• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

That’s as much to do with price though isn’t it and the premium for home grown status in the league City and Pool play in.

Pep bought Stones, Walker, Phillips, Grealish and tried for Kane tbf.
Price is a self imposed limit for city, if they want them they will get them.
Stones was in and out team, Grealish can't get in the team, any team in the world would take kane, he's a generational talent.
Walker is the only England player pep has bought that has played consistently.

Pep did buy Walker, North, Phillips, Grealish, Sterling, Rodwell and Delph, home grown Foden and Lewis are in his team plus if he could have he would have got Bellingham and Kane. There are virtually no world class English forwards, our youth system still produce hard working or big blokes to chase hopeful punts.

How many of them got consistent game time?
Delph went to city for a lot of money and was virtually never played.
Did Rodwell even get double figures for appearances?
I don't even know who north is.
There's not a team in the world that wouldn't take kane and Bellingham.

Pep or klopp probably could have won a trophy with England, but half of the current lot would not get near the squad.
They would be better drilled and much more "savvy" for a start.

Pep did buy Walker, North, Phillips, Grealish, Sterling, Rodwell and Delph, home grown Foden and Lewis are in his team plus if he could have he would have got Bellingham and Kane. There are virtually no world class English forwards, our youth system still produce hard working or big blokes to chase hopeful punts.
He didn't buy Sterling. Sterling was there the season before Pep arrived as were Delph and Rodwell (he left before Pep even joined).

The English players that have been bought during Pep's reign are Stones, Walker, Phillips, Grealish and Carson. Given Carson is a pure backup keeper it does suggest Pep has no great interest in English players. He was interested in Kane and Rice but beyond that I don't think the evidence suggests that Pep thinks that the England team is full of great players.

He didn't buy Sterling. Sterling was there the season before Pep arrived as were Delph and Rodwell (he left before Pep even joined).

The English players that have been bought during Pep's reign are Stones, Walker, Phillips, Grealish and Carson. Given Carson is a pure backup keeper it does suggest Pep has no great interest in English players. He was interested in Kane and Rice but beyond that I don't think the evidence suggests that Pep thinks that the England team is full of great players.
So he’s bought 4 regular England players, produced 2 in Foden and Palmer (not regular yet but he’s in the squad on merit this season), priced out of buying Kane and Rice, prob same with Saka?

Pep’s biggest ever buy was an English player.

Looks like there’s plenty of evidence of Pep’s interest, no?

So he’s bought 4 regular England players, produced 2 in Foden and Palmer (not regular yet but he’s in the squad on merit this season), priced out of buying Kane and Rice, prob same with Saka?

Not to the extent that was claimed in this thread imo.

How many of them got consistent game time?
Delph went to city for a lot of money and was virtually never played.
Did Rodwell even get double figures for appearances?
I don't even know who north is.
There's not a team in the world that wouldn't take kane and Bellingham.

Pep or klopp probably could have won a trophy with England, but half of the current lot would not get near the squad.
They would be better drilled and much more "savvy" for a start.

North nor do I, for some reason I always call Stones North, must be a sign of dementia. I think Pep and Klopp would have struggled with England as forwards available wouldn't have fitted their formula.

Think the claim was that Pep wasn’t interested at all in English players, the responses have just been to that claim. He clearly does have some interest.
Put it another way, pep has all the money in the world, how many England players does he buy.
Same with klopp.
Neither are exactly falling over themselves to buy English players.

I originally brought it up, that's the quote above, no mention that never wanted English players.

I originally brought it up, that's the quote above, no mention that never wanted English players.
Fair enough, only you will know what you meant by Pep not falling over himself to buy English players though, i took it to mean you saying he wasn’t interested in buying English. I reckon the list provided contradicts that but maybe you would have expected him to buy more than he has?

?
Walker... Stones...?...?
Rice... Philips
Palmer... Foden... Grealish
Kane
Bought, coached or coverted by Pep, excluding Sterling and Lewis. Add in Saka, Bellingham, James, TAA, White, Gomez, Branthwaite, Maddison, Bowen, Watkins, Gordon and which ever keepers are the best with their feet. Pick any England manager, who's proved himself at any level, who's a Pep disciple.

Fair enough, only you will know what you meant by Pep not falling over himself to buy English players though, i took it to mean you saying he wasn’t interested in buying English. I reckon the list provided contradicts that but maybe you would have expected him to buy more than he has?

I don't have a wide enough knowledge to judge tbh, I really only watch spurs games now so even if an opposition player catches my eye I will only see him twice a season.
Walker is widely touted as the best rb to have played in the PL, stones is a good footballer, although IMHO not a great defender, and pep wanted kane and Bellingham by most accounts.
Pep will buy English, but only if they are top level, and let's be honest with the riches available to city why would he settle for anything less.

We have a huge amount of talent in our squad

As a question do we think the team Over the last few years would have performed better under say a Pep or a Klopp ??

I honestly think if either of those were manager we would have won a World Cup and Euro’s

The problem with the England team is we (and by “we” I mean the fans, the media etc) is we always blame the manager and always will. It’s never ever because the players aren’t good enough. So it may be true that Southgate isn’t a top manager and we do have some very good players, there’s 4-5 teams that are at a similar level to us; France, Brazil, Argentina to name a few. International football is quite even at the moment, there isn’t one dominant or clearly superior team to everyone else.

The problem with the England team is we (and by “we” I mean the fans, the media etc) is we always blame the manager and always will. It’s never ever because the players aren’t good enough. So it may be true that Southgate isn’t a top manager and we do have some very good players, there’s 4-5 teams that are at a similar level to us; France, Brazil, Argentina to name a few. International football is quite even at the moment, there isn’t one dominant or clearly superior team to everyone else.
An elite coach can make average players play great in certain systems add this to the top talent we have and we would reign

An elite coach can make average players play great in certain systems add this to the top talent we have and we would reign

Going forward I believe we have the best players, and we have depth. We almost have too many attacking options to choose from. Defensively we are still suspect and other countries have the edge on us. So whilst I’d say we have the best players going forward, other countries have better defenders so it’s fairly even. No doubt we could win something if things go our way but we’re not head and shoulders above everyone else

Going forward I believe we have the best players, and we have depth. We almost have too many attacking options to choose from. Defensively we are still suspect and other countries have the edge on us. So whilst I’d say we have the best players going forward, other countries have better defenders so it’s fairly even. No doubt we could win something if things go our way but we’re not head and shoulders above everyone else

I think defensively we've just got to decide that Guehi and Branthwaite will be our pairing for the next WC, and start playing them together every match.

Looking at the stats for Englands attacking options in club international matches they don't look too good apart from the the 3 obvious selections of Kane, Saka and Foden

Matches Goals Assists
Rashford 73 25 3
Kane 65 44 3
Foden 59 21 3
Saka 32 8 4
Grealish 29 1 1
Bowen 15 4 4
Gordon 6 0 0
Wilson 4 0 0
Watkins 0 0 0
Toney 0 0 0

Looking at the stats for Englands attacking options in club international matches they don't look too good apart from the the 3 obvious selections of Kane, Saka and Foden

Matches Goals Assists
Rashford 73 25 3
Kane 65 44 3
Foden 59 21 3
Saka 32 8 4
Grealish 29 1 1
Bowen 15 4 4
Gordon 6 0 0
Wilson 4 0 0
Watkins 0 0 0
Toney 0 0 0
Grealish, bowen, Watkins, toney, there's the problem right there.
Over hyped players that England seem to think are going to make a difference.
They are slightly better than average, Watkins and toney are 28, Watkins is talked about as if he is 21.
They’re having a purple patch and suddenly they're £100m players that are thrown in to fail.

Produced…. They were great players before him in city’s youth team being developed (which was already a top academy)

Grealish, bowen, Watkins, toney, there's the problem right there.
Over hyped players that England seem to think are going to make a difference.
They are slightly better than average, Watkins and toney are 28, Watkins is talked about as if he is 21.
They’re having a purple patch and suddenly they're £100m players that are thrown in to fail.
But that’s guys would start for most teams in Europe

Have you seen the front line fl Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Holland…

These are very good players but it takes time to settle into international football and we also have a very stagnant manager.

Kane because he is so good is huge for England. Kane because he is so good hinders England because if he ain’t there… there is no one with any game time

Back