• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Lamela is Lamela and people judged him on being the new Bale or this,that the other....is he class...no...can he do a truly capable squad role...100%

On my own here but I thought it was disgraceful, not what I expect from a Tottenham Hotspur player.

You are on your own .. go read the prince .. we have tried this route before and get fudged every time.

With or without him going down, it was a red card (a slap to the face is a strait sending off), but he was fudging smart enough to know he had to embellish it to get any reaction from the ref.

If you want proof, look at Shaw's tackle on Lucas in 2nd half, fudging ball wasn't even in the frame .. how the fudge is that a yellow?

People who want to sell Lamela need their fudging head examined ..

Great skill set, dribbling and work rate, just wish he'd release the ball earlier. Don't like the histrionics(what a weird word) but will overlook it today as we've had plenty go against us down the years.

Did Martial strike him in the face? Sure that's what the replay showed- is there a video clip/freeze frame showing it? Or am i misremembering?

Would be nice to have a pic cos I've got two united fans arguing otherwise

here's the replay

poor quality stills

martial-red.jpg

0_Screen-Shot-2020-10-04-at-170544.png

On my own here but I thought it was disgraceful, not what I expect from a Tottenham Hotspur player.

I'm mixed, either way it was a risk with that forearm aimed at Martial and it's obvious he completely made the most of the reaction. Firstly it wouldn't have made any difference to the result but is it really what you want to see the kids doing on playgrounds across the country?

Totally understand not being in favour of it. We've developed an eye for an eye mentality somewhat as a fanbase and can be a tad too quick to jump at the chance to enjoy this kind of thing..The mystery lies in VAR's interpretation of it in my mind.

A delayed reaction after you've been chinned isn't unnatural. Looks worse in slow motion. But fudge them, they'd do the same to us given the chance.

As I said I'm alone, I dont think it's ok and would be fuming if someone did that against us, but I see you all accept it and hope you will not moan when it happens.

I view it as even-ing up the Saudi Sportswashing Machine decision a bit. We might well still have won, but I think we got a bit lucky today with the Martial decision - it wasn't as 'wrong' as the Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Dier decision but it feels to me a bit like it was payback for that one

Back