• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I really look forward to the World cup but i much prefer it when it is hosted in Africa / south American countries as they really know how to celebrate it, its hot and Sunny and the atmosphere is great.

I have an image in my head of Russia being dull and misty and no atmosphere :(

Injuries to Winks and Gomez have made me rethink my starting line-up for the WC. I'm currently on:

----------------------Butland
------Walker-----Murphy-----Lascalles
Trippier----------------------------------Rose
-------------Dier--------Loftus-Cheek
-------Alli-------------------------Lallana
--------------------Kane

I really look forward to the World cup but i much prefer it when it is hosted in Africa / south American countries as they really know how to celebrate it, its hot and Sunny and the atmosphere is great.

I have an image in my head of Russia being dull and misty and no atmosphere :(

The one in Africa had a bunch of cnuts playing those stupid sounding horns.

I like Africans, bit stupid to say you like a whole continent of people but there we go I like them and I hope one of them wins the world cup. Quite good friends with an Egyptian chap so I hope they do it, or a Ghana. Like how they attack and play good football.

Will be good to bring focus onto a lovely continent which is progressing and coming on leaps and bounds, good luck to them just hope no tacos play that stupid horn.

So, Southgate names his final 23 on Wednesday. Who would you have on the plane?

Gomez, Winks and Oxlade-Chamberlain are obviously already ruled out

This would be mine:

Butland
Pickford
Pope

Trippier
Rose
Sessegnon

Walker
Maguire
Lascalles
Tarkowski
Mee
Stones

Dier
Cook
Loftus-Cheek
Henderson

Alli
Lallana
Sterling
Sancho
Rashford

Kane
Vardy

Maybe. As its England I dont really care, Id gamble.

Its a tournament, we need to be brave.

He has genuine class in seeing and executing passes. Play the donkey next to him, lay it off, and have him get it forward.

Players like Vardy could have a field day with the passes he can make.

Who else is there that can do similar?

Southgate just jumped up in my estimation:

HART OUT OF SQUAD

Joe Hart has been told he will not be part of England’s 23-man squad heading to the World Cup in Russia, Sky Sports Newsunderstands.

Gareth Southgate will announce his squad tomorrow, but we believe he has decided against taking Hart as his third choice keeper behind Jack Butland and Jordan Pickford.

Hart has returned to Emirates Marketing Project after his loan spell at West Ham, although his future at the club remains uncertain.

All the discussion has been about taking him because of his experience and influence on the squad. This puzzles me as I don't see him as a leader. He's a shouty but in a self-obsessed way. He also got over emotional and worked up before games at the last tournament. Then there is the fact that you wouldn't want him as your emergency goalkeeper. I'd prefer Kane and we've seen how good he was.

The alternative is to take Pope, a young goalkeeper, who has the best stats of any English goalkeeper this season, and who might be the future. If he is the real deal it's a good experience for him. Even if he turns out to be a one season wonder he's a better choice than Hart.

All the discussion has been about taking him because of his experience and influence on the squad. This puzzles me as I don't see him as a leader. He's a shouty but in a self-obsessed way. He also got over emotional and worked up before games at the last tournament. Then there is the fact that you wouldn't want him as your emergency goalkeeper. I'd prefer Kane and we've seen how good he was.

The alternative is to take Pope, a young goalkeeper, who has the best stats of any English goalkeeper this season, and who might be the future. If he is the real deal it's a good experience for him. Even if he turns out to be a one season wonder he's a better choice than Hart.

Experience of failure isn't a good thing. It's why I'm glad Rooney, Cahill and Milner and co are out of the picture too. It's much better to build solely on the momentum/identify/spirit of Southgate's U21 group

I have always thought Shelvey was a good player ( bit hot headed ) and we do not have many CM players who can pass as well as him, so i hope he does go.

Back