think we have to do better than decent. Shaqiri perhaps. I see Mirallas mentioned elsewhere.

Both notoriously inconsistent.

Back