• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

So deserved a goal at the end of this

There is a perfect opportunity to pick Kane out free in the box there. The problem is that it needs a right foot pass. Because Lamela refuses to use his right foot for anything other than standing on, he has to take it another stride by when the gap has closed.

Lamela2.jpg

A right foot pass to Kane there gives him a shot at goal or after his first touch what is likely an easy pass to Son for a tap in.

Last edited:
What I love about Lamela, is that in every game he does something that is beautiful and incredible! That's why I love watching players like him! Tell me this isn't worth watching!

Lamela has some skill. His assists and goal account don't reflect that.

Sadly no one will buy him due to his injury record.

Last edited:
There is a perfect opportunity to pick Kane out free in the box there. The problem is that it needs a right foot pass. Because Lamela refuses to use his right foot for anything other than standing on, he has to take it another stride by when the gap has closed.

Lamela2.jpg

A right foot pass to Kane there gives Kant a shot at goal or after his first touch what is likely an easy pass to Son for a tap in.

I watched that several times, that frame is misleading

He's carrying a lot of momentum passing the previous player, by time he gets to the ball at time of this frame (stretching), right or left foot the gap is closed (I'd argue if the gap was what the frame shows he could outside of left make either of those passes)

Lamela2.jpg

A right foot pass to Kane there gives Kant a shot at goal or after his first touch what is likely an easy pass to Son for a tap in.
No doubt that Lamela is very one footed. No doubt he would be a better player if he was better with his right.

This situation though. That's not an easy pass, at all.

There is no doubt imo that Lamela would/could be world class if he could use both feet, sadly he can not plus he has injury problems which hold him back.

I watched that several times, that frame is misleading

He's carrying a lot of momentum passing the previous player, by time he gets to the ball at time of this frame (stretching), right or left foot the gap is closed (I'd argue if the gap was what the frame shows he could outside of left make either of those passes)
A properly good player who uses his weaker foot for something other than standing on would play the pass to Kane. Because Lamela can't use his right foot he has to try to wait until the ball is on his left before he releases it. He ends up hitting an awkward pass with the outside of his left foot that is going behind Kane to their number 21.

There is no doubt imo that Lamela would/could be world class if he could use both feet, sadly he can not plus he has injury problems which hold him back.

The left foot thing I'm not sure about, so many people think all decent footballers are two footed, yes Lamela is outrageously so, but lets not pretend there aren't decent (even predictable) one footed players.

I think injuries is what killed it for him, and my observation recently is he's playing about as good as he's ever played for us, he's passing players, he's stronger on the ball, his movement is better. It's the age old "what if" with Lamela, i.e. what if he was fit for 6 months, how good would he be?

The left foot thing I'm not sure about, so many people think all decent footballers are two footed, yes Lamela is outrageously so, but lets not pretend there aren't decent (even predictable) one footed players.

I think injuries is what killed it for him, and my observation recently is he's playing about as good as he's ever played for us, he's passing players, he's stronger on the ball, his movement is better. It's the age old "what if" with Lamela, i.e. what if he was fit for 6 months, how good would he be?
You're right that the one footedness get overstated in regards to quality players, plenty overly favour a specific foot. The thing with Lamela though is he isn't good enough with his single foot to make up for the fact he refuses to use his right.

Too many times he's unable to shoot or even pass the ball because his body shape is all wrong, even a small amount of willingness to use his right would make him a better player.

You're right that the one footedness get overstated in regards to quality players, plenty overly favour a specific foot. The thing with Lamela though is he isn't good enough with his single foot to make up for the fact he refuses to use his right.

Too many times he's unable to shoot or even pass the ball because his body shape is all wrong, even a small amount of willingness to use his right would make him a better player.

I don't mind a player preferring one foot over the other. I prefer my right foot, but Lamela is so one footed he can not even do simple 5 yard passes with his weak foot. It is the point I was trying to make in the other thread. Bit of work on the training pitch would make him so much better.

The fact that it's always left footed players being called out for it shows how much confirmation bias is being used.

I don't mind a player preferring one foot over the other. I prefer my right foot, but Lamela is so one footed he can not even do simple 5 yard passes with his weak foot. It is the point I was trying to make in the other thread. Bit of work on the training pitch would make him so much better.
That’s the issue
Other left footers will still sue their right
Bale does....
Davies does ...
Hugo will
Lamela literally will kick the ball out rather then use his right leg

The fact that it's always left footed players being called out for it shows how much confirmation bias is being used.

Because it is usually left footed players who refuse to use their weaker foot and are one footed; Lamela, Lo Celso etc. Reggie to be fair has a half decent right foot.

Just limiting the discussion to our players, struggling to think of right footed players in the squad who flat out refuse to use their left foot. Look how good Kane, Son and Toby are with their so called weaker foot.

Because it is usually left footed players who refuse to use their weaker foot and are one footed; Lamela, Lo Celso etc. Reggie to be fair has a half decent right foot.

Just limiting the discussion to our players, struggling to think of right footed players in the squad who flat out refuse to use their left foot. Look how good Kane, Son and Toby are with their so called weaker foot.
Confirmation bias at its finest.

Back