• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

When I first heard "hip injury" I thought 3 months. NO medical expertise whatsoever but vague memories of other footballers with hip problems having a real bad time for ages. Let's hope i am wrong.....Eric is a footballing GHod as far as i'm concerned and our team is much stronger with his relentless energy. He really has improved the defensive part of his game, and has so much drive and momentum - a vital piece of the jigsaw.....

When I first heard "hip injury" I thought 3 months. NO medical expertise whatsoever but vague memories of other footballers with hip problems having a real bad time for ages. Let's hope i am wrong.....Eric is a footballing GHod as far as i'm concerned and our team is much stronger with his relentless energy. He really has improved the defensive part of his game, and has so much drive and momentum - a vital piece of the jigsaw.....
Dembele had a dodgy hip for a while. Come back soon, Erik, we (or some of us at least) miss you.

I assume the evolution bit, not the fact that Poch as FINALLY admitted that he's not a doctor.
Good question. Yes I was referring to the 'evolution' bit but, the implication that Poch does not have full medical knowledge and os not a doctor is a bit disturbing as for me Poch s the master of everything.

Aldereweireld was signed to upgrade on Fazio and Chiriches as you say. Players far removed from the quality of Eriksen, Lamela, Alli and Son.

Of course if we thought an attacking midfielder who could slot right in and be at that level was available and affordable we should sign them. I don't think the club is looking around at good value targets that are better than Lamela and thinking "nah, better not". But look around, what does money get you these days in terms of goal scoring attacking midfielders and forwards?

United paid £89m for Pogba, City £37m for Sane, Liverpool £34m for Mane, Chelsea £33m for Batshuayi, we paid £30m for Sissoko, Leicester £29m for Slimani, Palace £27m for Benteke, West Ham £20m for Ayew. (That's not cherry picking, that's the forwards/attacking midfielders for £20m going this summer listed on wikipedia at least). How many of those would be an obvious short term improvement on Lamela? How many of those could we actually have gotten?

Many fans were stoked to see us sign Sissoko. A PL proven player. Finally Levy supported the manager and all that supposedly good stuff. I would rather have signed two £15m younger talents for Pochettino to work his magic with.

When Pochettino took over a lot of our fans had seen enough of Walker, Vertonghen and Rose (just to mention a few) to want to see the back of them. If we had looked for the short term transfer upgrade on those with a "standard" 50% hit rate we would have signed 3, 1-2 would have failed, we would have spent again the next summer and maybe at this point if we were lucky we would have ended up with 3 players close to the current level the 3 initial players are now at with a lot of instability in the process. After spending what? £70m, just as a guesstimate? Thank fudge we didn't and instead trusted Pochettino to develop the players further.

It's a shame sigurrdson and holtby weren't still around to also benefit from that Poch magic.

Both would be significant improvements on sissoko.

It's a shame sigurrdson and holtby weren't still around to also benefit from that Poch magic.

Both would be significant improvements on sissoko.

I thought holtby especially would fit into poch's plans, but apparently not. Haven't done too well after leaving is though, as far as I've gathered. Loved to have him and his energy running about for us, to be honest.

I thought holtby especially would fit into poch's plans, but apparently not. Haven't done too well after leaving is though, as far as I've gathered. Loved to have him and his energy running about for us, to be honest.

I went to the Hamburg Bayern game and he was busy as Usual but wasn't playing a good standard

He was a bit like a dog chasing a ball in the park. I think that Poch looks for a little more composure.

Back