• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

iPhone 5 - to be announced today

Yeah, again...so? Why should they give it away? It's not a necessary adapter. You get the cable you need to connect it to your computer. If you have an old speaker system then you obviously have an old phone - just use that as a dedicated music device.

It's a new feature - if it doesn't suit you, don't buy it.

I was saying that its EU law to have a micro USB connection for charging but Apple flout this by having an adaptor if you want to charge by micro USB that they charge for seperately. Seems a bit unfair and they should get fined for it imo.

I was saying that its EU law to have a micro USB connection for charging but Apple flout this by having an adaptor if you want to charge by micro USB that they charge for seperately. Seems a bit unfair and they should get fined for it imo.

Genuine question: does it matter that its an American company? Do Samsung etc do it for the EU or just because it's an easier thing to implement / the route they want to take?

If you want to talk standards, it's not just Apple. Sony have their own memory card for example.

But memory cards do not have a requirement to be the same under EU law whereas a charging port must be and no it doesnt matter than its an American company. In 2009 the EU told them either we legalise it or you voluntarily agree to it so they all signed up to an EU agreement.

Genuine question: does it matter that its an American company? Do Samsung etc do it for the EU or just because it's an easier thing to implement / the route they want to take?

If you want to talk standards, it's not just Apple. Sony have their own memory card for example.

That's true, but the Memory Stick Duo is now pretty much gone, and in Sony's phones you will find Micro SD, which is basically universally compatible with all other phones.

Overall a decent update. I really do like Maps and Passbook will be useful once companies start building for it.

Overall a decent update. I really do like Maps and Passbook will be useful once companies start building for it.

have you been able to add anything to passbook yet?

every time i try i get a "cannot connect to iTunes store" message, i can download other apps though

Looks like my iPhone won't be available to collect 2mor.. no email update yet, tracking system doesn't recognise it on Vodafone website and woman I spoke to didn't really have a clue, she then tried to speak to the warehouse and came back and said not really sure but might be next week... you will get any email to confirm!

How can someone with such a sexy phone voice be unable to help at all lol

have you been able to add anything to passbook yet?

every time i try i get a "cannot connect to iTunes store" message, i can download other apps though

Apparently you have to set your time forward an hour and then change back and it works? Weird. I haven't tried it yet.

I tried to develop my own Pass to try it out, but it didn't copy to my iPhone properly.

Apparently you have to set your time forward an hour and then change back and it works? Weird. I haven't tried it yet.

I tried to develop my own Pass to try it out, but it didn't copy to my iPhone properly.

Sorry set it one year ahead, press update all apps then change the date back and it should work. Just tried it and it works for me now.

Anyone having battery life issues with ios6. My 4s isnt eve lasting 15 hours. Before updating i was getting a day and a bit with the same usage. Not happy.

Anyone having battery life issues with ios6. My 4s isnt eve lasting 15 hours. Before updating i was getting a day and a bit with the same usage. Not happy.

This. It's doing my crust in. Before the update I had no battery problems. Post the update I now have to charge it every 10 hours or so

only been a couple of days but my 4s battery life seems better on ios6

might be that you have an app thats now allowed to run in the background that wasn't before?

Back