• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

its one of those games when you see what he brings to the team, his fight, he can finish and his team spirit. But just pass if off a bit more mate ;)

Did it more in second half, noticeably so .. and his game went up a notch. Hopefully he continues to do so.

Really good game tonight
On the radio they were adamant he would be sent off after 5 mins... little did they know

They don't know our boy ... he's a master of riding that edge .. for someone who brickhouses all the fudging time, he knows how to just stay out of the sending off place.

From the performance agaisnt Cheat$ki in the Haribo Cup I think Lamela can do a decent job as a Kane fill-in. Mainly because he's the type of player that will never stop chasing, and pressuring, and sh1thousing and unsettling the defense. That kind of dogged, gritty, nasty attitude will keep the opportunity defenders on their toes and open up spaces and chances for others flooding forwards.

Reactions: DTA
He did his usual, ran his ass off .. but

- First half classic Coco, frustrating, held on to ball too much
- Second half, obviously got told to pass, he did, and suddenly was much better.
- Took both the goal and penalty well
- Took the striker role for 70 odd minutes ..

If he can play more like the second half, is really a great option for games like this
I don't really disagree at all. But it's worth noting that we as a team played much better in the second half, he got the ball in a bit more space and there was much better movement around him.

There's some truth to him holding on to the ball for too long at times, seems indecisive, or perhaps looking for the perfect pass that doesn't exist when the obvious good pass would have done just fine. But sometimes people seem to see that as a flaw even in situations where the pass was difficult.

He does a job, good squad player, not at the level of our first choice players. But a good option to have none the less. I will forever wonder if things had panned out differently without all the injuries, if he had been allowed to develop, grow in confidence.

I don't really disagree at all. But it's worth noting that we as a team played much better in the second half, he got the ball in a bit more space and there was much better movement around him.

There's some truth to him holding on to the ball for too long at times, seems indecisive, or perhaps looking for the perfect pass that doesn't exist when the obvious good pass would have done just fine. But sometimes people seem to see that as a flaw even in situations where the pass was difficult.

He does a job, good squad player, not at the level of our first choice players. But a good option to have none the less. I will forever wonder if things had panned out differently without all the injuries, if he had been allowed to develop, grow in confidence.

I like your point about difficult pass. for whatever reason lamela seems to attract opposition players to him, so although we have someone standing in 10 yards of space lamela is surrounded by three players cutting the pass off.
When he has a bit of space and support he can pick very good penetrative passes.

I love him for this. He's a limited player, often a flawed player, but, in his head, he knows what it is to win. To fight, to bleed, to hustle, hassle, harry and never give up.

United complaining about his gamesmanship - f*ck right off. 30 years of gamesmanship, penalties every game, red cards not given, ghost goals given...for once Lamela used all his nous to turn it against them, in a game they already got their customary soft penalty in, and they still complain.

We needed that to turn the tide - a bit of Latin craft, from our most mentally resilient player.

We could probably get rid of one or two of Lamela Moura or Sissoko BUT d'you know what all 3 are warriors and they may not be our best players but they give everything, and at points where your best players aren't at their best you are gonna need players that give everything.

Back