• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

fudge me only Spurs fans could p1ss on an away slaughtering of Man United making it sound like we are buying blood diamonds from footless kids in Rhodesia

Do you even bother to read what I wrote? Did I criticise our performance or result? Or join the character assassination of Sanchez? One player did something that neither he or the club should be proud of. I unlike many thought we would win today and I dont think the sending off would have effected the result. This incident just marrs a great result.

This is pointless you fail to see what he did was wrong, making excuses for what has happen in the past is an hopeless argument. I've know for a long time sports fans have little idea of the meaning of sport and just see winning is everything. No point in rules or respect just let teams batter one an other and last man standing wins.

Absolutely NOT the case.
Only a blind man would tell you they didn't see that Lamela's action was pantomime and poor form.
The truth is that Erik Lamela has not dragged football this way, that has been done for a couple of decades by various forces within and outside the immediate game, not to mention they money.
To love your club and modern football will require a certain acquiescence to one's own hypocrisy. I am anti third-world slave labour yet bought the new away shirts. I am against corporatization of stadiums yet think our new stadium is the absolute nuts.
The deep meaning of sport -and indeed life- has been taken from us a long time ago. We can still operate with a moral code, absolutely, and I'd wager most people here do. But there should also be a recognition that the entire sphere of sport has shifted.

What was more bizarre is that VAR checked it and upheld the red. So there must have been a legitimacy to the decision (again, Lamela's reaction was dramatic to say the least and bricky to be sure).

This is the level I expect from someone who thinks unsporting behaviour is fine if your team do it. I expect you could knock me down as I'm in my 70s and have to walk with a stick for support. I'm sorry.

Trust me, I empathize totally. I lament the lack of scruples in all walks of life today, and try to hold myself to a high standard. Today however, I simply cannot allow the fact that what he did was poor to overshadow the fact that Martial DID slap him (which is a red) and that we smashed them 6-1 at theirs. Be well mate, I always enjoy your posts and spirit. In your 70s? You have the apparent energy of a 53 year old ;-)

I dont feel bad for Lamela's theatrics today. We were robbed by a refereeing decision against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, so this one goes some way to balancing it up

Absolutely NOT the case.
Only a blind man would tell you they didn't see that Lamela's action was pantomime and poor form.
The truth is that Erik Lamela has not dragged football this way, that has been done for a couple of decades by various forces within and outside the immediate game, not to mention they money.
To love your club and modern football will require a certain acquiescence to one's own hypocrisy. I am anti third-world slave labour yet bought the new away shirts. I am against corporatization of stadiums yet think our new stadium is the absolute nuts.
The deep meaning of sport -and indeed life- has been taken from us a long time ago. We can still operate with a moral code, absolutely, and I'd wager most people here do. But there should also be a recognition that the entire sphere of sport has shifted.

What was more bizarre is that VAR checked it and upheld the red. So there must have been a legitimacy to the decision (again, Lamela's reaction was dramatic to say the least and bricky to be sure).

I am not going to let it get in the way of my joy today. Joy thievery is everywhere these days mate, try and fight it off wherever possible.

You would have to molest a one legged chicken to maybe disgrace football

Do you even bother to read what I wrote? Did I criticise our performance or result? Or join the character assassination of Sanchez? One player did something that neither he or the club should be proud of. I unlike many thought we would win today and I dont think the sending off would have effected the result. This incident just marrs a great result.

I did but you comparison between sport and slavery was odd

I like your posts and kinda see where you are coming from I just don't agree that we can be so holy in today's game

In 1985, I found myself at Tramps for a lig. Early days of my career and all that...Souness was at the bar. I was still so angry over his filthy assault on Galvin in '82, that I squeezed past people up behind him at the bar, shouted c-u-n-t loudly and promptly made sure I hid behind someone as he looked around with a flash of anger in his eye. C-u-n-t!

You weren't driving along Brighton seafront yesterday morning shouting cnut at a cyclist were you?

Back