• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is anyone actually enjoying this torture?

chancer

Gudni Bergsson
Aren't you meant to be all excited and enthused when your team are up there competing at the end of the season? Isn't it meant to be, you know, fun?

But I'm not having a lot of fun to be honest. Fun is not the word.

I honestly think I was happier when we were 10th every season for 3 decades. The comedic, uneventful camaraderie of mediocrity.

Man in a Raincoat anyone?

It's not fun when you have 10 points advantage and fall apart infront on every other team to see.

If we were chasing and were never in it, that's be fun, but for the last 10 weeks it's been ours to lose, and that's what we're doing!

Aren't you meant to be all excited and enthused when your team are up there competing at the end of the season? Isn't it meant to be, you know, fun?

But I'm not having a lot of fun to be honest. Fun is not the word.

I honestly think I was happier when we were 10th every season for 3 decades. The comedic, uneventful camaraderie of mediocrity.

Man in a Raincoat anyone?

I'm enjoying it. I think regardless of what happens now, it's been a cracking season. Not just regarding us but the whole league. So many twists and turns. City looked nailed on for the title and then blew it. Utd look like they're going to be comfortable winners and then lose to Wigan and it's game on again :lol: Same with us and Arsenal. We are clear, then Arsenal catch up and could go 8pts clear of us and they lose to Wigan! Then only draw to Chelsea at home and let us back in. Plus we've played some terrific football this year at times.

You've got Saudi Sportswashing Machine who have been written off all season still doggardly being there. We've had the disaster that was AVB. We've had a spectacular collapse of Liverpool FC....who amazingly could have a so called disasterous season despite winning two cups! We've had the Manchester clubs dumped out of the CL in the group stage. The relegation battle is also very exciting.

And to top it all off, it may go down to the wire for us to get a top four place......and we have to get a result against Martin Jol!

I think it's brilliant! It wasn't that long ago when at this time of the season we'd either be sighing with relief that we'd dodged relegation or looking at all the unlikely scenarios that could get us finish top six for a UEFA Cup slot........

I've taken the premier league format out of my mind and just want to see the players that represent Spurs put on a footballing show. I feel I may be left frustrated, but less frustrated than I would have been had I been considering the whole points/ GD/ other teams results thing. It's just about the quality of the football that we play from here on in from me.

I was thinking the same but looking back at even the mediocre times we still tried to work out how 7th or 8th could get a uefa cup spot, forgetting that we'd have to win something like 5 in a row with a crap team. There was still a lot of expectation for a team that had the likes of Booth and Doherty up front at times.

Its maybe a bit more crazy now where each game is a must win game or its all over (of which I am a big culprit).

It's not fun when you have 10 points advantage and fall apart infront on every other team to see.

If we were chasing and were never in it, that's be fun, but for the last 10 weeks it's been ours to lose, and that's what we're doing!

Nail, head, hit.

Finishing mid table is easy. It's the hope that kills you

unfortunately, Football isn't played behind closed doors... which is why our players have to be fudging MAN enough to take the pressure...
jeez, if they can't handle this, then wtf is Modric gonna do at Man Utd, or Bale at Barca next season where WINNING IS DEMANDED, not just an unexpected bonus... and as for Harry, good luck with the England job son, if you want PRESSURE... fill yer boots!

Quite simply, if they want it, they must step up to the plate and fudging DEMAND IT...
and if they don't, fine, fudge off and let someone who DOES have a go!

weirdly, I'm still optimistic about the 2nd half... dunno why, just had a feeling ever since Harry said "WE WILL FINISH 4th!" at Wembley last week...
either he knows summit we don't, is paying someone to make it happen, or he's as mad as a box of rabid frogs and doesn't give a brick what he says any more, 'cos he's off in 3 weeks!!!

we've been an embarrassment since Christmas

I would not go that far. Results certainly are not going the way we want them. But apart from the Scum away game and the Norwich home game we have mostly either competed or dominated teams. But luck seems to have deserted us. Teams are scoring with their one chance, and once we get behind we are seeing teams just pack the defence in front of us.

We need one to go in off someone's bum and just get us in front and you would see the difference a lead makes. We cant seem to buy a goal to get us in front at the moment. Keepers pulling of saves, goal line clearances, chances wasted and just out right bad luck.

Its painful to watch cos you can just see it coming. As soon as they gave that free kick to Taarabt you know it was going in. we scripted it before the season even started. And how they got the free kick was just terrible luck.

We need to get back to basics. Get bale on the wing, get him firing in crosses and Lennon on the other side and something will happen. All these flicks and crap and the middle are going nowhere. Just get it in the box and things will happen.

Sad thing is I don't feel torture now... Just a calm acceptance of our fate. I just cannot in any way see us getting top 4.

We're that bad that nerves don't come into it, as I expect us to lose every game. I feel torture when we're playing well, and it is close. But as the team seem to have given up, I feel like I gradually am too

Your mistake is considering us as competing. We are in free fall, no chance of any kind of acceptable finish this season

Im now looking forward to seeing a young Spurs side next season with a new young manager building the team for major glory.

It's this death of a thousand cuts brick I can't stand.

It reminds me of last season when after every bricky draw at home to the likes of WBA we tortured ourselves about how we could still do it with results at City, Chelsea etc.

When we lost at the Etihads last season it was almost a relief.

I mean even now after brick result after brick result I can't help but hope. I can take the despair, it's the hope that kills me.

I'm looking forward to Harry fudging leaving. That's all.

We don't have a bad bunch of players, but we have a manager who can't do anything at all with them when the chips are down.

Get his blubbery arse out, one way or another, and get a young manager in who actually WANTS to fudging be here.

Then watch as our players excel. Because all they need is a bit of coaching, a plan, a plan b, a method of breaking down the opposition that isn't just 'go out there and play'.

They need training.

A new man can give them that. This bunch of incompetent grinners? no fudging way.

From now on, everything we get is a bonus.

it will certainly be a lot less painful when all our best players leave in the summer and we can revert back to finishing between 7th and 14th for the next 10 years

I'm livid, I don't think I've ever felt so despondent as I do now about Spurs.
Getting things so badly wrong in such a spectacular way has shown Harry for what he really is. A chancer who got lucky, self-preservation is all he is about!

"2 points from 8 games"? Well how about 6 points from 10 when you've been 10 points ahead of your biggest rivals and 15 from the team who now sit 3 points above you in a CL spot?

I suggest we all keep an eye out for "The Premiership Years" and, in particular, images of Dean Austin and Ian Walker falling over themselves to let the opposition score.

Back