• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If Bale plays against Espanyol..

I dont agree with your views at all regarding where the power lies in the agent-player relationship. Players arent very clever to say the least, whilst agents are cunning, know all the tricks of the trade and will do whatever they can to make a few quid.

You might say that a player should sack his agent if the agent oversteps the mark in what he says in the process....however that requires the player to be proactive and stand up to their agent, which they generally wont do as in a lot of cases they'r eprobably intimidated by them. Its too easy for the player to let the agent take the hassle and sort things out whilst the player buggers off to the golf course

Is this the whole 'Modric doesnt know what he is doing and is easily swayed' argument (im paraphrasing here).

Im sorry but at the age of 24 you know what you are doing, you have good parents around you, a good girlfriend around you, friends and family, a very good manager around you - and you still think a player is not clever? A player knows the difference between right and wrong.

Steff mentioned - people are doubting that this is the agents doing (no one is by the way), but well people are doubting its the player too. They are in cahoots. An agent can easily be dismissed in the media by Bale - just say so - just tell the media that you are staying or you intend to stay but of course im interested etc etc etc.

Bale is a successful footballer and should be able to stand up to his agent. Maybe im different and id stand up to anyone but thats my view.

I am not saying its entirely Bales fault, its of course his agent mainly but Bale obviously approves otherwise he would have told him to shut the fudge up. This isnt childs play, its not a playground, this is serious business and brick like this can tarnish a reputation. Its just my two cents worth and this situation has polarised fans... none of us are taking sides really - its the lack of information thats making things so polarised.

It's not about the agent issue, and it's not about Bale saying no either, it's complicated

- We haven't (Levy in particular), said he isn't for sale at any price, fact is, if Madrid had offered 100M+ in writing, I think he would have been off
- Bale either goes now, negotiates a new contract with us, goes next year or some combination of the 3, outright shutting down any of the options probably makes no sense.
- Half the brick we are reading/hearing probably has no basis in any truth, all media whoring or Madrid propaganda.

My opinion, we are playing a game of financial chicken

- Madrid thinks they can make us blink first by trying to drive media/player/agent and feel (like a few on this board) that we would be tempted to get less money early and sort replacements
- Levy isn't going to blink, either Madrid meets his valuation and his payment terms or they get nothing

Is this the whole 'Modric doesnt know what he is doing and is easily swayed' argument (im paraphrasing here).

Im sorry but at the age of 24 you know what you are doing, you have good parents around you, a good girlfriend around you, friends and family, a very good manager around you - and you still think a player is not clever? A player knows the difference between right and wrong.

Steff mentioned - people are doubting that this is the agents doing (no one is by the way), but well people are doubting its the player too. They are in cahoots. An agent can easily be dismissed in the media by Bale - just say so - just tell the media that you are staying or you intend to stay but of course im interested etc etc etc.

Bale is a successful footballer and should be able to stand up to his agent. Maybe im different and id stand up to anyone but thats my view.

I am not saying its entirely Bales fault, its of course his agent mainly but Bale obviously approves otherwise he would have told him to shut the fudge up. This isnt childs play, its not a playground, this is serious business and brick like this can tarnish a reputation. Its just my two cents worth and this situation has polarised fans... none of us are taking sides really - its the lack of information thats making things so polarised.

Agree 100%

In principle, I agree players aren't that bright, but let's just focus on Bale. He doesn't come across as unintelligent. I've seen him interviewed 50 times, he's obviously a bit shy, but I've never thought he comes across as thick.

It's not about the agent issue, and it's not about Bale saying no either, it's complicated

- We haven't (Levy in particular), said he isn't for sale at any price, fact is, if Madrid had offered 100M+ in writing, I think he would have been off
- Bale either goes now, negotiates a new contract with us, goes next year or some combination of the 3, outright shutting down any of the options probably makes no sense.
- Half the brick we are reading/hearing probably has no basis in any truth, all media whoring or Madrid propaganda.

My opinion, we are playing a game of financial chicken

- Madrid thinks they can make us blink first by trying to drive media/player/agent and feel (like a few on this board) that we would be tempted to get less money early and sort replacements
- Levy isn't going to blink, either Madrid meets his valuation and his payment terms or they get nothing
Good post and this part in particular rings true to me. We're negotiating money now and that is what will determine whether he sold or not.

Back