• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Eriksen is not a very creative player. Nine times out of ten his attempts at setting up team mates fail (through balls straight at an opponent's feet mostly). Lamela posts very good numbers when it comes to chances created and assists.

You got me worried Jordi with that post.....WTF is he if he is not a creative player? Basically a corner/free kick taker??

You got me worried Jordi with that post.....WTF is he if he is not a creative player? Basically a corner/free kick taker??

Yes. Shooting is the only thing he is really good at. I wanted us to give him a run at #10 because he's the best we had, but he doesn't do enough. He hasn't improved in terms of creating chances at all.

Yes. Shooting is the only thing he is really good at. I wanted us to give him a run at #10 because he's the best we had, but he doesn't do enough. He hasn't improved in terms of creating chances at all.

Mate, you have it all wrong, he is creative, he is a goal threat (from set pieces and open play), even in the stoke game without thinking very hard I can think of two times he got a decent shot on goal and that sublime pass to Chadli (which should have been an assist).

Said it before in his thread, blaming Eriksen is like blaming Kane when the opposition cuts off the service. The team has to do a better job, make more runs, open the space for him to pass/run into.

You talk about not creating anything then talk about Lamela ... the irony .. Lamela is useless as a real/consistent goal threat, and more than half his assists last seasons were from corners I believe?

Eriksen had the highest chance created/key pass numbers last season Jord, only 2 assists mind

Stupid whoscored won't let me see last season's stats, but playing in that position he needs double digits in assists. Every game I'm left very underwhelmed in terms of his contribution. A few failed key passes and a couple of long rangers.

Mate, you have it all wrong, he is creative, he is a goal threat (from set pieces and open play), even in the stoke game without thinking very hard I can think of two times he got a decent shot on goal and that sublime pass to Chadli (which should have been an assist).

Said it before in his thread, blaming Eriksen is like blaming Kane when the opposition cuts off the service. The team has to do a better job, make more runs, open the space for him to pass/run into.

You talk about not creating anything then talk about Lamela ... the irony .. Lamela is useless as a real/consistent goal threat, and more than half his assists last seasons were from corners I believe?

He's a goal threat, but he doesn't influence play nearly enough. He takes a lot of corners as well. At least this season we appear to have done enough work on those to bypass the first man.

The main difference between Lamela and Eriksen is their misplaced passes. Eriksen makes his further up the pitch and therefore don't cause mayhem at the back.

Eriksen is more consistent, but not at a high enough level.

Stupid whoscored won't let me see last season's stats, but playing in that position he needs double digits in assists. Every game I'm left very underwhelmed in terms of his contribution. A few failed key passes and a couple of long rangers.

Squawka lets you see previous seasons stats. Eriksen 1st, Lamela 2nd, Chadli 3rd - for chances created, fairly big gaps in between each and then the rest (iirc)

I only brought it up because you mentioned chances created, Eriksen does well in this area (on the face of it) but his low assist count could suggest his final ball is of a lower standard than both Chadli and Lamela who have a higher assist to chance created ratio

Squawka lets you see previous seasons stats. Eriksen 1st, Lamela 2nd, Chadli 3rd - for chances created, fairly big gaps in between each and then the rest (iirc)

I only brought it up because you mentioned chances created, Eriksen does well in this area (on the face of it) but his low assist count could suggest his final ball is of a lower standard than both Chadli and Lamela who have a higher assist to chance created ratio

He does like to try them in crowded areas around the box. Less chance of success, but also less likely to cause a counter attack.

Two reasons

- Not enough players make themselves a target, in my opinion this will be highlighted when we see more of Trippier, he (Trippier) plays lots of early balls into the box, you will see how many times there is no one, or only one player there
- He fudging scores ... not sure how you can give a midfielder stick for no assists if he scores himself. Lets say we converted all of Eriksen's goals to assists last season, who would say anything? Lets be clear if Eriksen scores 10+ goals this season AND adds 10 assists (and btw, he should have two in two games so far), expect some Madrid fun over the summer.

Back to Lamela, hope for his sake we let him go back to Italy, its just painful to watch

Eriksen needs to be more creative no question, but he creates more than Lamela and scores more. Lamela is a waste of space for the most part. Eriksen is probably the best we can afford realistically, Lamela can be upgraded fairly easily if the scouts do their research.

I'd argue the reason that eriskens chances aren't scored as much is because the players he passes the too have shocking shots most of the time... He passes to Chadli and Lamella a lot and they generally miss the target (although Chadli does clearly score too). For example would the pass to Chadli on Saturday count as. A Chance created? The one where Chadli basically passed it back to Buttland due to his awful touch

The guy is our best outfield player comfortably and I think you will see that even more now we have added pace to the side

Back