• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

storts on ings: Likely to go to Southampton in the summer, we're monitoring as we do with all young players

I would have Moreno in the first team ahead of Vertonghen. I think Vertonghen has gone downhill, he seems to want to rugby tackle the opposition players, with his arms everywhere. I don't know what's happened but he seems less in control than he used to be.

Really? Midfield is a pretty important area that needs strengthening with someone like Schneiderlin. Very short sighted if we don't at least bid for him. Letting him go so easily to the scum would break my heart.

I would agree and go further IMO midfield is more important with the relative emergence of Fazio and Kane. We really could do with a more complete midfield presence. Schneiderling sends a message of intent from Levy and Spurs: we mean business!

I want us to go all out for Schneiderlin. I think he would be a key component in our team and is the player that Poch wants. If that means that we have to break our transfer record, then break it! The record has to fall at some point and at least we know that Schneiderlin is good in the Premier League!

Daft idea. If you want a midfielder, sign a midfielder. Plus it would hamper Bentaleb

We've only got 3 suitable CMs (NB, RM, BS) and 3 suitable CBs (JV, FF, ED). Moreno could just make up the 4th of both (not necessarily in 4th place), until we move for a Schneiderlin or Cabeye in the summer.

I want us to go all out for Schneiderlin. I think he would be a key component in our team and is the player that Poch wants. If that means that we have to break our transfer record, then break it! The record has to fall at some point and at least we know that Schneiderlin is good in the Premier League!

Schneiderlin is a good player, but not worth more than £30m. Cabeye is better and available for much less.

I'm fairly confident we won't break our transfer record again until a few years after the stadium has opened (c.2020).

Remember Bentley and Bent were two of our previous transfer records and both EPL proven.

id rather have Cabaye as well, not sure he'd take the step down though

schneiderlein has done it in MP's system though so that shouldn't be forgotten

id rather have Cabaye as well, not sure he'd take the step down though

schneiderlein has done it in MP's system though so that shouldn't be forgotten

It's only his salary. The French league is a poor standard football-wise. At 28 he's still got 2-3 more years left at the top before he needs to drop back down to Ligue 1.

Yes, but we didn't need either of them. We need Schneiderlin.

Completely disagree. We've bought enough over-priced players from smaller teams after being held to ransom. I like what I've seen of MS but really dont see that he's a £20m - £25m player - if he's worth that then so are people like Bentaleb and Kane. I also cant see that Schneiderlin would improve our first 11 enough to warrant paying that price for him - would rather stick with Bentaleb and Mason as our first choice. We need to spend money elsewhere

It's only his salary. The French league is a poor standard football-wise. At 28 he's still got 2-3 more years left at the top before he needs to drop back down to Ligue 1.

he spends his days training with Zlatan, Madrid would be a step down for him

To compare MS with Mason and bentaleb is madness, MS is in a different class to either, could the money be spent better elsewhere? That I agree with, we need top four,at present Rose, Davies, Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb, Kaboul, Chiriches,Paulinho, Naughton, Lamela, Soldado, Chadli and Stambouli are not of that standard, some of the above have good potential, we need proven players to add to them and give them time to improve.

potential is fine. 3 teams have top 4 level players and they will finish there.. the rest have potential, like us.

potential is fine. 3 teams have top 4 level players and they will finish there.. the rest have potential, like us.

I agree, that's why if possible we should buy MS, if we back Poch than Schneiderlin would be a known proven quality player, the stadium must hinder us surely on big money purchases.

We have a lot of players we could sell to raise revenue also.

I agree, that's why if possible we should buy MS, if we back Poch than Schneiderlin would be a known proven quality player, the stadium must hinder us surely on big money purchases.

We have a lot of players we could sell to raise revenue also.

I would disagree that MS is proven - he's shone at a smaller club in the same way that Darren Bent, David Bentley and various others did. If we could get MS for sub £15m then I agree would make sense but there's no way the'd sell for that. If we're going to pay £20m - £25m for someone then I would want somone more proven

I also think spending money on a decent CB and a forward with some pace is much higher priority, and I doubt that until we shift people like Paulinho, Kaboul, Naughton, Chiriches, Ade, BAE and various others, there wont be much money to spend. And unless we're going to accept knock-down prices (not really Levy's modus operandi) then a bunch of the dross wont be sold easily

To compare MS with Mason and bentaleb is madness, MS is in a different class to either, could the money be spent better elsewhere? That I agree with, we need top four,at present Rose, Davies, Townsend, Mason, Bentaleb, Kaboul, Chiriches,Paulinho, Naughton, Lamela, Soldado, Chadli and Stambouli are not of that standard, some of the above have good potential, we need proven players to add to them and give them time to improve.

Schneiderlin was a League 1 player 3 years ago

Changed your mind yet?

Back