• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

actually, to me its not just about the money any more.

I think we sometimes forget these people are human, and I will make the same argument for Lamela as I did for Bobby, its time for us to let them get a chance to resurrect their career.

Let them go, get back some money as part of it .. better for both parties
But I also still hope he an come good for us. Pochs still trying to find a way to get the best out of this squad and additions and with a tweak here or there it could work for him.
But I'm a dreamer and I don't think it's likely

You're missing my point, when we didn't have a corner taker who could clear the first man there was a lot of moans because we created nothing from corners. Now that someone can it doesn't count as a chance, which is it?
Ignore that it's lamella (I know it's his post)
Are comers properly taken chances or not? Or are Spurs just to fickle?

Set pieces are important of course, but you can't pick someone purely on that basis. There is no way he should be first choice anymore. I thought he should be last season just because he was better than Townsend and that we owed it to him and ourselves to give him a full season in the side and live with the growing pains. But he did show enough improvement last season to warrant sticking with him.

Play Pritchard or N'Jie and put Lamela on the bench.

So in essence he puts in a good corner, which i think to be fair to the guy he does do a lot of the time.

Minus corners, Lamela managed five assists last season to Eriksen's one, despite playing the equivalent of 10 fewer games(in terms of total minutes) so how do we explain that? We can blame the players for not moving for Eriksen but Lamela seemed to find them.

Last edited:
Minus corners, Lamela managed five assists last season to Eriksen's one, despite playing the equivalent of 10 fewer games(in terms of total minutes) so how do we explain that? We can blame the players for not moving for Eriksen but Lamela seemed to find them.

Well I think 2 of those 5 were fouls that Eriksen subsequently converted. But with the fear of incurring the wrath of a lot of people, Lamela offers a creativity by beating a man and then picking a pass. He has not done it consistently and is infuriating to watch because his decision making is poor, but it is that quality that has resulted in his success at Roma and why he's picked for the international team.

We may as well keep him for this season. If he gets a chance and rises to the challenge then great. If not, then we're not gonna lose much more money on him than we already have, as I don't think his stock could get much lower.

If last season is anything to go by, Poch will give a few of the familiar faces about a dozen games before he bins them off for promising youngsters who are waiting for their chance.

We may as well keep him for this season. If he gets a chance and rises to the challenge then great. If not, then we're not gonna lose much more money on him than we already have, as I don't think his stock could get much lower.

If last season is anything to go by, Poch will give a few of the familiar faces about a dozen games before he bins them off for promising youngsters who are waiting for their chance.

This for me as well, he is still only 23 and another season here will not make much difference to his price if we do sell him next season.

1. Mazy run and dinked cross to Chadli vs QPR(h)
2. Slide ball to Chadli vs Ar5ena1(a)
3. Slide ball to Kane vs Liverpool(a)
4. Slide ball to Kane vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine(a)
5. Through ball to Chadli vs Hull(h)

Cheers for this, people were making it sound like the majority of his assists were from corners a while back, i think this shows that was not the case.

I think it's a problem shared by all our attacking players really - not enough runs made in behind the defense - hopefully N'Jie and (fingers crossed) Berahino will remidy that somewhat, Berahino especially as im sure i read somewhere he scored more from through balls than any other player last season - will be interesting to see who would provide him with more chances to score, should he sign

1. Mazy run and dinked cross to Chadli vs QPR(h)
2. Slide ball to Chadli vs Ar5ena1(a)
3. Slide ball to Kane vs Liverpool(a)
4. Slide ball to Kane vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine(a)
5. Through ball to Chadli vs Hull(h)

I stand corrected! I had read elsewhere that two of his assists last season were fouls that Eriksen later converted

I'm all for it provided he doesn't start any of the next few league games and we give Pritchard a run of games.

I'm gutted that it didn't work for him, there's a player in there somewhere. But, it was time for him to be moved on, for whatever reason, it just wasn't clicking here :(

Anyone else think that the reason that eriksen gets less assists is because he can score from the pass he has taken himself and does do that

An alternative view may be the be that eriskens passes are great but the chances get fecked up by the inferior player receiving the ball like the chance vs Stoke where Chadli passed it back to Buttkand for what would have been easier to score

Anyone else think that the reason that eriksen gets less assists is because he can score from the pass he has taken himself and does do that

An alternative view may be the be that eriskens passes are great but the chances get fecked up by the inferior player receiving the ball like the chance vs Stoke where Chadli passed it back to Buttkand for what would have been easier to score

There's no doubt he's far more confident shooting than Lamela for example.

Is he definitely gone? At least we are being decisive this window with selling those that Poch doesn't want. Seems a strange decision for him to start the other day though.

Wheeeeeey let's celebrate getting rid of another player who regardless if he was good or in this case awful we won't bother replacing in the market.

Back