• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

So is that really an update? How long is 'as soon as possible', next week or next year? Hope this is not going to be another Toby series of updates.

Take your pick :

Ben Pearce‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Pochettino says Lamela is back in training and could possibly be back against Southampton on December 28.

Tom Allnutt‏@tomallnuttPA
Pochettino says Dembele out. Lamela back in training but probably not back before next week. Janssen still out. #thfc

Spurs Mercury‏@SpursMercury
#THFC injury update from Pochettino - Lamela is getting closer, Dembele out for tomorrow and Janssen out until 2017

Daily Hotspur ‏@Daily_Hotspur 2h2 hours ago
Mauricio Pochettino has confrimed that Erik Lamela has returned to first team training and aims to return before the new year. #THFC

From the Evening Standard report : Pochettino on Lamela : “We will see in the next few days when he can be available but it is hard to give a date. Maybe the weekend is too early, but perhaps he can play against Southampton; we will see. We hope he can train again with the group as soon as possible.

Take your pick :

Ben Pearce‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Pochettino says Lamela is back in training and could possibly be back against Southampton on December 28.

Tom Allnutt‏@tomallnuttPA
Pochettino says Dembele out. Lamela back in training but probably not back before next week. Janssen still out. #thfc

Spurs Mercury‏@SpursMercury
#THFC injury update from Pochettino - Lamela is getting closer, Dembele out for tomorrow and Janssen out until 2017

Daily Hotspur ‏@Daily_Hotspur 2h2 hours ago
Mauricio Pochettino has confrimed that Erik Lamela has returned to first team training and aims to return before the new year. #THFC

From the Evening Standard report : Pochettino on Lamela : “We will see in the next few days when he can be available but it is hard to give a date. Maybe the weekend is too early, but perhaps he can play against Southampton; we will see. We hope he can train again with the group as soon as possible.

That's actually very helpful mate cheers

You're right. We should just accept everything the club tells us, dare not to question anything and follow like mindless drones. After all, we're only the paying customer.

And don't some paying customers find enough to moan about without the date players are returning from injury.

And don't some paying customers find enough to moan about without the date players are returning from injury.

I don't want to be drawn into a customer service/moaning debate in general, I'm just concerned with the issue at hand i.e. receiving updates and feedback from the club and challenging it from time to time not just accepting everything the club filters down to us as gospel and not question anything.

If Sky or BT were installing new equipment at my house or fixing a fault with my telephone or broadband for example, I personally wouldn't mind knowing when they were going to visit my house rather than hearing them say we'll be round anytime from now and June 2017 and accepting it.

I don't want to be drawn into a customer service/moaning debate in general, I'm just concerned with the issue at hand i.e. receiving updates and feedback from the club and challenging it from time to time not just accepting everything the club filters down to us as gospel and not question anything.

If Sky or BT were installing new equipment at my house or fixing a fault with my telephone or broadband for example, I personally wouldn't mind knowing when they were going to visit my house rather than hearing them say we'll be round anytime from now and June 2017 and accepting it.

Well the example you mentioned is hardly a like for like is it. However if you feel the need to moan about the way the club announce injury updates then that is your right, maybe a line to Poch saying how tinkled off you are may change that situation. ;)

Well the example you mentioned is hardly a like for like is it. However if you feel the need to moan about the way the club announce injury updates then that is your right, maybe a line to Poch saying how tinkled off you are may change that situation. ;)

It's not solely about Poch delivering injury updates. The way the club updates us and delivers news when it comes to ticket news, stadium updates, kick off times just to name a few are all important and a key part of the club's customer service.

Football fans are already treated with little regard by just about everyone whether that be football associations, local authorities etc. Football clubs do themselves no favours sometimes with the way they treat their paying customers, but some fans are clearly OK with it and just accept the poor customer service as part of the experience.

Again, this is not a rant purely at Poch for not sending me an email with Erik Lamela's injury return time-frame just for clarity.

It's not solely about Poch delivering injury updates. The way the club updates us and delivers news when it comes to ticket news, stadium updates, kick off times just to name a few are all important and a key part of the club's customer service.

Football fans are already treated with little regard by just about everyone whether that be football associations, local authorities etc. Football clubs do themselves no favours sometimes with the way they treat their paying customers, but some fans are clearly OK with it and just accept the poor customer service as part of the experience.

Again, this is not a rant purely at Poch for not sending me an email with Erik Lamela's injury return time-frame just for clarity.
You're shifting the goalposts here Jurgen.

It is not fair to expect a timeline for the return of an injured player. Poch just doesn't know. They try him out, test him, see how he reacts, see how the swelling goes, see if he is stiff in the morning (oo-er) work him again that day, see how he feels, get a measure of his fitness... Pock just doesn't know the exact timeline.

But for other things like tickets, kick offs etc, that is different.

It seems I have stirred up a hornet's nest with my reaction to the Poch update. I was just frustrated by the 'as soon as possible' line as it really could be anything. Even if he had said a few weeks it would have given a better idea.

No idea why the original quote was corrected to animal photos. Strange.

Any news on this lad? I miss him... Is it a hip inhury which is keeping him out? What was the business with his brother?

Any news on this lad? I miss him... Is it a hip inhury which is keeping him out? What was the business with his brother?
Before christmas he was expected to be in the squad for Southampton or Watford. Still listed as injured. I want him back more than I want a shiny new signing!

C1QE6cPWEAESb1U.jpg:small

Follow
Tottenham Hotspur

✔@SpursOfficial

TEAM NEWS: "@JanVertonghen & @kylewalker2 are available again. @ErikLamela still out but is training hard & working on fitness." - Mauricio

2:01 PM - 3 Jan 2017

Back