• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Can you not see why the linesman got the Ade offside decision wrong though? he was standing on the otherside of the pitch so i can understand why he didn't spot the wolves player (hell most of us didn't until the replay). Against stoke we were well and truly robbed but yesterday? what you mean when the ref gave a drop ball decision when the goalie clearly caught the ball? or when some of our players (well mostly VDV) were dropping for minimum contact and we got near enough every free kick?

And then when you notice a team like Chelscum having so many ref decision going their way, it becomes even more frustrating

In their games against Emirates Marketing Project, Wolves, us, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then Sunderland yesterday, they have had some decisions going their way, who are quite unbeliveable.

They would be a midtable team had the refs done their jobs properly.

They get far more luck then any other team and have done for years, you only have to look at their home cup draws record

Could easily have given handball against VdV in the NLD. Gooners will feel thats one that went our way

Can you not see why the linesman got the Ade offside decision wrong though? he was standing on the otherside of the pitch so i can understand why he didn't spot the wolves player (hell most of us didn't until the replay). Against stoke we were well and truly robbed but yesterday? what you mean when the ref gave a drop ball decision when the goalie clearly caught the ball? or when some of our players (well mostly VDV) were dropping for minimum contact and we got near enough every free kick?

Agree completely, I don't think we can blame the refs at all for yesterday. That drop ball decision would have been a huge discussion point if we had scored. Cant blame the refs for yesterday, not getting the decision with the corner is no excuse for conceding from the corner, its not like it was a wrong decision that gave them a goal

Linnet - totally agree its fudged up. I have a theory that the Linesman are so used to giving Ade offside that they have made up their minds regardless whether he is actually offside or not.

I think its more likely they just arent that good.

Adebayor was clearly well forward of the two CBs as the ball was played - most likely the linesman made his decision based upon that and didnt even see the full back playing him on some 20 yards past his position.

Decisions that went out way:
- Vdv goal vs arsenal was 50/50 handball.
-Everton should have had a penalty for a kaboul foul
-cahill sending off was harsh

Decisons against us:
- Ashley cole handball that leads to Chelsea goal
- Adebayor goal disallowed vs Chelsea

- Corner kick decision vs Wolves, even if it doesnt give them a goal, it is the wrong decision and with dawson at the back we cant afford other teams to be in our penalty area.
- Adebayor goal offside vs Wolves

- Stoke game was a disgrace, probably the worst referee i have seen for years and all the decisions against us.

At the end of the day in these 3 games, refs cost us, two decisons wich leads to a goal is too many to win a game at this level.

If Gooners were saying stuff like the linesman or refs have it in for RVP or any of their players for that matter, there would be a 5 page thread stating how deluded they are. You honestly think the linesman have some sort of secret meeting before games where they all say how badly they dislike Adebayor and should all call offisde as soon as he scores? i mean you actually think that in your mind?

I'll tell you whats funny. When people were crying and complaining about Ashley cole's handball not being called, a few days later i checked out the Spurs vs Arsenal match thread. The ame people that moaned about Cole and were stating "It doesn't matter if it wasn't intentional, it still led to a goal" said nothing about the VDV goal. Not 1 word was spoken about it.

We got done over against Stoke for sure. The rest? give over man. That brick happens all the time.

Decisions that went out way:
- Vdv goal vs arsenal was 50/50 handball.
-Everton should have had a penalty for a kaboul foul
-cahill sending off was harsh

Decisons against us:
- Ashley cole handball that leads to Chelsea goal
- Adebayor goal disallowed vs Chelsea

- Corner kick decision vs Wolves, even if it doesnt give them a goal, it is the wrong decision and with dawson at the back we cant afford other teams to be in our penalty area.
- Adebayor goal offside vs Wolves

- Stoke game was a disgrace, probably the worst referee i have seen for years and all the decisions against us.

At the end of the day in these 3 games, refs cost us, two decisons wich leads to a goal is too many to win a game at this level.

I think Modric was also fouled in the game against Everton - so cancelled out.

Ultimately I dont think there will ever be an evening of bad decisions - but three goals for one striker is pretty tinkle poor.

People talking about Cahill decision (which was harsh), yesterday Frimpong should have been off for two bookable offences. He made 3-4 bad challenges before being booked, then afterward he made a bad challenge, the ref spoke to him and the captain, and then he still made at least 1 more bookable challenge. So you could argue that's evened out.
I can't see how you can say the officials didn't have an affect on the result when the two biggest decisions they got wrong, leading to us conceding and having a good goal disallowed. Yes, you can understand why the lino got it wrong, doesn't make it right though, and we're getting too many of them go against us lately.

People talking about Cahill decision (which was harsh), yesterday Frimpong should have been off for two bookable offences. He made 3-4 bad challenges before being booked, then afterward he made a bad challenge, the ref spoke to him and the captain, and then he still made at least 1 more bookable challenge. So you could argue that's evened out.
I can't see how you can say the officials didn't have an affect on the result when the two biggest decisions they got wrong, leading to us conceding and having a good goal disallowed. Yes, you can understand why the lino got it wrong, doesn't make it right though, and we're getting too many of them go against us lately.

If you read some comment by Wolves fans,they reckon the officials did all they could to win us the match!!!!

I guess it come's down to a point of perspective, but at the end of the day the two biggest decisions (arguably 3 with ping pong) that clearly affected the game fell in their favour

I guess it come's down to a point of perspective, but at the end of the day the two biggest decisions (arguably 3 with ping pong) that clearly affected the game fell in their favour

It certainly does. But I just couldnt believe how the most gold-tinted fan could think we were favoured

It certainly does. But I just couldnt believe how the most gold-tinted fan could think we were favoured

Easy really. We thought he had it in for us because:

1 )He gave them a corner
2) Adebayor offiside decison (despite that not even being the refs call)
3) Frimpong could have walked (altough none of his fouls were bad)

They thought he had it in for them because:
1) He gave the worst drop ball decision in their area despite it making no sense.
2) There were clearly times where some of our players dropped down with very minimum contact but he gave us the free kick all the time (especially in the 2nd half).

In reality he favoure neither team but of course most don't see it like that.

Doesnt matter if they were bad or not it was persistent fouling he made at least 7 fouls minimum before McCarthy took him off

That's fine, then Adebayor should have been sent off against Chelsea when he made 4 yellow card challenges. Weird that nothing was said about it when he was given the benefit of the doubt every single time bar the yellow.

That's fine, then Adebayor should have been sent off against Chelsea when he made 4 yellow card challenges. Weird that nothing was said about it when he was given the benefit of the doubt every single time bar the yellow.

Good point. I was one of those that thought Ade was lucky not to be sent off and was a bit angry at Harry for not takin him off (fair play to the ref though as he took into account the occassion and the game being played between two rivals)

I just think that the value of the decisions more than the number of decisions against us is what takes the tinkle. Ade's 3 goals may have got us enough points to be top of the table now. They are goals, not free kicks, corners, sendings off etc no they are goals and goals get points.

Back