• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

What a boost for the guy if he could return for the NLD and get on the scoresheet. Wouldnt do Soldado any harm if he could as well

It's a shame that any game he goes in to from here on in is pretty crucial, no more EL group stages for him to feel his way back in to fitness and the team so it'll take a lot of character for him to fight his way back in to the team. Of course I'm desperate for him to do it but I'm not sure if it's a realistic hope as his general demeanor from previous games doesn't inspire me with confidence that he has the arrogance/cojones to come in and really make a difference.

That said early Bale also had quite a nervous uneasy approach, maybe he'll work it out of his system. Perhaps he'll get more of a chance to flourish under Sherwood as opposed to playing under AVB...

thats actually a good point

but you would hope that sherwood would adopt a Harry redknapp approach and play lamela in win / win situations. Just to get the boys confidence up

Wonder whether he'll make it through the entire season without starting a league game at WHL.

Only at Spurs could a £30m player be injured the whole time or never picked when injury free... Apart from the time AVB chucked him in away at City INA move that felt like cheap point scoring

Argentinean Tottenham account, @ArgHotspur claims Erik Lamela returns to training in two days time on the 5th of March. #THFC

From @HotspurRelated Twitter account

Good stuff, so say 2 weeks from now he may be in contention for a game?

I actually think a high pressure game may bring something out of him, I mean playing in the Europa with a half team didn't get the best out of him, but maybe important, big matches will?

We managed to get Eriksen playing at a consistent level. Imagine if we could now get Soldado scoring at a consistent level and then Lamela coming into his own for the rest of the season when he returns to fitness. Big end to the season.

i'm confident that the footloose-and-fancy-free type of football is just what lamela needs to show off his attacking prowess. not too many games left, get him in!

Various reports in the media tonight stating that he will be back in training tomorrow.

Great news if he's back training - would love to see him back for the run in to get som more PL experience. Would do him good for next season, when I'm hopeful we'll see more of his talent.

Twitter / R9Soldado: Feliz cumpleaños @Coco_Lamela / Happy birthday @Coco_Lamela
Bh56tszIQAEskZ2.jpg

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc TS on Lamela: "We’re hoping he’ll be back before end of season, but I don’t think he's anywhere near resuming training or selection."

[tweet]441955226502053889[/tweet]

Good stuff, so say 2 weeks from now he may be in contention for a game?

I actually think a high pressure game may bring something out of him, I mean playing in the Europa with a half team didn't get the best out of him, but maybe important, big matches will?

Probably best for him to target the Sunderland match. Liverpool away would be too big of a game to make a comeback, but after that we have that final run of 6 games against less-stronger oppostion.
Fulham at home would actually be an ideal game for him to start in

Injured...yehhhh of courseeee heeee issssss:ross:

There could be an element of this. However, I'm hoping the club and the player have had a discussion whereby both are determined to get the best out of him and get him ready to really live up to his potential. Perhaps by beefing him up? Letting him settle gradually into London.

Just musings, no actual evidence of this. Best way to get him PL-ready is by actually playing him!

Sounds like my prediction of 2 weeks before potential selection is way off then!! Although I've no idea what's supposed to be wrong with him.

I see some suggesting he's not actually injured so what do you think the deal is?

If he wasn't actually injured dont you think he'd be kicking up a lot more of a fuss considering its World Cup year? I'm sure the media in Argentina would have picked up on this at the very least....

Sherwood seems the type that wont rush back a player returning from a longish term injury

Back