• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

On the Radio 5 commentary of City-Chelsea, they were talking about how all players across Europe who played in the Copa America over the summer have had bad start to the season - apparently their fitness and sharpness is completely out of sync.

On the Radio 5 commentary of City-Chel53a, they were talking about how all players across Europe who played in the Copa America over the summer have had bad start to the season - apparently their fitness and sharpness is completely out of sync.

Aguero looks ok to me

Still dont think Willian does much more at Chel53a than Lamela does for us.
I think if we had Willian instead of Lamela he'd be a similar failure here.

Willian is not as much of a liability defensively, doesn't give the ball away in dangerous positions.

Lamela's offensive output is almost nothing so it doesn't even balance out for the amount of times he gives the ball away, gives away stupid fouls and puts us in trouble.

A see a few more links to Juve today. At the start of the season I was thinking he deserves another chance, but now I'm not so sure. If there is any truth in those rumours I think we should just cut our losses at this stage. It's just not going to happen for him and his value will more than likely continue to fall. I'm sorry for the kid but football can be cruel.

I'm not in the officially given up camp, but I'm almost there. I actually worry that his ineptitude will cost us points purely from the defensive point of view. Can't possibly see how Pritchard could be any worse.

I think if we can do a deal for Lorente and some decent money or even just a season loan swap it would be a great piece of work

Lamella needs to regain the swagger he had in Italy (if he can ever repeat it) and we would get a physical presence up front who can back up or replace Kane that they don't want

I think if we can do a deal for Lorente and some decent money or even just a season loan swap it would be a great piece of work

Lamella needs to regain the swagger he had in Italy (if he can ever repeat it) and we would get a physical presence up front who can back up or replace Kane that they don't want

That would leave us quite imbalanced. Two big name lone forwards after one spot, and Townsend as our only proper RWF

I'm having visions of a 4-4-2 with a front 4 of Kane, Llorente, Dembele and Chadli - the slowest least-dynamic frontline in history!

That would leave us quite imbalanced. Two big name lone forwards after one spot, and Townsend as our only proper RWF

I'm having visions of a 4-4-2 with a front 4 of Kane, Llorente, Dembele and Chadli - the slowest least-dynamic frontline in history!

Nothing.... I repeat nothing is less dynamic in football terms than lamella

The bloke spent half the game on on Saturday when he was on the pitch on his arse after fouling.

The remainder was spent attempting to find a player with a forward pass in their general direction and missing most of the time

I think your also forgetting NJie, erisken and Pritchard to name a few players that have been selectively taken out of our attack

The alternative at the moment is one big man striker and no back up, that's zero alternatives if he gets injured or is tired or not motivated. Anything is better than what we ended up with on Saturday

Nothing.... I repeat nothing is less dynamic in football terms than lamella

The bloke spent half the game on on Saturday when he was on the pitch on his arse after fouling.

The remainder was spent attempting to find a player with a forward pass in their general direction and missing most of the time

I think your also forgetting NJie, erisken and Pritchard to name a few players that have been selectively taken out of our attack

The alternative at the moment is one big man striker and no back up, that's zero alternatives if he gets injured or is tired or not motivated. Anything is better than what we ended up with on Saturday

Anything, so you agree that if your paying somebody 100k a week even if he is ***** you should at least be using him until a better option is found ;)

Lamela is not the answer for us. He never will be, it's exactly the same scenario as Bobby S.
I wanted to give him a chance, but he's just continuing on the same trajectory, that he started on. In actual fact, he's getting worse imo, because he's giving away more free kicks than ever. Get rid asap.

Anything, so you agree that if your paying somebody 100k a week even if he is ***** you should at least be using him until a better option is found ;)

Do you mean Ade @imcallingbullsh*t ?

He isn't in the squad, has no squad number and bizarrely doesn't seem to be anywhere near the training ground. It's odd to exile someone on that kind of salary but clearly we don't care anymore for him which is no bad thing IMO

If you mean Lamella.... I'd fancy my mum to stand her own defending against him

Lamela is not the answer for us. He never will be, it's exactly the same scenario as Bobby S.
I wanted to give him a chance, but he's just continuing on the same trajectory, that he started on. In actual fact, he's getting worse imo, because he's giving away more free kicks than ever. Get rid asap.

He was getting better towards the end of last season but has looked way out of sorts in the two sub appearances so far this season - Stoke was dreadful, looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch, which for all his faults hasn't been something I have noticed before from him

Do you mean Ade @imcallingbullsh*t ?

He isn't in the squad, has no squad number and bizarrely doesn't seem to be anywhere near the training ground. It's odd to exile someone on that kind of salary but clearly we don't care anymore for him which is no bad thing IMO

If you mean Lamella.... I'd fancy my mum to stand her own defending against him

Yes i meant Ade, my point with him has always been the same, we are paying him, use him until we have a better option. Im not sure Lamela up front is a better option.
Large section of support and perhaps even players may need to bite their tongue however we used him at the end of the season, im not sure what we have done has helped anyone, but thats an argument that has been gone over 200 times.

Is he down because of Soldado's departure i wonder? If so, could he also be feeling low because of possibly Fazio moving on as well?

Back