• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Time to sell him on for £15m. every week I hope to be reminded of why I was so happy with his signing but, every week he fails to deliver the skills that I know he is capable of. It's time that he was released out of his, and our, misery. I really wanted him to succeed but it just won't happen.

His value is going down by the week and despite what people say about the financial intelligence of levy, I think the clever thing would have been to loan him back to Italy last winter and then got some money for him. The way it is going his contract will run down while we wait for him to improve and we will have a more expensive bentley on our hands.

Cut losses and do it quickly, right now it does not matter how much of a hit we take because he will not be worth anything in a season or two. The way we wasted the Bale money, if it were a government department questions would have been asked in the house. An inquest and review should have gone into that whole period. Maybe it did and that is why we have Mitchell.

Affy we brought him on to help us control a lead last week and and he got caught out every time on his side

I know

its weird but that is one thing i felt i coyuld trust him on. having said that..davies is not up to scratch..maybe lamela was just as surprised as we were with that conclusion otherwise Poch might have stressed that lamela and davies be attached that the hip

I know

its weird but that is one thing i felt i coyuld trust him on. having said that..davies is not up to scratch..maybe lamela was just as surprised as we were with that conclusion otherwise Poch might have stressed that lamela and davies be attached that the hip

Davies not being up to scratch has nothing to do with lamella being tinkle poor

Davies not being up to scratch has nothing to do with lamella being tinkle poor
actually i am getting completely confused....lamela came on for dembele..and was on the right ... not the left

begging thy pardon

one has nothing to do with the other..i still trusted lamela with defensive work though....he let me down on that one...which was a surprise for me

Great post, losts of potential truths in here

Infact i actually think one of the reasons that Poch was hired was that the thought would be he would bring out the forcasted lamela in our current lamela...that would have definately been a question in the interview in my view

Agreed, although therein lies the reason I think you're off the mark when you say it's not out of the question he'll be sold this season. His 'book' value is what, £18m at the moment? We couldn't get near that for him IMO, and I don't think Levy will be prepared to let him go until he can get a price that requires less to be taken on the chin and written off. I wouldn't rule out a loan back to Italy or somewhere, though, in the hope his stock will rise again. In fact, that might be for the best. I've been saying I was happy for him to have another season to grow, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about that now.

Time to sell him on for £15m. every week I hope to be reminded of why I was so happy with his signing but, every week he fails to deliver the skills that I know he is capable of. It's time that he was released out of his, and our, misery. I really wanted him to succeed but it just won't happen.

Sorry but you're dreaming if you think we could get £15m for him. We massively overpaid for him before, so you should think that we signed him for say £15m-£20m, rather than £30m. I think we'd get perhaps £7m - £8m if we sold him today

Sorry but you're dreaming if you think we could get £15m for him. We massively overpaid for him before, so you should think that we signed him for say £15m-£20m, rather than £30m. I think we'd get perhaps £7m - £8m if we sold him today

We sold Soldado for £7m. Lamela has youth, untapped potential which clubs may believe that they can draw out of him & he was a success in the past in Serie A. If we sell him, it won't be less than for £10m.

Who will pay 15m for a player struggling to prove his worth ? Frankly, it is not worth to sell any of our player nowadays. We simply can't seem to buy many decent players anymore.

Last edited:
Not defending lamella per se but there was a lot of moans for long enough when we didn't have corner taker who couldn't clear the first man. Now we a decent corner taker the chances don't count?

Just saying

Not defending lamella per se but there was a lot of moans for long enough when we didn't have corner taker who couldn't clear the first man. Now we a decent corner taker the chances don't count?

Just saying

But a corner is a corner, it isnt a chance. Otherwise every long ball through the middle would be a chance surely? A free kick from your own half towards goal with the centre halves up, is that a chance?

I do agree that his corners are probably the best part of his game though. And we have had some terrible corner takers.

So a corner finding an attacking man isn't a chance? Is that not what the stat is, chance created from a corner?
You can paint it any way you want a properly taken corner is a chance.

So a corner finding an attacking man isn't a chance? Is that not what the stat is, chance created from a corner?
You can paint it any way you want a properly taken corner is a chance.

Yes but the statistic doesnt differentiate between a corner that your centre half heads against the crossbar and a corner that hits the first man, both are chances created.

By that model and ball booted in the opposition half is a chance.

A corner is a corner, if you score from it its an assist, its not always a chance.

Surely the corner stat goes someway towards backing up the Lamela view - nothing wrong with the technique, just can't use it in a move, only from a deadball / situation with more time to work in ( ie Serie A)

Back