• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ian Watkins

Is it just an Aus slang term? Feel free to internationalise it. I think it's an appropriate term for such scum.

Ah, thanks mate…I had (as self-suspected) misunderstood.

Me too!

I thought it was some kind of reference to rock music. My biggest problem with that wasn't the sweeping generalisation of rock musicians, it was the suggestion that someone in that band could be considered to be involved in rock music.

Me too!

I thought it was some kind of reference to rock music. My biggest problem with that wasn't the sweeping generalisation of rock musicians, it was the suggestion that someone in that band could be considered to be involved in rock music.

Or music in general.

Me too!

I smiled at that before (of course) returning to finding this whole thing (like we all do) a ****ing disgrace. It's weird. I know people who worked with them and knew him, and they all say they had no idea. I understand. Like corporate land, the entertainment industry hides sick sociopaths very well…

Re: Ian Watkins the new Savile.

Considering they knew what he was into and what he what he got up, **** them. They never reported him because of their financial connection to him.

Hang on…

…how do you conclude that? VERY dangerous thing to be saying. You're basically naming them as accomplices. Being a rock star who's into groupies and gets involved in orgies and drugs is not the same as what Watkins turned out to be. I'm not saying the former paints him in any glory either TBH, but I have to say that the notion his bandmates knew and covered it up is serious. You need serious proof for that. I can tell you that most bands who have been together for any number of years spend very little time with each other beyond gig and studio. If he developed these filthy behaviours over the last 5 years or so, I find it wholly possible that his bandmates had no idea the depths to which this scumbag had sunk.

As for the groupies on the message boards, yes, their commentaries should've been analysed to greater depth in hindsight, but frankly, the whole message board was like a massive troll/jealousy/groupie-fest, and as such, if you investigate that board, you'd never stop.

I think the single biggest breakdown was the developing isolation and separation which ALLOWED him to slip between the cracks. I've seen it with other bands (obviously not to this degree) but over time, when not onstage or in the studio the members want to do their own thing. They often become oblivious to even the slightest changes in their bandmates, and most certainly don't now how to approach a bandmate who seems, shall we say, a little more into 'partying' than usual. If his former band mates had any failing, it would've been in perhaps failing to confront him on any developing drug use they might have witnessed, but even then, if the guy was a sociopath then he'd be very convincing and probably throw them off course. Add to that he was 'their Ian'…and 'Ian' they'd known since childhood…

It's a horrific place to be frankly, and I suspect those ex bandmates are slaughtering themselves as I write mate...

To be honest I think the band knew all along.

I will be absolutely floored if police prove this point. I don't believe it at all. Sorry. The problem is, however that it only takes one person to cast the doubt, and suddenly it starts to stick as the rolling ball gets heavier with the desire for retribution.

The tragedy about the internet thing there Craig is that every band of even medium success will have a certain amount of psychotic stalkers. There are some very, very destructive people out there who will do many many things to smear someone. I suspect that the naming of Watkins on a forum such as that as being a 'pedophile' was instantly turned into a 'that's a stalker' thing/ignored on the basis of it being thought as such. Think about it. NO-ONE would've suspected that 'their Ian' was a baby rapist. A BABY RAPIST!!!! The words together seem impossible even as fiction!

I recently read a report from someone who knew him for years, and they delivered a stunning line, something like 'evil hides best in plain sight' and if ever there was an example…here's a link to that piece.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2013/11/_this_is_ian_watkins.php

I don't think he will get anything less than a life sentence, but unless he serves it in a special wing, he won't last more than 6 months.

Re: Ian Watkins the new Savile.

Hang on…

…how do you conclude that? VERY dangerous thing to be saying. You're basically naming them as accomplices. Being a rock star who's into groupies and gets involved in orgies and drugs is not the same as what Watkins turned out to be. I'm not saying the former paints him in any glory either TBH, but I have to say that the notion his bandmates knew and covered it up is serious. You need serious proof for that. I can tell you that most bands who have been together for any number of years spend very little time with each other beyond gig and studio. If he developed these filthy behaviours over the last 5 years or so, I find it wholly possible that his bandmates had no idea the depths to which this scumbag had sunk.

As for the groupies on the message boards, yes, their commentaries should've been analysed to greater depth in hindsight, but frankly, the whole message board was like a massive troll/jealousy/groupie-fest, and as such, if you investigate that board, you'd never stop.

I think the single biggest breakdown was the developing isolation and separation which ALLOWED him to slip between the cracks. I've seen it with other bands (obviously not to this degree) but over time, when not onstage or in the studio the members want to do their own thing. They often become oblivious to even the slightest changes in their bandmates, and most certainly don't now how to approach a bandmate who seems, shall we say, a little more into 'partying' than usual. If his former band mates had any failing, it would've been in perhaps failing to confront him on any developing drug use they might have witnessed, but even then, if the guy was a sociopath then he'd be very convincing and probably throw them off course. Add to that he was 'their Ian'…and 'Ian' they'd known since childhood…

It's a horrific place to be frankly, and I suspect those ex bandmates are slaughtering themselves as I write mate...

You can't blame drug use for anything like that. I've taken lots of different drugs multiple times, none of them tun me into a nasty individual, especially not the sort of monste he became. I think it was something he's probably always been and I very much doubt the 'attempted' (I use that term very lightly as the judge accepted the plea mostly to save the jury from having to watch the evidence of what he actually did) rape was the only one, and he's obviously gone further whilst stone cold sober.

Thing is if his victims are babys they can't even talk... and if they'e young children they probably won't undestand what's gone on. I dread to think how many victims there actually might be.

I will be absolutely floored if police prove this point. I don't believe it at all. Sorry. The problem is, however that it only takes one person to cast the doubt, and suddenly it starts to stick as the rolling ball gets heavier with the desire for retribution.

The tragedy about the internet thing there Craig is that every band of even medium success will have a certain amount of psychotic stalkers. There are some very, very destructive people out there who will do many many things to smear someone. I suspect that the naming of Watkins on a forum such as that as being a 'pedophile' was instantly turned into a 'that's a stalker' thing/ignored on the basis of it being thought as such. Think about it. NO-ONE would've suspected that 'their Ian' was a baby rapist. A BABY RAPIST!!!! The words together seem impossible even as fiction!

I recently read a report from someone who knew him for years, and they delivered a stunning line, something like 'evil hides best in plain sight' and if ever there was an example…here's a link to that piece.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2013/11/_this_is_ian_watkins.php

I don't think he will get anything less than a life sentence, but unless he serves it in a special wing, he won't last more than 6 months.

I definantly know what you mean and you can't investigate things based on what's written on message boards. If police were to investigate every time a claim on the intenet is made police would be looking at Wengers laptop every 5 miniute from what we Spurs fans post.:lol:

What concerned me most about that board thing is these people were vey adamant and confident that he was a peadophile and that he'd been reported to the police but the police didn't do anything as they thought it would just be crazed fans. His ex-girlfreind repoted him and they did nothing at all. If I was to ring up right now though and say "The guy across the road from me has been watching child ****" they'd be round in no time.

Mate,
In no way was I suggesting that drug use leads to that. What I was saying was something different...as for the second bit, I have no idea what they would or wouldn't check.

How come it's a 35 year sentence which offers the possibility of him being released? If he is, as the judges say, one of the worst pedophiles they've ever seen, a danger to woman and children and showed no remorse than why not a proper life sentence which actually means life?

I don't know why they'd say "He's very very sick and a danger to everyone. Therefore we'll keep him for x ammount of years and then release him".

And yet if you legislated that scum like him should be castrated so he couldn't procreate, you'd have a bunch of do-gooders wailing about robbing him of his human rights to have a baby of his own.

How come it's a 35 year sentence which offers the possibility of him being released? If he is, as the judges say, one of the worst pedophiles they've ever seen, a danger to woman and children and showed no remorse than why not a proper life sentence which actually means life?

I don't know why they'd say "He's very very sick and a danger to everyone. Therefore we'll keep him for x ammount of years and then release him".

Think he'll survive the sentence? Famous and a kiddy fiddler? Be surprised if he's alive in 5 years

Can't say I'm surprised by the sentence, people in this country can't even defend themselves against burglars in their own homes without being prosecuted. I don't agree with the death penalty but there should be a mandatory life sentence for crimes as devious as this. Murderers, rapists and paedophiles should receive life with no chance of parole.

For anyone that is interested the judiciary case file is available to read. Someone I know posted it on facebook, but warned it is horrific. I haven't read it yet, and I'm not sure I'm going to. The first note from Mr Justice Royce reads,

Those who have appeared in these Courts at the Bar or on the Bench over
many years see and hear a large number of horrific cases. This case however
breaks new ground.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf

hopefully he will soffer a long painful and degrading death in jail soon...

I would not wish for anyone to die... but scum like this who as stated in court would repeat offend if given the chance should not be allowed to live

hopefully he will soffer a long painful and degrading death in jail soon...

I would not wish for anyone to die... but scum like this who as stated in court would repeat offend if given the chance should not be allowed to live

Death? Soon? Nah.

35 years of being beaten nearly to death would be better.

Back