• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Draw a vertical line from Benny's sole upwards - remember - the ball is resting on Terry's arse

You can't just draw a vertical line because of the perspective of the pic - if you draw a vertical line upwards from Ledley's left arm it also ends up in the net but that is clearly well in front of the line, just like the ball!!

Anyway, the debate isn't whether the ball was over but whether Atkinson had a mental moment or is corrupt

Draw a vertical line from Benny's sole upwards - remember - the ball is resting on Terry's arse

you have to draw a line from the right hand side of the ball. That's the bit that should be over the line , whether the left hand side of the ball (the bit in contact with Benny's sole) is over the line is irrelevant.

The image is scewed.

I don't think thats a good image to compare but going by that image, looks like it's over the line to me.

I did a quick perspective study on CorelDRAW and sadly the ball is JUST over

Willing to compare notes :)

just tinkling about on photoshop, the angle of the goal-line and crossbar don't match, I tihnk the image is way to scewed to get a 100% answer.

I drew a line down from the right side of the ball, it's on the line, therefore the whole ball isn't over the line, therefore no goal.

The fact is there is far too much doubt even after looking at a still frame for the goal to be given, so for it to be given at the time is ridiculous and Atkinson admitted that he got it wrong after the game.

The fact is there is far too much doubt even after looking at a still frame for the goal to be given, so for it to be given at the time is ridiculous and Atkinson admitted that he got it wrong after the game.

At which point did he realise he got it wrong?

After the game or during the match? Surely he can overturn his initial decision if unsure!

Sky did their little clever 3D animation thing fixing the ball in its position and rotating the angles yesterday, at no point did the ball cross the line.

Whole of the ball, whole of the line.

out-of-play-football.gif

At which point did he realise he got it wrong?

After the game or during the match? Surely he can overturn his initial decision if unsure!

Well he admitted it to Redknapp after the game. Once the kick off is taken to restart the game after the goal is 'scored' he can't change his mind.

If we - in retrospect, studying replays and pictures - can't make up our minds on whether or not the entire ball has crossed the line or not...then how can a referee, in a high paced game, at a split second, with at least three players (looking at the picture) potentially blocking your view, be 100% sure that this is a goal?

Absolutely shocking decision, at a vital point in a vital game. Apologies after the match mean fudge all. This was the game changing decision. This was the moment. Unfortunately it was a moment of sheer incompetence, not brilliance.

And don't tell me these things even themselves out - I'm still waiting for our Mendes goal, after what, nine years?

Guys, that's over the line, I'm afraid

The only positive out if it would be - more pressure on FIFA for goal-line technology

But of COURSE they won't agree to it, 'cos there's too much Far/Middle Eastern money to be made from bribing officials to influence the outcome of a game... besides, the perverts up at FIFA/UEFA are onto a good thing with their steady supply of Lady-Boys they get shipped in for MAKING sure the RIGHT teams win the RIGHT games!
CORRUPT PERVERTED MONEY GRABBING ****S!

Hey Mister Referlee... you make sure Chelsea win, me make you happy-happy... looky-looky at jiggy-jiggy I provide you with for blindy-blindy looky-other way...

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Back