• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Nations League 2024/25 draw in full​

League A

• Group A1: Croatia, Portugal, Poland, Scotland.
  • Group A2: Italy, Belgium, France, Israel.
  • Group A3: Netherlands, Hungary, Germany, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
  • Group A4: Spain, Denmark, Switzerland, Serbia.
League B

• Group B1: Czech Republic, Ukraine, Albania, Georgia.
  • Group B2: England, Finland, Republic of Ireland, Greece.
  • Group B3: Austria, Norway, Slovenia, Kazakhstan.
  • Group B4: Wales, Iceland, Montenegro, Turkey.
League C

• Group C1: Sweden, Azerbaijan, Slovakia, Estonia.
  • Group C2: Romania, Kosovo, Cyprus, Gibraltar/Lithuania*.
  • Group C3: Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Northern Ireland, Belarus.
  • Group C4: Armenia, Faroe Islands, North Macedonia, Latvia.
*subject to a play-off to decide final placings

League D

• Group D1: Lithuania/Gibraltar*, San Marino, Liechtenstein.
  • Group D2: Moldova, Malta, Andorra.
*subject to a play-off to decide final placings

Nations League 2024/25 schedule​

• Matchday 1: September 5-7 2024
  • Matchday 2: September 8-10 2024
  • Matchday 3: October 10-12 2024
  • Matchday 4: October 13-15 2024
  • Matchday 5: November 14-16 2024
  • Matchday 6: November 17-19 2024
  • Knockout round play-off draw: November 2024
  • Knockout round play-offs: March 20-25 2025
  • League A quarter-finals: March 20-25 2025
  • Final tournament: June 4-8 2025

What is this nonsense? Is A good through to D awful? Or is the 1/2/3/4 good to awful? It makes no sense

Nobody who slags off Southgate is ever brave enough to suggest who else should have had the job instead. It's just a fixed flow chart of "the manager wot I just imagined that isn't Southgate = winning everything". There must be a blissful euphoria in being so stupid, I'm almost envious.

And whoever that fabled nameless manager is could have done a hell of a lot worse than Southgate actually did in the current reality, but could only have done ever so slightly better. It will have probably run it's course after this summer and I do certainly think we should freshen things up unless we do somehow end up winning it though. I guess we'll go a big name foreign manager as there's not a huge amount of promise in the current English crop, Howe / Potter / Allardyce / Warnock if we can pry him back from Scotland.....

It's a funny one how people think winning something like the Euros or World cup is easy and we definitely should have done it.

Nobody who slags off Southgate is ever brave enough to suggest who else should have had the job instead. It's just a fixed flow chart of "the manager wot I just imagined that isn't Southgate = winning everything". There must be a blissful euphoria in being so stupid, I'm almost envious.

And whoever that fabled nameless manager is could have done a hell of a lot worse than Southgate actually did in the current reality, but could only have done ever so slightly better. It will have probably run it's course after this summer and I do certainly think we should freshen things up unless we do somehow end up winning it though. I guess we'll go a big name foreign manager as there's not a huge amount of promise in the current English crop, Howe / Potter / Allardyce / Warnock if we can pry him back from Scotland.....

It's a funny one how people think winning something like the Euros or World cup is easy and we definitely should have done it.

Someone who picks players that actually are in form or actually get game time for their club?
Someone who actually doesn't play two defensive midfielders against the absolute dross of international football?
A manager that actually instructs his attacking midfielders to get the ball to the best #9 in world football?

No offensive, England has a brilliant generation right now and the traditional European power teams are at their lowest.

Walker, Rice, Maddison, Bowen, Saka, Bellingham, Watkins, Kane tell you what this team can do, and that's hurt other teams, there isn't enough quality in the back line to play Conte terrorist ball and win.

You want a manager suggestion, give this side to Ancelotti ..

Someone who picks players that actually are in form or actually get game time for their club?
Someone who actually doesn't play two defensive midfielders against the absolute dross of international football?
A manager that actually instructs his attacking midfielders to get the ball to the best #9 in world football?

No offensive, England has a brilliant generation right now and the traditional European power teams are at their lowest.

Walker, Rice, Maddison, Bowen, Saka, Bellingham, Watkins, Kane tell you what this team can do, and that's hurt other teams, there isn't enough quality in the back line to play Conte terrorist ball and win.

You want a manager suggestion, give this side to Ancelotti ..

Thanks for the chuckle, should I have said a feasible suggestion? I kind of thought that was implied within the text but evidently not...

"Hi Carlo, would you like you leave one the biggest clubs in the world for the biggest poisoned chalice job out there where the fans expect everything despite history showing that even when we have talented generations of players it always falls on it's arse, and a manager who has got them to a semi and a final is considered a joke because he displays loyalty to players who have been a big part of his teams?"

*Cue classic Ancelotti eyebrow raise and click of the phone

Might as well see if Alf Ramsey wants the job whilst we're at it.

The sad thing is that those who are fixated on Southgate bashing have missed out on actually enjoying the ride because they are too fixated on crying about Henderson and the likes. The last tournaments have been a lot of fun and of course they ended in tears, that's the Ingerland/ Spurs curse, that's life but if you can't enjoy the journey..........

Southgate has brought dignity and pride to the setup, which was hugely missing during the Spice Boys era from 1999-2016.

However I would have replaced him with Pochettino after the Hungary game in June 22. Really just to have a run at WC with the handbrake off.

Southgate has brought dignity and pride to the setup, which was hugely missing during the Spice Boys era from 1999-2016.

However I would have replaced him with Pochettino after the Hungary game in June 22. Really just to have a run at WC with the handbrake off.

Someone more suited to the players available. Poch, Potter, Howe......

I would have even considered someone within the set up as given the nature of International football there is less chance of top names. Would even consider someone young and hungry and clearly a student of the game like McKenna or Ian Foster.

Back