• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Close. I was riding near a seafront yesterday and did shout CNUT at a huge truck whistling by with a giant Trump flag. True story!
How old are you?
When you put some pictures up of yourself I’d have guess 45 but you posts about last antics add 10 years to that

Much as I hate the play-acting, it's part of the game and, at the top level, you have to either deal with it or lose out.

The closest recent parallel that comes to mind is Son on Rudiger. Was the petulant little kick a dangerous assault? Nope. But was it retaliation and intent? Yep. Therefore I can't argue that Sonny shouldn't have been sent off under the current rules and guidelines.

Exactly the same for Martial and Lamela. It's something I hate about the modern game but, if you want to win, you've got to play smart.

It's not like Lamela went in hard to break someone's leg, for example.

Just got to the Arsenal game on MotD2. If the Sheffield United player goes down, Luiz goes off. That shouldn't be the case - I mean, WTF is VAR even for if not that? - but that's the way the game is.

Maybe we're all missing something here, throwing a punch at lamela, maybe he was sent off for his own protection.

I would hardly call it a punch. Cynical from Lamela and stupid from Martial. Tbh I think both deserved yellow cards. Shaw on Moura was far worse. Pre meditated scythe which could have really injured Moura. I don’t really like seeing players play act but everyone does it and I’m pleased we’ve got some nasty players in our team.

Just got to the Arsenal game on MotD2. If the Sheffield United player goes down, Luiz goes off. That shouldn't be the case - I mean, WTF is VAR even for if not that? - but that's the way the game is.
Hence why lamela has to go down to make the decision for the ref
It’s not right but it is what it is
He was sent from for violent conduct as follows

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

So in lamela head it was more than negligible but I better make sure

I would hardly call it a punch. Cynical from Lamela and stupid from Martial. Tbh I think both deserved yellow cards. Shaw on Moura was far worse. Pre meditated scythe which could have really injured Moura. I don’t really like seeing players play act but everyone does it and I’m pleased we’ve got some nasty players in our team.
Shaws was worse

he only looks to hack him down so it’s serious foul play

Ok. If Lamela hadn’t gone to ground does anyone think VAR would have made it a red? Do we know if lamela’s yellow was for his flick at Martial or “simulation”? And it’s about time we played Manure and those other clubs with diving, play acting playas.

Reactions: DTA
Much as I hate the play-acting, it's part of the game and, at the top level, you have to either deal with it or lose out.

The closest recent parallel that comes to mind is Son on Rudiger. Was the petulant little kick a dangerous assault? Nope. But was it retaliation and intent? Yep. Therefore I can't argue that Sonny shouldn't have been sent off under the current rules and guidelines.

Exactly the same for Martial and Lamela. It's something I hate about the modern game but, if you want to win, you've got to play smart.

It's not like Lamela went in hard to break someone's leg, for example.
But we all went mad about Rudiger’s acting after that game. I guess the next time it happens to us those that are fine with Lamela’s actions today will also be fine with whichever opponent does the same to us?

A bit of Mourinho ethic coming through. Be a clam if you have to - just get the win. Martial's hand brushed the face and in a VAR world it is technically a red, whereas Lamela didn't quite catch the head. If it was against us we'd be upset. But Mourinho prepared the players better for this. They know the rules. They know what to do.

But we all went mad about Rudiger’s acting after that game. I guess the next time it happens to us those that are fine with Lamela’s actions today will also be fine with whichever opponent does the same to us?
I absolutely wasn't happy with Rudiger, but I never argued that it wasn't a red card for Son. If a player raises his hands (or feet, I guess) in retaliation, it's a sending off. I don't have to like it, but I've got to accept it.

I think I got the comparison.... ‘everyone else was doing it so we might as well do it as well’

Na just an odd comparison

Being OK with the odd cheat in sport isn't the gateway to being OK with slavery or real world problems

He should have just said he wasn't OK with it

Reactions: DTA
Back