• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If Bale plays against Espanyol..

Do you genuinely think it would make a blind bit of difference to the outcome of this sorry saga? I dont.

For the record, i won't boo the fella (if he appears).

Not the point though is it, there is no real evidence to suggest he is causing a problem ( his agent and Marca are the problem) so for any fan to boo him shows the mentality of the macarons.

Not the point though is it, there is no real evidence to suggest he is causing a problem ( his agent and Marca are the problem) so for any fan to boo him shows the mentality of the macarons.

I think this is the most pathetic part of all.

His agent is the problem - who do you think gives him his instructions?

No he has not made any overt comments or handed in a transfer request or been spotted sleeping in a Real Madrid shirt (yet!)
But it is very very very very clear his intention - one word from him (that word being no) would have put this to bed weeks ago
The fact that that word did not come, has not come and is unlikely to come tells you what he feels
He cant say it overtly, in case it doesnt happen for whatever reason - then he can say "blah, blah, blah" and everyone will love him again (for a year till the whole things starts again).

All that happens is he hasnt said it out loud. Doesnt mean it is not clear to most fans who see past this facade.

For the record I dont blame him for wanting to go. And I think he will go. And I dont even blame him for not being overt about it, it would be daft. I wouldnt boo him, but I do very clearly see what he is up to.
Had we shown any ambition over the last 18 months in terms of getting a striker we would probably not be in this position yet
If it were me, I would be doing the exact same thing as him

Rather see it done this week and move on with life

Last edited:

I'm not here to defend agents and I certainly agree that Madrid have acted like ****s, but the agent works for the player does he not? So Bale could easily get rid of him and find another agent if he disapproved of his behaviour. I know Bale hasn't said anything publicly, but it would be very naive to think that he isn't driving this move in some way at least.

To Bale's credit, he hasn't done what Modric did and publicly state his desire to leave, but he could have just have easily stated his desire to stay if he wanted to. Maybe it's just easier for fans to swallow to blame the agent rather than accept that the player doesn't want to be here anymore. I don't think he deserves a bad reception on Saturday should he play for the record.

No he has not made any overt comments or handed in a transfer request or been spotted sleeping in a Real Madrid shirt (yet!)
But it is very very very very clear his intention - one word from him (that word being no) would have put this to bed weeks ago
The fact that that word did not come, has not come and is unlikely to come tells you what he feels
He cant say it overtly, in case it doesnt happen for whatever reason - then he can say "blah, blah, blah" and everyone will love him again (for a year till the whole things starts again).

All that happens is he hasnt said it out loud. Doesnt mean it is not clear to most fans who see past this facade.

For the record I dont blame him for wanting to go. And I think he will go. And I dont even blame him for not being overt about it, it would be daft. I wouldnt boo him, but I do very clearly see what he is up to.
Had we shown any ambition over the last 18 months in terms of getting a striker we would probably not be in this position yet

Very good post. I don't want this to drag on until the last day of the window and for Spurs to have another slow start because we don't have a settled squad.

I was there when Modric wanted to leave and he came on against Bilbao and he got a great reception.

I admire your naivete fella. We did the same for Modric. Still left.

Money talks. If everyone threw a £50 note on the pitch it might sway him but as it would only amount to £1.5mn (or around 7.5 months wages) even that wouldn't be enough i fear.

Cool, lets all chip in with a £100 then?

Some good points buts its obvious you believe everything you read, Bale has said nothing and for some to suggest he is driving this move is gonad*s.

I admire your naivete fella. We did the same for Modric. Still left.

Money talks. If everyone threw a £50 note on the pitch it might sway him but as it would only amount to £1.5mn (or around 7.5 months wages) even that wouldn't be enough i fear.

No one is saying that cheering and singing for him instead of booing him means that he will definitely stay.

Just that it's clearly the better option.

I'm not quite sure what your overall point is here.

You don't think agents try to influence their clients to do what's best for the agent? We obviously don't have any evidence for it in this case, but it seems to be pretty much par for the course for agents.

I don't think it's a facade. I think he prefers going to Real, but he's happy staying with Spurs too. He's not being a dingdonghead about it, he's trying to stay out of the media spotlight until the situation is over. I think that's fair, as do you seemingly. What makes it a facade exactly?

No one is saying that cheering and singing for him instead of booing him means that he will definitely stay.

You don't think agents try to influence their clients to do what's best for the agent? We obviously don't have any evidence for it in this case, but it seems to be pretty much par for the course for agents.

I don't think it's a facade. I think he prefers going to Real, but he's happy staying with Spurs too. He's not being a dingdonghead about it, he's trying to stay out of the media spotlight until the situation is over. I think that's fair, as do you seemingly. What makes it a facade exactly?

facade is probably the wrong word mate, you are right - but my point is that imo its way off the mark to suggest this is being driven only by Barnett and Marca / Real
barnett takes instruction from his client - his actions are Bale's actions
So those who agree Barnett is partly driving this, imo also have to accept that Bale is

I dont think he is 100% to go, and as noted I dont blame him if he does - but he is not an innocent pawn in this game

Some good points buts its obvious you believe everything you read, Bale has said nothing and for some to suggest he is driving this move is gonad*s.

I would say quite the opposite - those who believe Bale has no part in this are the ones believing everything they read, or in this case what they dont read.
I respect the fact you think its gonad*s, hell i hope you are right, but no logical analysis of this situation backs that up.

Put it this way - if he said no in public 4 weeks ago - would be here? No.

I would say quite the opposite - those who believe Bale has no part in this are the ones believing everything they read, or in this case what they dont read.
I respect the fact you think its gonad*s, hell i hope you are right, but no logical analysis of this situation backs that up.

Exactly. Do we honestly think that players leave clubs because their agents force them to do so and they have no say in the matter?

I think he was happy, now Madrid are interested and he wants to leave, simple as that. Of course, I don't know anymore than you do or anyone for that matter. You are right that he hasn't acted like a dingdong about it, he's stayed quiet and it's unfair to comment on why he hasn't played in the last two preseason games, he might genuinely be injured.

Bale has - through his agent. Who do you think would have provided the media with all these little snippets? Its Bales agent. Who do you think gives orders to this agent? It is his client and his client is whome? Bale.

I dont think Bale has said anything per se but I do think its his agent leaking all this propaganda flimflam to the media who have in turn printed all that crap.

Im hearing such conflicting ITK that im not even sure I believe AVB in the media. I am certain though he does want to leave otherwise Bale will have shut this whole thing up by notifying his agent to shut his gob and relay the message that he is staying.

You'll pay for it all
You'll pay for it alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Our New Stadium
Levy Says You'll pay for it all

I would say quite the opposite - those who believe Bale has no part in this are the ones believing everything they read, or in this case what they dont read. I respect the fact you think its gonad*s, hell i hope you are right, but no logical analysis of this situation backs that up.

:ross::ross: How the hell can you believe something you have never read. :ross:

Bale has - through his agent. Who do you think would have provided the media with all these little snippets? Its Bales agent. Who do you think gives orders to this agent? It is his client and his client is whome? Bale.

I dont agree with your views at all regarding where the power lies in the agent-player relationship. Players arent very clever to say the least, whilst agents are cunning, know all the tricks of the trade and will do whatever they can to make a few quid.

You might say that a player should sack his agent if the agent oversteps the mark in what he says in the process....however that requires the player to be proactive and stand up to their agent, which they generally wont do as in a lot of cases they'r eprobably intimidated by them. Its too easy for the player to let the agent take the hassle and sort things out whilst the player buggers off to the golf course

I dont agree with your views at all regarding where the power lies in the agent-player relationship. Players arent very clever to say the least, whilst agents are cunning, know all the tricks of the trade and will do whatever they can to make a few quid.

You might say that a player should sack his agent if the agent oversteps the mark in what he says in the process....however that requires the player to be proactive and stand up to their agent, which they generally wont do as in a lot of cases they'r eprobably intimidated by them. Its too easy for the player to let the agent take the hassle and sort things out whilst the player buggers off to the golf course

Agree players aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

Also agree the players probably do let their agents do alot of the donkey work, you hear stories all the time about players not even having to worry about arranging for someone to come and do work on their house for example, the club or the agent probably organises it all.

But when it comes to football, I think most players know what they are doing. They have an idea of what clubs they like and would like to play for in the future should an offer come in. If West Ham came in for Bale and offered a brick load in wages, do you think we would be in this mess?

Oh one more thing, can you really see men like Christopher Samba and Romelu Lukaku for example being pushed around and intimidated by squirrely agents? :lol:

Back